The best mattress elevator can come in handy for relief from sleep apnea. With elevation, the throat muscles perform better and result in less snoring and a better night’s sleep.
Besides, over or under mattress elevators are also beneficial for other sleeping ailments like GERD, constant body fatigue, congestion, and acid reflux. So let’s dive in and uncover the best mattress elevators available on Amazon. But first, we’ll see what causes sleep apnea.
Causes of Sleep Apnea
A blockage causes sleep Apnea in the airways while one is sleeping.
Usually, other sleep apnea symptoms involve waking up repeatedly in the night and not getting proper rest. The body responds to the lack of oxygen, triggering an emergency response and waking itself up.
Here are some potentially surprising examples of what can cause sleep apnea:
- Obesity – fat never grows in just one place, but instead accumulates everywhere. Obesity increases the chances of sleep apnea greatly because the soft muscles in the throat can block the airways more easily.
- Hormonal Problems – having excessive amounts of growth hormones can lead to sleep apnea.
- Hypothyroidism – this is a condition where the thyroid sticks out with a goiter. This can easily block the airways and is usually associated with sleep apnea.
- Allergies – Sometimes sleep apnea can be caused by severe allergies, such as to dairy, gluten, nuts, corn, soy, pets, chemicals, or sugar. If either the glands in the neck get too swollen or the lungs produce too much mucus at night, sleep apnea is likely to occur.
- Tonsilitis – in children, tonsillitis is known to create sleep apnea.
- Smoking – studies have revealed that individuals who smoke are at a far higher risk of receiving sleep apnea than those that don’t.
How the Best Mattress Elevator for Sleep Apnea May Provide a Solution
An incline mattress or mattress elevator (at the head) for sleep apnea is a good idea for a few reasons. A mattress for sleep apnea is not a cure, but it will certainly help by taking the pressure off your breathing, which can mean the difference between life and death for severe sleep apnea cases.
- Excess Fluids – first is that usually, excess fluids are pooling in the lungs or overweight, soft muscles are blocking the airways. Sleeping at an incline helps drain these fluids and keeps your airways as open as possible, thanks to gravity.
- Sleep Interruptions – when you have continuously interrupted sleep, your perception of pain becomes heightened. Back and neck pains are commonly associated with sleep apnea, and the best mattresses for sleep apnea are usually incredibly comfortable.
- Sleep Posture – The last reason you will want a mattress for sleep apnea is due to keeping your posture straight in the night. Maintaining a straight spinal alignment is the optimal breathing position for our bodies to assume. Purchase a mattress that provides your back and neck with the best support and allow your airways to remain open.
Characteristics of the Best Mattress Elevator for Sleep Apnea
The best mattresses for sleep apnea are on par with the best orthopedic mattresses on the market, with a few added features.
- Wedged or Inclined Mattresses – the most important feature for any mattress that will aid sleep apnea is an incline to allow fluids to drain. Sometimes a wedge pillow or mattress topper is needed.
- Adjustable Mattresses – Some mattresses include a hospital bed mattress topper comes on legs or can be adjusted completely to aid your sleep. These mattresses are usually made of multiple foam layers for maximum support and flexibility.
- Memory Foam – this is a sophisticated foam that can hold your shape, helping to align your spine by keeping you in a straight position. Memory foam can be infused with cooling gel, which helps keep it cool. Later innovations have allowed manufacturers to infuse natural antimicrobial extracts into the foam, such as green tea, charcoal, or bamboo.
Reviews: Best Mattress Elevator for Sleep Apnea
Here is our brief list of the best mattress elevator to help provide sleep apnea relief currently available.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- One of the best under-mattress elevators for Sleep Apnea, who already own a mattress and do not wish to buy a new one.
- This wedge will place any mattress on a gentle incline, aiding gastric problems, indigestion, congestion in the lungs, and sinus problems.
- The mattress pad is made from high-density foam for additional back support.
- One can use this mattress pad on top of their mattress, too, as this foam topper was made with increased airflow.
- No need to worry about heat waking you up in the night on top of things!
- 7-Inch foam.
- Inclined elevator design.
- Expensive compared to other options.
- This memory foam mattress elevator wedge topper can transform any mattress into a comfortable and supportive sleeping aid.
- The memory foam provides you with a perfect 3D contouring of your body shape, holding your posture in alignment.
- Avana mattress elevator is inclined to help you breathe properly throughout the night and improve blood flow.
- It is covered with a removable, zip-on rayon bamboo cover! Conveniently wash in the washing machine.
- Ideal for those suffering from sleep apnea, congestion, stomach or acid reflux, and GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).
- 100% antimicrobial and hypoallergenic.
