Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux is designed for sleepers with sleep apnea, snoring, Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD. It provides all sorts of benefits.
Their sloping shape allows sleepers to rest their head and shoulders in an elevated position to reduce acid reflux symptoms.
How Does Acid Reflux Impact Sleep?
Scientists have found out several ways in which acid reflux interferes with a person’s sleep:
Most obviously, people suffering from acid reflux may be awakened by the pain of heartburn, which occurs when stomach acid refluxes into the esophagus and irritates the esophageal lining.
If stomach acids reach the back of the throat or larynx, it causes a coughing fit or choking at night.
People might wake up when they experience regurgitation, wherein a small amount of stomach acid enters into their mouth.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD is a risk factor for sleep apnea, a disorder in which a person’s breathing is interrupted during sleep. Researchers believe that refluxed acid causes the voice box to spasm, blocking the airways and preventing air from flowing into the lungs.
GERD and Sleep Position
If you are a GERD sufferer, you can do a lot to improve your sleep quality simply by changing your sleeping position. Here’s what doctors recommend:
- Elevate the head of your bed about 6-8 inches to assist gravity in keeping the stomach acid from refluxing back to the esophagus or mouth.
- Try to sleep on your left side. Side sleeping has been found to reduce acid reflux significantly.
- Don’t sleep on your back, mainly if you are obese. The more the pressure on your stomach, the more the chances for stomach acid to reflux back.
- Don’t sleep on your right side. This seems to relax the lower esophageal sphincter — the tight ring of muscle connecting the stomach and esophagus that normally defends against reflux.
Additionally, investing in a good mattress wedge for acid reflux is another wise choice to reduce symptoms or, at least, making them more manageable.
Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux – Buying Considerations
Below are some important factors to consider during an under-mattress wedge for acid reflux search when you suffer sleeplessly:
- Sleeping position: Are you a side sleeper? If yes, you should buy a memory foam and latex mattress wedge.
- Your weight: Sleeper’s weight is closely tied to firmness preferences. Heavier than average (230+ pounds), people prefer firmer surfaces because they don’t sink too deeply and provide excellent support. On the other hand, lighter-than-average sleepers (below 130 pounds) often feel most comfortable on softer bed surfaces that conform to their bodies.
- Size: The ideal acid reflux mattress wedge will be something that fits your bed just right. We recommend one of the best under mattress wedge pads so they can give a gradual lift from feet to head.
- Material: Typical materials are memory foam and polyurethane foam. The former gives excellent support for back sleepers, while the latter is a good choice for side sleepers.
- Coil Type: Hybrid models offer better flexibility and support via the pocketed coils.
Reviews: Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux
- Avana Mattress Elevator is another best value acid reflux mattress wedge. It provides a 7″ to 1″ incline down the full length of the mattress.
- This under mattress wedge for acid reflux offers a safe and drug-free solution that rivals more expensive models. The full-bed length provides additional mattress stability and support.
- Install under the mattress and get relief from Acid Reflux and GERD symptoms. Featuring a Split design, you can easily place and remove it between the mattress and box spring.
- Avana foam is CertiPUR-US certified. Ships roll compressed to save on shipping and reduce carbon footprint – opens instantly without distortion.
- 7-Inch foam.
- Elevated Incline design.
- Certi-PUR US Certified.
- A little heavy.
- May is not budget-friendly.
- One of the best under mattress wedge for acid reflux, Beautyrest offers an ergonomic Californian king-size that provides just the right inclination to elevate the Head-of-Bed for improving sleep quality.
- Ideal for people with Heartburn, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), and other conditions that keep them up at night.
- While sleeping, introducing gravity to your system also offers relief to indigestion, Barrett’s Esophagus, Hiatal Hernia, Post Nasal Drip, Sinus Congestion, Snoring, and more.
- Made with high-grade polyurethane foam, it doesn’t slip as easily as pillows do. Just install it under the mattress and enjoy a restful sleep.
- You can also take it with you while traveling long trips with the ‘retention strap’ sold separately.
- It is also hypoallergenic, so that’s another plus.
- Polyurethane foam construction.
- 5-1 Inch gentle decline.
- Designed to improve sleep quality.
- No size options.
- The WEY&FLY mattress wedge pillow is the ideal size and shape to use for snore-free nights.
- Wedge style to prevent acid reflux and offer better support.
- An inflatable mattress that is portable and easy to travel with.
- Very durable materials and construction.
- Quick to inflate and deflate, as and when needed.
- 24-hour leak-proof test.
- Maintains temperature.
- No harmful chemicals.
- Cover is only suitable for spot cleaning.
- Next up on our list is Polyurethane Foam Under Mattress Elevator for acid reflux by Cardinal & Crest. It gently inclines your mattress to 5-inches and provides the gentle support you need at night.
- This under-bed mattress wedge is made from polyurethane 100 percent hypoallergenic and made for long-term durability.
