Fibromyalgia is one of the most painful chronic conditions to have, and it has profound effects on the quality of life for Fibromyalgia patients.
Mood swings, pain, aches, migraines, and fatigue continually plague those diagnosed with this condition, but above all else, people with Fibromyalgia struggle to sleep due to the pain.
Please read further for more information on what one can do to help ease fibromyalgia symptoms and get a good night’s sleep with the best mattress for Fibromyalgia.
What is Fibromyalgia? Causes & Symptoms
Fibromyalgia is a condition that doctors little understand and that does not have a known stipulated cure. It is a condition in which the patient experiences much pain in the muscles, bones, and joints. Science has revealed that continuous nervous system stimulation, which is a part of the condition, starts to produce overdoses of chemicals that signal pain in the body!
Doctors do not know the exact cause of Fibromyalgia, but from the current research available, Fibromyalgia appears to be a complex condition that arises from multiple causes, such as:
- Genes – Fibromyalgia runs in families, so beware if you have a relative with this condition! As a result of this, researchers have concluded that certain gene switches are likely involved with fibromyalgia progression. It is also interesting to note that Fibromyalgia is more likely to be diagnosed in women than in men.
- Severe Trauma – The kind of trauma which results in post-traumatic stress disorder can lead to the onset of Fibromyalgia.
- Disease – certain infections and diseases have been shown to increase fibromyalgia progression rapidly.
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia include:
- Chronic Pain
- Dull Aches and Pains
- Constant Fatigue
- Lack of Focus or Cognitive Deficits
- Memory Loss
Some Helpful Fibromyalgia Remedies
Once diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, doctors recommend a multi-pronged approach to help you with this little-understood condition.
One of the biggest problems with Fibromyalgia is not getting proper sleep due to feeling persistent pain in the back, muscles, and nerves.
Having the right mattress can help patients with fibromyalgia have less pain and sleep easier at night time.
The mattress needs to keep the spine straight, alleviating all pressure off the musculoskeletal system and allowing for deep breathing, better circulation, and deeper sleep.
As there is no known cure for this condition, it is also advised to eat as health-conscious as possible, do some light exercise, and keep your sleep cycle optimal.
Ensure that you go to bed at a set time and wake up at a set time. You should also talk to your physician about a supplementation program if you feel you are not getting enough nutrition out of your diet.
Features of a Good Mattress For Fibromyalgia Patients
The best mattress for people living with fibromyalgia should be firm enough to support the back while providing enough comfort for the body to relax fully.
Usually, the natural tendency is to buy an incredibly soft and comfortable mattress due to higher levels of pain!
However, this will lead to more pain in the long run as your spine could be misaligned. The best material for a fibromyalgia patient case would be memory foam, combined with a firmer density foam or down feathers for additional comfort.
Memory foam provides an exact 3D replica of your body shape and will hold your spine in balanced alignment, provided you lie straight until you sink in.
Make sure that your mattress does not have springs inside of it and that it has the ability for your skin to breath in it! Certain foams can cause your body to heat up uncomfortably during the night, preventing you from sleeping, which will increase aches and pains in the body.
Reviews: The Best Mattress for Fibromyalgia
Here are a few mattresses that Fibromyalgia patients have claimed to work well for their painful condition, helping them sleep peacefully at night. Have a look!
- Best Price’s memory foam mattress is a dream to sleep on, creating an exact contour of your unique body shape for supreme comfort.
- Keep your spine in perfect alignment and sleep deeper with better blood flow.
- This mattress is not an ordinary foam mattress, consisting of three foam layers.
- The top foam layer is 3 inches of memory foam, supported by a 2-inch layer of very soft foam, which has been designed for pressure relief.
- The mattress top layers rest on top of a 5-inch high-density foam, which keeps the mattress from sinking and provides the back support necessary to keep you pain-free at bedtime.
- The Brentwood Home Gel Memory Foam mattress is a keeper for those who suffer from aches and pains in the neck, back, or shoulders.
- The 2.5-inch thick gel memory foam keeps you fresh all night long and allows you to sink right in.
- The mattress will keep your back straight and help you breathe easier when resting.
- No chemical additives were used to produce this hypoallergenic and anti-microbial mattress.
- Even those with fibromyalgia claim to be very plush and luxurious to be sleeping on a cloud atop this mattress!
- Made in the USA, using CertiPUR-US foam.
- Imagine falling into a wave that carries you into the depths of a pain-free sleep – then you will know what sleeping on top of Innomax’s waterbed mattress feels like.
