Under mattress wedge for acid reflux is designed for sleepers with sleep apnea, snoring, Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD. It provides all sorts of benefits.
Their sloping shape allows sleepers to rest their head and shoulders in an elevated position to reduce acid reflux symptoms.
Do Bed Wedges Work For Acid Reflux?
Wedge pillows can be an easy and natural way to treat acid reflux. Elevating your head, shoulders, and torso during sleep will prevent the stomach acids from leaking into your esophagus, which is where most of these symptoms come from.
- Shape – The wedge pillow is a great option for those with acid reflux. Due to its cheese-like shape, it lifts the upper body to prevent regurgitation, and gravity can keep stomach acids down so they don’t come back up.
- Helps with sleep apnea – Sleeping on an incline, or using an under-mattress wedge for GERD to elevate the head and neck while sleeping horizontally, can greatly reduce occurrences of sleep apnea. Aside from wedges, using a mattress elevator may also help you breathe properly throughout the night and improve blood flow.
- Nighttime Asthma – For those fighting asthma at night, a wedge pillow can fight back against gravity and keep blood from pooling in your lungs to help you breathe easier.
- Acid Reflux/GERD – Bed wedges are designed to elevate your head, and they are also effective for people with GERD. They have fewer reflux episodes in their sleep and shorter ones that last less time than before. Meanwhile, a lavender infused mattress topper may also help in feeling calm while sleeping.
Is Sleeping On A Wedge Bad For You?
Sleeping on a wedge pillow can offer relief from sinus pressure and congestion. The elevation of the upper body relieves pooling mucous, which may reduce inflammation and irritation in your nasal passages for healthier breathing.
- Gentle slope for back sleeping – For back sleepers, a wedge is a perfect pillow to support your spine. You’ll place one side against the headboard or wall while the other lays level with the mattress for an incline so gentle that you will feel it before you notice it.
- Side sleeping – For those who sleep on their side, the wedge will provide additional height to reduce strain and discomfort. The incline allows your spine to rest in a more neutral position for better support while you lay down comfortably on your side.
- Under the belly – For pregnant women who sleep on their side, placing a cushion under your belly can prove helpful as the product works to counteract gravity and pull in the weight of your stomach. Place the thinnest part of the bed wedges below it to support this area for greater comfort.
Buying Considerations For Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux
Below are some essential factors to consider during an under-mattress wedge for acid reflux search when you suffer sleeplessly:
- Sleeping position: Are you a side sleeper? If yes, you should buy a memory foam and latex mattress wedge.
- Your weight: Sleeper’s weight is closely tied to firmness preferences. Heavier than average (230+ pounds), people prefer firmer surfaces because they don’t sink too deeply and provide excellent support. On the other hand, lighter-than-average sleepers (below 130 pounds) often feel most comfortable on softer bed surfaces that conform to their bodies.
- Size: The ideal acid reflux mattress wedge will be something that fits your bed just right. We recommend one of the best under mattress wedge pads so they can give a gradual lift from feet to head.
- Material: Typical materials are memory foam and polyurethane foam. The former gives excellent support for back sleepers, while the latter is a good choice for side sleepers.
- Coil Type: Hybrid models offer better flexibility and support via the pocketed coils.
How We Test and Score Under Mattress Wedges for Acid Reflux
These reviews are based on intense research, analysis, and feedback from our experts and real users from different digital platforms.
We spent 28 hours trying, testing, and scoring these Under Mattress Wedges for Acid Reflux, for different key parameters and then shortlisted the best products in the market, saving you time and effort.
We used the following parameters for our tests and analysis.
- Prevent Acid Reflux – We researched how good the products are in preventing acid reflux and aiding in better posture.
- Quality – We researched how long users are able to use the products without any reported changes in the quality or design.
- Support – We checked how well the products provide support to the user’s body and help maintain better alignment.
- Relaxation – We researched how good the products are in providing extra support to keep the back and neck aligned, so the user will feel even better and more relaxed.
- Reduce Snoring – We observed how effective the products are in improving breathing and reducing snoring.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Under Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux
- Can I put a wedge pillow under my mattress?