- The mattress wedge gives additional mattress support and head and shoulder height. That means you can bid farewell to acid reflux.
- With this, there is no place to fall off on the sides. The gradual lift from feet to head it offers is perfect. You can actually feel as if you were lying almost perfectly flat.
- The Mattress Genie ISS is an inflatable acid reflux mattress wedge that gives perfect inclination. Perfect for those who suffer from Acid Reflux, GERD, Heartburn, or other Digestion symptoms.
- Also, this elongated 48″ length inflatable bed wedge for acid reflux provides excellent support for your entire torso and hips.
- The best part – easy installation and removal. Deflate the Genie when you want to sleep flat and inflate when you want to rest or relax on an incline.
- Depending on your preference, you can inflate and adjust the elevation anywhere between one to eight inches.
- It comes with a hand-held remote to light up in the dark allowing for easy mattress wedge adjustments.
- Speaking of the carrying capacity, it can withstand up to 1000lbs of pressure.
- A quality-designed Memory foam wedge pillow top for your mattress with a foam base.
- It comes with a comfortable and durable cooling bamboo cover.
- Ideal for preventing acid reflux and aid in better posture.
- Made from non-toxic and hypoallergenic materails.
- This bed wedge for acid reflux, by SnugStop, is your primary defense against sleepless nights.
- This is a high-quality foam wedge gap filler with a comfortable design that includes side pockets to hold your mobiles, glasses, and more.
- It is an all-season bed wedge for acid reflux, as it cools in the summer and insulates in the winter.
- The wedge will help you breathe easily and prevent acid reflux spells when sleeping.
- It is available in twin, queen, and king-sized options.
- The 100% cotton cover is easy to wash in the machine.
- The Ebung Wedge mattress is a high-density memory foam design for enhanced sleep.
- Sleeping at an incline angle helps you breathe easily and prevents acid reflux.
- This wedge design has an ergonomic and comfortable shape with plush and comfortable memory foam.
- The wedge also comes with a durable and washable cover.
- We have the ideal ergonomic Reflux Prevention Wedge mattress pillow from Nova Medical products.
- Available in different thickness options for your comfort requirements.
- The elevation cushion has an angled slope, so you can use it to lie down or sit up and read.
- This pillow can also fold into a versatile pillow table.
- There are three slope elevations for your specific needs.
- Meet the best under mattress wedge for acid reflux – Mindful Foam Mattress Elevator. It Supports your upper back, shoulders and relieves common sleeping discomforts.
- The highly resilient orthopedic pad is made of durable polyurethane foam. It improves your sleep posture, which can help prevent orthopedic health issues with your spine, neck, and shoulders.
- Unlike traditional foam, Ring-of-Air technology is utilized to give better airflow so you can sleep cooler.
- Known for its therapeutic benefits and comfortable support, this under-mattress elevator is hypoallergenic, too.
- Speaking of its price point, it is an affordable option that works well to relieve acid reflux, heartburn, snoring, and sleep apnea.
- Cooling Gel-Infused for less heat retention.
Index Table: Top Rated Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux
|1||Avana Incline Foam - Under Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux||Avana||98.1|
|2||Beautyrest Calfornia King - Under Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux||Beautyrest||98|
|3||WEY&FLY Inflatable - Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux||WEY&FLY||97|
|4||Brentwood Therapeutic - Acid Reflux Mattress Wedge||Brentwood||98|
|5||Contour Products Folding - Incline Bed Wedge for Acid Reflux||Contour Products||96|
|6||Silverback Memory Foam - Acid Reflux Mattress Wedge Pillow||Silverback||97|
|7||SnugStop Gap Filler - Bed Wedge for Acid Reflux||SnugStop||98|
|8||Ebung Versatile - Acid Reflux Bed Wedge||Ebung||96|
|9||Nova Medical Products Folding - Acid Reflux Bed Wedge||Nova Medical Products||96|
|10||Mindful Design Cooling - Orthopedic Mattress Wedge||Mindful Design||96|
Table of Contents
- How Does Acid Reflux Impact Sleep?
- GERD and Sleep Position
- Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux – Buying Considerations
- Reviews: Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux
- Avana® Incline Foam Under Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux
- Beautyrest® Calfornia King Under Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux
- WEY&FLY® Inflatable Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux
- Brentwood® Therapeutic Acid Reflux Mattress Wedge
- Contour Products® Folding Incline Bed Wedge for Acid Reflux
- Silverback® Memory Foam Acid Reflux Mattress Wedge Pillow
- SnugStop® Gap Filler Bed Wedge for Acid Reflux
- Ebung® Versatile Acid Reflux Bed Wedge
- Nova Medical Products® Folding Acid Reflux Bed Wedge
- Mindful Design® Cooling Orthopedic Mattress Wedge
- Index Table: Top Rated Mattress Wedge for Acid Reflux