Replacing Your Mattress that is worn out, can be quite expensive, henceforth a new mattress may likewise be hard and uncomfortable at first. So why not invest in a plush and soft feather mattress topper which will cost you a fraction of the price of a new mattress and provide you with a plush and soft sleeping surface.
Feather Fill Types and Their Differences
You will come across the feather, Down, Feather, and Down as well as a hypoallergenic down alternative option when it comes to Feather Mattress Toppers.
Each option has its own pros and cons, and work together to give you the best nights sleep on a soft and comfortable mattress topper.
Understanding Feathers and Down ou need to understand the parts of feather used from different areas of the animal to get a certain structure in your Feather Mattress Topppppppper. Down feathers are basically the Quill-less cluster feather on the tummy area and the chest of the animal contains the soft quick feathers.
Each of these feather types gives a different consistency and feel to the mattress topper. Then there is also the type o animal, Geese or Ducks used for their feathers.
- Feathers Duck or Goose – Goose or Duck feather are obtained from the wings or the back of the Goose or Duck and each feather has a quill. This type of Topper has a slightly firmer and slimmer profile and will slightly flatten over time.
Down Duck or Goose – Down from a Duck or Goose consists of clusters of quill-less feathers taken from the chest or belly area of the animal. Down is very soft and plush, almost like cotton wool. The structure of a Down filled mattress topper will feel much looses and compress much more than a feather-filled topper.
Down and Feather Blend – To get the best of both worlds I would recommend a Down and Feather blend option for Topper fill. Here you will have a plush and more substantial firmness and feel, that will still compress and retain its shape.
Fill Origin – All in all whether Down or Feathers you want to look for ethically sourced and good grade feathers and Down from healthy and well-treated animals. Feather and Down are usually taken from older and more matura birds that tend to be larger. Feathers from eastern Europe and Hungary are your best options as these animals are humanely treated and plucked when they are mature and healthy. Birds in China that are used for their feather tend to be subject to poor treatment and health conditions. Another aspect to look at is the cleaning process of the feathers before they are used. Look for a Certification such as Bleusign or responsible feather or Down Certifications when you purchase any feather or Down product.
Down Alternative – If you suffer from feather allergies then a feather or down Mattress topper will not work for you, however, if you still want similar plush comfort, you can always opt for the Down Feather alternative mattress topper. This topper is filled with a synthetic or natural material that does not contain actual feather but still feels almost exactly the same.
Choosing the Best Feather Mattress Topper
A mattress Topper will add a significant layer of softness, cushioning and support to your body additionally to your mattress. The Mattress topper improves the quality of your bed and also provides protection of your mattress.
There are however a few aspects to keep in mind when choosing the best mattress topper for your bed, particularly when it comes to feather and Down toppers.
- Price – Feather and Down mattress toppers are generally more expensive than foam or egg crate mattress toppers, and a good quality and higher Grade Feather or Down fill will cost more. When it comes to Feather and Down Mattress Toppers it is always better to go for good quality brands from good sources.
Support and Firmness – The Firmness and loft will depend on the amount of fill, more fill will be firmer. Feathers rather than down also give a firmer loft, while down is much more loose and plush.
Cover – Cotton is a good choice in breathable and natural covers for your mattress topper. Though I would recommend a double cover or a cover type that prevents quills from sticking out.
Features of a Good Feather Mattress Topper
- Double Cotton Cover.
- Filled with premium ethically sourced and well cleaned Down or Feathers from a Goose or Duck.
- Neat and durable stitching.
- Comfortable and pliable loft.
Reviews: The Best Feather Mattress Toppers
We have chosen some excellent selections in Mattress Toppers that have a feather fill provide softer comfort;
From Pacific Coast, we have their Luxe Loft Mattress topper made from Resillia Feathers that have been properly cleaned to be allergen free.
- Filled with ure and clean Resillia feathers.
- Comes with a 100% 250 thread count durable and breathable cotton cover.
- Guaranteed to be allergen-free.
- The Baffle Box design keeps all the feathers in place and creates extra room for a better loft.
A plush feather mattress topper and protector made from Microfiber and filled with a premium soft down fill made from synthetic materials.
- Down alternative that creates an extra soft layer for plush comfort.
- Made with premium and highly durable Microfiber materials.
- Completely hypoallergenic and comfortable.
- Protects your mattress and add a layer of softness.
Another superb design in Feather Down alternative from Great Bay Home fro added softness without the allergies.
- Covered with a premium Microfiber shell and filled with a Down alternative Polyfill.
- Extremely plush and soft feels just like real feathers and down.
- Very breathable and quality construction.
- Hypoallergenic and made to fit your mattress.
A Premium Feather and Down filled blended mattress topper from PureDown with a Hypoallergenic Cotton Cover.
- The Shell consists of 100% pure cotton that is natural and hypoallergenic.
- Stuffed to the brim with 755 Goose Down and a bottom layer of White Goose Feathers.
- Offers a medium firm feel with a double layered fabric design and double edged stitching and edging to prevent any feather discomfort,
- Fully machine washable and quick drying will also re-fluff easily.
The Rose Feather Luxury Feather Mattress Topper is filled with the finest quality feathers.
- A 100% cotton fabric cover that has a down-proof design to prevent feathers from sneaking out.
- Box stitched and double needle stitching which prevents the filling from shifting.
- Non-Live plucking is used to obtain the feathers which is much more ethical and environmentally and animal friendly.
- The feathers are cleaned and safe and allergen free.
- Easily machine washable and can be tumble dried on a low heat.
Index Table Table: Top Rated Feather Mattress Topper
|1||Pacific Coast Luxe Loft - Feather Mattress Topper||Pacific Coast||97.4|
|2||Pure Brands Quality Plush - Luxury Feather Mattress Topper||Pure Brands||95|
|3||Great Bay Home Feather Alternative - Feather Mattress Topper||Great Bay Home||96|
|4||PureDown Premium - Down and Feather Mattress Topper||PureDown||98|
|5||Rose Feather Luxury - Feather Mattress Topper||Rose Feather||96|
Table of Contents
- Feather Fill Types and Their Differences
- Choosing the Best Feather Mattress Topper
- Features of a Good Feather Mattress Topper
- Reviews: The Best Feather Mattress Toppers
- Index Table Table: Top Rated Feather Mattress Topper