To fill the space between the headboard and the bed, use a mattress wedge. A mattress wedge is placed under the mattress to raise the bed to a medically suggested angle of 4′′–8.” A Reflux Guard is placed under the mattress to help you sleep better.
- Do wedge pillows help with acid reflux?
Wedge pillows can help with acid reflux and GERD symptoms, especially at night. Wedge pillows prevent acid from spilling out of your stomach and into your esophagus by slightly lifting your head, shoulders, and chest while you sleep.
- How do you use a mattress wedge?
Place the long, flat side of your wedge pillow against your wall or headboard, with the short, wide end on your mattress. You’ll be able to watch TV or curl up with your favorite book or magazine while sitting up straight and slightly reclining at the most ergonomic angle.
- Are bed wedges good for you?
Wedge pillows have proven to be advantageous to both back and side sleepers since they can ease the strain on the lower back, neck, and shoulders. Wedge pillows are frequently recommended for pregnant women to provide extra support and relieve discomfort.
Reviews: Under Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux
We have compiled a few options for choosing the best under mattress wedge for acid reflux from the following collection.
We hope you love the under mattress wedge for acid reflux we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- This under mattress wedge for acid reflux, by SnugStop, is your primary defense against sleepless nights.
- It is a high-quality foam wedge gap filler with a comfortable design that includes side pockets to hold your mobiles, glasses, and more.
- It is an all-season bed wedge for acid reflux, as it cools in the summer and insulates in the winter.
- The wedge will help you breathe easily and prevent acid reflux spells when sleeping.
- It is available in twin, queen, and king-sized options.
- The 100% cotton cover is easy to wash in the machine.
- Variety of sizes available.
- Prevent acid reflux.
- Great quality.
- Only in white color.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
|Prevent Acid Reflux||25%||100|
- Avana Mattress Elevator is another best value acid reflux mattress wedge. It provides a 7″ to 1″ incline down the full length of the mattress.
- This under mattress wedge for acid reflux offers a safe and drug-free solution that rivals more expensive models. The full-length bed wedge for acid reflux provides additional mattress stability and support.
- Install under the mattress and get relief from Acid Reflux and GERD symptoms. Featuring a Split design, you can easily place and remove it between the mattress and box spring.
- Avana foam is CertiPUR-US certified. Ships roll compressed to save on shipping and reduce carbon footprint – open instantly without distortion.
- Various styles available.
- Easy installation.
- A little heavy.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
|Prevent Acid Reflux||25%||100|
- One of the best under-mattress wedges for acid reflux, Stratiform offers an ergonomic Californian king-size that provides just the proper inclination to elevate the Head-of-Bed for improving sleep quality.
- It is ideal for people with Heartburn, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), and other conditions that keep them up at night.
- While sleeping, introducing gravity to your system also offers relief to indigestion, Barrett’s Esophagus, Hiatal Hernia, Post Nasal Drip, Sinus Congestion, Snoring, and more.
- Made with high-grade polyurethane foam, it doesn’t slip as easily as pillows do. Just install it under the mattress and enjoy a restful sleep.
- You can also take it with you while traveling long trips with the ‘retention strap’ sold separately.
- It is also hypoallergenic, so that’s another plus.
- Polyurethane foam construction.
- 5-1 Inch gentle decline.
- Designed to improve sleep quality.
- Only in blue color.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
|Prevent Acid Reflux||25%||100|
- The WEY&FLY mattress wedge pillow is the ideal size and shape to use for snore-free nights.
- Wedge style to prevent acid reflux and offer better support.
- An inflatable mattress that is portable and easy to travel with.
- Very durable materials and construction.
- Quick to inflate and deflate, as and when needed.
- Next up on our list is Polyurethane Foam Under Mattress Elevator for acid reflux by Cardinal & Crest. It gently inclines your mattress to 5-inches and provides the gentle support you need at night.
- This Under Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux is made from polyurethane 100 percent hypoallergenic and made for long-term durability.
- The mattress wedge gives additional mattress support and head and shoulder height. That means you can bid farewell to acid reflux.
- With this, there is no place to fall off on the sides. The gradual lift from feet to head it offers is perfect. You can feel as if you were lying almost perfectly flat.
- The Mattress Genie ISS is an inflatable acid reflux mattress wedge that gives perfect inclination. Perfect for those who suffer from Acid Reflux, GERD, Heartburn, or other Digestion symptoms.