- Made in the USA.
- Inclined memory foam.
- 72-Inch width.
- Provides 3D contouring for optimum support.
- A little heavy.
- This product is a completely adjustable mattress elevator wedge for those suffering from sleep apnea.
- Consisting of two wedges, you can decide the amount of elevation your bed needs to help you sleep better at night.
- It helps you breathe better at night and keep your spine straighter with this comfortable mattress bed wedge.
- Free from any chemical-additive and completely hypoallergenic.
- It is made from recyclable materials in the USA.
- These mattress elevators do not come with a cover, and neither needs one – no washing required.
- Constructed with recycled plastic.
- 2-5 Inches of elevation.
- Comes in a pack of 2.
- Only comes in one size.
- Counted among the best mattress elevator bed wedge, they can be adjusted to your level of comfort and with ease.
- The gel-infused cooling memory foam ensures that you stay cool and sweat-free while you get relief from sleep apnea.
- Apart from sleep apnea, it is also ideal for acid reflux, Gerd, Sinus, and can also be used as a leg pillow.
- Besides, you’ll also get a natural bamboo cover that is removable and washable.
- Moreover, it has a patented double-layer design that speaks for its unparalleled support.
- This mattress elevator wedge comes with Strategic Elevation Technology.
- It is made up of premium quality memory foam.
- The Relax Support Wedge is ideal for acid reflux, neck pain, and respiratory problems.
- It also has a half-moon memory foam pillow for extra support.
- A contoured and ergonomically designed mattress elevator bed wedge will help prevent sleep apnea.
- Made from high-quality memory foam and infused with cooling gel.
- It comes with a breathable bamboo cover that is washable and removable.
- Like any good mattress elevator bed wedge, it is available in an original or gel-infused model to choose from.
- An ergonomically designed and multifunction mattress elevator bed wedge pillow can be placed underneath your mattress or on the top.
- It helps to prevent acid reflux and sleep apnea.
- It is also constructed from premium quality memory foam with a durable and washable cotton cover.
- It has a two-layer ergonomic design to ensure ultimate comfort and support.
- One of the best mattress elevators is sleep apnea, acid reflux, and back and neck pain issues.
- It is designed with CertiPUR-Certified foam that is much durable and versatile for all family members.
- This one is a Queen size, though you’ll get more size variations to choose from.
- The foam is absolutely light in weight and is easy to handle. Besides, it will adjust with most mattress types.
- The Brentwood Therapeutic Mattress Elevator Bed Wedge is super comfortable.
- It eases respiratory problems and reduces neck and shoulder pain.
- This bed wedge improves blood circulation in the legs.
- A washable cover accompanies it.
Comparison Table: Top Rated Mattresses for Sleep Apnea
|1||Avana Queen - Under Mattress Elevator for Sleep Apnea||Avana||96.3|
|2||Avana Antimicrobial - Mattress Topper for Sleep Apnea||Avana||98|
|3||Wellness Wedge Adjustable - Sleep Apnea Under Mattress Elevator||Wellness Wedge||95|
|4||Luxelift Adjustable - Mattress Elevator Wedge for Sleep Apnea||Luxelift||97|
|5||RELAX SUPPORT - Mattress Elevator Wedge||RELAX SUPPORT||97|
|6||Avana Contoured - Sleep Apnea Mattress Elevator Wedge||Avana||97|
|7||Recci Mattress Elevator - Wedge Pillow for Sleep Apnea||Recci||97|
|8||LUCID Base Alternative - Under Mattress Elevator for Sleep Apnea||LUCID||97|
|9||Brentwood Therapeutic - Mattress Elevator Bed Wedge||Brentwood||96|
Table of Contents
- Causes of Sleep Apnea
- How the Best Mattress Elevator for Sleep Apnea May Provide a Solution
- Characteristics of the Best Mattress Elevator for Sleep Apnea
- Reviews: Best Mattress Elevator for Sleep Apnea
- Avana® Queen Under Mattress Elevator for Sleep Apnea
- Avana® Antimicrobial Mattress Topper for Sleep Apnea
- Wellness Wedge® Adjustable Sleep Apnea Under Mattress Elevator
- Luxelift® Adjustable Mattress Elevator Wedge for Sleep Apnea
- RELAX SUPPORT® Mattress Elevator Wedge
- Avana® Contoured Sleep Apnea Mattress Elevator Wedge
- Recci® Mattress Elevator Wedge Pillow for Sleep Apnea
- LUCID® Base Alternative Under Mattress Elevator for Sleep Apnea
- Brentwood® Therapeutic Mattress Elevator Bed Wedge
- Comparison Table: Top Rated Mattresses for Sleep Apnea