- The water suspension is gravity neutral and creates a sensation of weightlessness.
- This mattress is designed to provide pain relief and remove pressure from the musculoskeletal system.
- Ideal for those who have Fibromyalgia and other related skeletal or muscle problems and conditions.
- The waterbed mattress was created so that there is no space for the water to ripple, using a zero wave elimination system to achieve this.
- Royal pedic has a reputation for being the ultimate brand in terms of sleeping comfort.
- This royal pedic mattress has a royal-flex innerspring system created using a double heat tempered process and allows for more flexibility than an ordinary spring mattress.
- Sink into this pressure-relieving mattress, allowing the springs to cradle your body shape and align your spine as you rest.
- Call Royal Pedic to have your mattress custom-made for even better results.
- Ideal for patients with chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, arthritis, sclerosis, or back problems.
- If you suffer from aches in your spine, neck, or shoulders, then this mattress has been highly recommended for you.
- The firm innerspring system offers complete back support, aiding sleep by supporting great posture.
- The top layer is made using quilted foam for optimal pressure point pain relief in this 12-inch mattress.
- Patients with Fibromyalgia or musculoskeletal problems recommend it.
- Made inside the USA.
- With the Cuddle Ewe Wool Mattress Topper, you can immediately transform your bed into a paradise for your body to rest on.
- Wool is one of the few 100% natural materials which conform to your body’s exact shape while providing excellent back support.
- Indulge in this soft and cuddly mattress pad for back pressure relief and get in some intensive rest and deep sleeping.
- Made in the USA and not suitable to be washed or dry cleaned (this will shrink the wool and damage the topper quality).
- The mattress pad should be flipped once a week, and the manufacturer recommends getting cotton covering to keep it clean.
- The Spectra mattress offers superb quality technologies ideal for those who suffer from conditions such as Fybromyalgia.
- There are quite pocket coils in the center and memory foam tops for ample comfort and soft support.
- This mattress aims at offering therapeutic comfort and support to reduce pressure points.
- A Knife-edge pillow design with an extra cushioned top layer.
- An orthopedic support and comfort mattress is designed to alleviate pain and symptoms associated with health conditions such as Fybromyalgia.
- Motion isolation for complete undisturbed sleep.
- The memory foam is CentiPUR-Certified for purity and quality and infused with a cooling gel that disperses body heat.
- There are also 3-Zones of pocketed springs contoured for optimal support and cushioned comfort.
- A Quilted pillow top with a cover that is hypoallergenic and skin-friendly.
- This is a 14-inch plush and comfortable mattress with firm cushioning and a soft top for optimal support and comfort.
- Ther is a soft pillow top design and Posturepedic technology that keeps your spine and body perfectly aligned.
- There are different layers of comfort with 3 inches of Sealy support firm foam and Seally Cooling gel and flexible and moldable memory foam layers.
- The durable edges are designed to be more solid and reinforced with a foam border around the mattress, increasing the surface area.
- This is a Gel-infused memory foam designed for full-body support and pain relief.
- It features extra plush 3-inch memory foam to provide a deep sink and super soft feel, with a unique zoning pattern.
- The memory foam is infused with temperature-regulating gel and a textured design to improve breathability and airflow.
- It is designed with convoluted targeted zones to reduce pressure at different pressure points.
Comparison Table: Top Rated Mattress for Fibromyalgia
Table of Contents
- What is Fibromyalgia? Causes & Symptoms
- Some Helpful Fibromyalgia Remedies
- Features of a Good Mattress For Fibromyalgia Patients
- Reviews: The Best Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Best Price Mattress® Memory Foam Mattress Fibromyalgia Pressure Relief Memory Foam Mattress
- Brentwood Home® Hypoallergenic Foam Mattress Soft Memory Foam Fibromyalgia Pain Relief Mattress
- InnoMax® Gentle Waterbed Mattress Sleep Easy Fibromyalgia Relief Water Mattress
- Royal Pedic® Hotel Quality Mattress Royal Remedy Mattress for Fibromyalgia Pains
- Aireloom® Hotel Collection Mattress Firm Fibromyalgia Support Mattress for Deep Sleep
- Beauty Rest® Wool Mattress Pad Soft Support Body Contour Mattress Topper
- Spectra® Double Sided Coil Mattress for the Fybromyalgia
- Sweetnight® King Mattress for the Elderly
- Sealy® Response Performance Fybromyalgia and Shoulder Pain Relief Mattress
- LUCID® Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- Comparison Table: Top Rated Mattress for Fibromyalgia