At Mattress Obsessions, we take our product testing and rating seriously. We put each product through its paces so that you can make an informed decision before making your purchase. But how do we test and rate products? Let’s take a closer look.
A Little Bit About Us
It’s a little-known fact that not all sleep products are created equal. Some have down fiber, some have memory foam, and others might even have wool or designed to reduce back pain. We at Mattress Obsessions believe in giving you the best of the best when it comes to sound sleep – we review sleep products from top brands and even those who are new in the market but have efficient products. Keep reading to know more about how we accomplish this.
The Review Process: How We Shortlist the Products
The process of shortlisting sleep products and related products is a challenging task. There are so many choices, brands, styles, prices that it can be overwhelming to find the right one.
But, we’ve done the hard work for you!
Our experts take the time to research the best suppliers, find any potential issues with quality or price and then hand-pick what we think are the highest quality items available at that time. They will help guide your purchase as you decide on which products are right for you!
Here’s a sneak peek of the process the products have to go through in order to get a spot in our lists of best ones.
- Tried and Tested: We get the products, we try them on, we test them in suitable environments, and we share the results with you. Sometimes, we get the products for free from the sellers or brands, and sometimes we purchase them to check if they stand true to their claims.
- Window Shopping: We also go to stores and check out the size and design of the products to observe and compare what they claim to deliver without actually buying them.
- Third-Party Reviews: Sometimes, the brand owners share the products with third-party reviewers who can test the products in much better environments, like testing mattresses for several nights, or spilling water on a waterproof topper. This simply helps us to test products to their limits.
- Online Digging: Whenever we are unable to get the products in our hands, we dig through the internet, from the brand websites to e-commerce stores and even online reviewing platforms, to fetch genuine reviews from real people to bring you the most honest feedback of the products.
Moreover, all general information, including health-related advice and precautions, is thoroughly sourced from credible websites and certified practitioners.
For What Features We Test the Products
All products that appear on our lists go through the scrutinization of a strict process.
- Stay Put – We noticed the products have that elastic straps at the corners for extra holding power.
- Comfort – We checked how the products were comfortable and safe when used.
- Lightweight – We checked if the products feel light on the skin and if its maintain comfort throughout the sleep.
- Hypoallergenic – We observed how the products are likely to trigger an allergic reaction.
- Breathability – We checked if the fabric of the products was breathable or whether it caused any sweating.
- Quality – We researched how long users are able to use the products without any reported changes in the quality or design.
- Temperature Regulation – We researched how the products increase blood flow to the body and how much heat is lost through the skin.
- Thickness – We took note of the thickness of the fabric of all products.
- Pressure Relief – We checked how good the products are in providing optimal alignment and pressure relief.
- Maintenance – We researched how long users are able to use the products without any reported changes in the quality and how easy was it to clean.
- Boost Circulation – We analyzed how effectively these products promote improved blood flow in the body.
- Reduce Inflammation – We analyzed how effectively the products reduce inflammation, which can improve sleep quality.
- Stress-Free – We observed how effective the products are in lowering stress and promoting calmness.
- Anti-Fatigue – We took note of the level of tiredness our bodies felt with the different products we tested.
- Price – We checked the products’ affordability having good quality.
- Prevent Acid Reflux – We researched how good the products are in preventing acid reflux and aiding in better posture.
- Support – We checked how well the products provide support to the user’s body and help maintain better alignment.
- Relaxation – We researched how good the products are in providing extra support to keep the back and neck aligned, so the user will feel even better and more relaxed.
- Reduce Snoring – We observed how effective the products are in improving breathing and reducing snoring.
- Non-Toxic – We researched the product’s material to ensure it did not cause any allergies and was safe to use.
- Pain-Relief – We checked how extremely effective the products are at soothing skin and minimizing pain while sleeping.
- Removable – We checked how easy it was to remove from the cover.
- Noiseless – We checked if the products have nonslip padded tape for a noise-free sleeping experience.
- Durability – We researched how long users are able to use these products without any reported changes in their quality or design.
- Moisture-Wicking – We observed how excellent the products are at absorbing moisture to keep users cool and cozy.
- Design – We analyzed the design of the products to see if it is soft and comfortable to use.
- Firmness – We assessed how the products provide a significant amount of firmness for better comfort and good quality sleep.
- Improve Sleep Quality – We noticed how effectively the products are in giving comfort and improving sleep quality.
- Soft Fabric – We compared the level of softness of different products.
- Antimicrobial – We analyzed how successfully the products work to resist microbes.
- Anti-Aging – We researched how effectively the products protect the skin against skin damage and even reverse some signs of aging.
- Prevent Dust Mites – We analyzed how effectively the products work to fight or resist dust mites.
Why Should You Trust Us?
We provide the most honest reviews
We bring you the best products in the market
We share information that’s true to the best of our knowledge
At Mattress Obsessions, we try and test all kinds of brands and types of sleep products to confidently say that we know which ones are worth your time (and money).
Trust us – when it comes to finding the best products out there, we know what we’re talking about! Whether you’re looking for Best Organic Mattress, Air Mattress for Guests, or Sofa Bed Mattress Topper, we’ve got you covered.