- Also, this elongated 48″ length inflatable bed wedge for acid reflux provides excellent support for your entire torso and hips.
- The best part – easy installation and removal. Deflate the Genie when you want to sleep flat and inflate when you want to rest or relax on an incline.
- Depending on your preference, you can inflate and adjust the elevation anywhere between one to eight inches.
- It comes with a hand-held remote to light up in the dark, allowing easy mattress wedge adjustments.
- Speaking of the carrying capacity, it can withstand up to 1000lbs of pressure.
- A quality-designed Memory foam wedge pillow top with a foam base for your mattress.
- It comes with a comfortable and durable cooling bamboo cover.
- Ideal for preventing acid reflux and aid in better posture.
- It is made from non-toxic and hypoallergenic materials.
- The Ebung Wedge mattress is a high-density memory foam design for enhanced sleep.
- Sleeping at an incline angle helps you breathe easily and prevents acid reflux.
- This wedge design has an ergonomic and comfortable shape with plush and comfortable memory foam.
- The under mattress bed wedge also comes with a durable and washable cover.
- We have Nova Medical products’ ideal ergonomic Reflux Prevention Wedge mattress pillow.
- Available in different thickness options for your comfort requirements.
- The elevation cushion has an angled slope, so you can use it to lie down or sit up and read.
- This pillow can also fold into a versatile pillow table.
- There are three slope elevations for your specific needs.
- Meet the best under mattress wedge for acid reflux – Mindful Foam Mattress Elevator. It Supports your upper back, shoulders and relieves common sleeping discomforts.
- The highly resilient orthopedic pad is made of durable polyurethane foam. It improves your sleep posture, which can help prevent orthopedic health issues with your spine, neck, and shoulders.
- Unlike traditional foam, Ring-of-Air technology is utilized to give better airflow so you can sleep cooler.
- It is known for its therapeutic benefits and comfortable support; this under-mattress elevator is hypoallergenic, too.
- Speaking of its price point, it is an affordable option that works well to relieve acid reflux, heartburn, snoring, and sleep apnea.
- It has cooling Gel-Infused for less heat retention.
Index Table: Top Rated Under Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux
|1||SnugStop Gap Filler - Bed Wedge for Acid Reflux||SnugStop||98|
|2||Avana Incline Foam - Acid Reflux Under Mattress Wedge||Avana||98.1|
|3||Stratiform California King - Acid Reflux Under Mattress Wedge||Stratiform||98|
|4||WEY&FLY Inflatable - Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux||WEY&FLY||97|
|5||Brentwood Therapeutic - Acid Reflux Mattress Wedge||Brentwood||98|
|6||Contour Products Folding - Incline Bed Wedge for Acid Reflux||Contour Products||96|
|7||Silverback Memory Foam - Acid Reflux Mattress Wedge Pillow||Silverback||97|
|8||Ebung Versatile - Acid Reflux Bed Wedge||Ebung||96|
|9||Nova Medical Products Folding - Acid Reflux Bed Wedge||Nova Medical Products||96|
|10||Mindful Design Cooling - Orthopedic Mattress Wedge||Mindful Design||96|
Table of Contents
- Do Bed Wedges Work For Acid Reflux?
- Is Sleeping On A Wedge Bad For You?
- Buying Considerations For Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux
- How We Test and Score Under Mattress Wedges for Acid Reflux
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Under Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux
- Reviews: Under Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux
- SnugStop® Gap Filler Bed Wedge for Acid Reflux
- Avana® Incline Foam Acid Reflux Under Mattress Wedge
- Stratiform® California King Acid Reflux Under Mattress Wedge
- WEY&FLY® Inflatable Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux
- Brentwood® Therapeutic Acid Reflux Mattress Wedge
- Contour Products® Folding Incline Bed Wedge for Acid Reflux
- Silverback® Memory Foam Acid Reflux Mattress Wedge Pillow
- Ebung® Versatile Acid Reflux Bed Wedge
- Nova Medical Products® Folding Acid Reflux Bed Wedge
- Mindful Design® Cooling Orthopedic Mattress Wedge
- Index Table: Top Rated Under Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux