Hybrid mattresses are one of the best kind of mattress that money can buy!
Read more to find out what a hybrid mattress is, how it works, all you need to know when purchasing a hybrid mattress and what their best features are.
Don’t miss out on our reviews of the best hybrid mattresses below if you are on the lookout for a superior mattress at an affordable price!
How Does A Hybrid Mattress Work?
A hybrid mattress sounds like something out of a science fiction movie, but all that the term refers to is a mattress made using a combination of springs and foam. Both foam and inner springs work synergistically together to promote a perfect night’s sleep, eliminating back problems, pressure and tension. Hybrid mattresses are virtually silent spring mattresses that keep your back in a perfect posture with foam support. A perfect sleeping posture with a straight spine enables you to sleep without pain, in the long run, allowing the body to regenerate optimally.
Coils create a very stable mattress, providing firm back support. Foam varies in density; making is ideal for adding additional layers of comfort as well as back support. Foam also confers protection against loose springs that can be quite uncomfortable after prolonged use.
Hybrid Mattress Buying Considerations
Before purchasing a hybrid mattress, it’s best to consider the following points about them first:
- Ventilation – if the hybrid mattress is topped with thick foam layers, it can get hot unless it’s properly ventilated or infused with a cooling agent, such as cooling gel. Some hybrid mattresses use specialized foam layers to achieve some of the best cooling results.
- Foam Thickness – The thicker the mattress is, usually the more comfortable. The thickness of the foam in a hybrid mattress can change the type of back support one receives. For back sleepers, a thinner layer of foam is appropriate. For side sleepers and stomach sleepers, thicker and softer layers of foam are best. For those who shift around between all sleeping positions, a thick yet dense blend of foams is usually optimal.
- Small Children – many mattresses will warn you that children can suffocate on the plastic bags and parts they come wrapped in. In addition to this, newborns, infants, and toddlers can suffocate while laying upon a memory foam or soft foam mattress! Be very careful not to let infants or toddlers near foam mattresses to avoid a potentially lethal accident.
Features of a Good Hybrid Mattress
The best hybrid mattress features include:
- Precision Motion Transfer Control – if you can’t sleep properly because your partner shifts around a lot in the night, then this is an essential feature for you! Top hybrid mattresses have the best motion transfer control, meaning that little to no movement gets transferred across the bed when your partner moves in the night.
- Talalay Process – the Talalay process is a water-based foam making process that results in a more eco-friendly mattress that emits less into the atmosphere. These mattresses are better for your health as well.
- Individually Wrapped Coils – most good quality mattresses that use innerspring’s have individually wrapped coils. This makes the coils ultra-silent whenever you move.
- Infused Memory Foam – Memory foam, as well as other foams, can be blended with additional materials, such as cooling gel, graphite to remove odors or green tea for antimicrobial properties.
- Pressure Relief Contours – If the mattress comes with shaped lines or quilts across it, it will give you even better back support, alleviating pressure points on the back.
Reviews: The Best Hybrid Mattress
Here are some of the best hybrid mattresses available for easy online purchase – take your pick!
- Classic brands outdid themselves with this supremely luxurious 14 inch boxtop hybrid mattress.
- The mattress consists of 6 unique thin foam layers that rest on top of 8 inches of individually wrapped coil springs for unmatched comfort!
- All the foam layers have ventilation, making for perfectly cool sleep time, naps or bed rest.
- The soft comfort foam alternating between layers of cooling gel-infused memory foam creates the perfect sleeping environment for side sleepers or those who love to sink in!
- The mattress has complete motion transfer control; making it possible to sleep next to the most restless sleeper without feeling a thing.
- One of the best parts of this mattress is that it is roughly a quarter of the price of other mattresses in the same league.
- It comes inclusive of a 10-year warranty.
- This premium quality hybrid mattress is made of 5.5 inches of multiple foam layers as well as a 7.5 inch pocketed innerspring base.
- Olee’s hybrid mattresses are unique in that they are made with their signature Dura foam and Dura I-Gel foam, both of which emit fewer greenhouse gases and are softer than ordinary foams.
- Dura I-gel foam keeps the mattress entirely fresh and comfortable all night long, allowing you to rest without breaking into hot night sweats.
- The box top covering is heavily quilted for ideal pressure point alleviation and back support.
- The springs are all individually wrapped for silent sleeping and sweat dreaming!
- Upgrade your bedspread at a cost-effective price and give your body the break it truly deserves.
- If you are a back sleeper that just can’t seem to get it right with the mattress you’re currently using, you should try this simple yet supportive hybrid mattress!
- The mattress is only 8 inches thick, relying on a series of reinforced steel coils that sit underneath 1.5 inches of the softest comfort foam available.
- The top layer consists of a very skinny layer of quilted memory foam, ideal for conforming to the shape of your back and holding you in a perfect posture.
- Experience a night of amazing back pain-free sleep after purchasing this mattress.
- Comes included with a 10-year warranty.
- Here is a great 13 inch hybrid mattress for those who are looking for firmer back support.
- The top two layers consist of open cell cooling gel memory foam and comfort foam, holding an impression of your favorite sleeping position for the best possible comfort.
- The springs are all individually wrapped and surrounded by a layer of high-density foam for firm back and side support.
- The quilted top cover will help you to alleviate any remaining tension if the memory foam hasn’t already eased all your pressure points!
- Certipur-us certified for safety and high performance.
- If you are allergic to ordinary latex, you might enjoy sleeping on top of this organic latex hybrid mattress by Sunrising Bedding.
- The soft foam latex layer was made using 100% organic ingredients and refined using the eco-friendlier Talalay method for superior results.
- Sunrising Bedding likes to make the point that their mattresses are sag-free and that they support you without allowing you to sink into a hole.
- The individually wrapped coil system has been packed in special zones across the mattress, evening out the support and effectively removing back pain, pressure, tension, and migraines.
- Take full advantage of the 120 nights free trial and decide if this is the perfect hybrid mattress for you!
- Comes included with a 20 Year Warranty.
- A hybrid latex mattress with a ten-inch thickness.
- Features all-natural latex foam top layers that will keep you from overheating.
- In the center are pocketed coils that add much more support and comfort.
- Offers a medium to firm support option for all sleeping positions.
- This is a Hybrid mattress made from natural latex with a coil support layer that pre4vents the mattress from sagging.
- The latex comes from the rubber tree and is all-natural and chemical-free,
- The Coils are made from very durable steel and constructed to last.
- There is a very attractive two-tone cover that is soft, hypoallergenic and highly breathable.
- The Linenspa is a more budget friendly and affordable Hybrid style mattress for everyone.
- Manufactured with high-quality premium natural Latex and pocketed coils in the center.
- Latex helps to control temperature and will keep its loft.
- This mattress comes backed by a ten-year guarantee.
Comparison Table: Top Hybrid Mattresses
|1||Classic Brands Deluxe Hybrid Mattress - Supreme Hybrid Memory Foam Mattress||Classic Brands||98.6|
|2||Olee Sleep Cooling Gel Infused Hybrid Mattress - Quilted Pressure Relief Hyrbid Mattress||Olee Sleep||97|
|3||Linen Spa Skinny Comfort Foam Hybrid Mattress - Best Hybrid Mattress for Back Sleepers||Linen Spa||95|
|4||Comfort and Relax Hassle Free Hybrid Mattress - Foam Enclosed Box-Spring Hybrid Mattress||Comfort and Relax||95|
|5||Sunrising Bedding Organic Hybrid Mattress - Organic Latex Pocketed Coil Hybrid Mattress||Sunrising Bedding||96|
|6||ClassicBrands Hybrid - Hybrid Latex Mattress||ClassicBrands||97|
|7||Lucid Natural - Latex Hybrid Mattress||Lucid||98|
|8||Linenspa Latex Hybrid - Hybrid Mattress||Linenspa||97|
Table of Contents
- How Does A Hybrid Mattress Work?
- Hybrid Mattress Buying Considerations
- Features of a Good Hybrid Mattress
- Reviews: The Best Hybrid Mattress
- Classic Brands® Deluxe Hybrid Mattress Supreme Hybrid Memory Foam Mattress
- Olee Sleep® Cooling Gel Infused Hybrid Mattress Quilted Pressure Relief Hyrbid Mattress
- Linen Spa® Skinny Comfort Foam Hybrid Mattress Best Hybrid Mattress for Back Sleepers
- Comfort and Relax® Hassle Free Hybrid Mattress Foam Enclosed Box-Spring Hybrid Mattress
- Sunrising Bedding® Organic Hybrid Mattress Organic Latex Pocketed Coil Hybrid Mattress
- ClassicBrands® Hybrid Hybrid Latex Mattress
- Lucid® Natural Latex Hybrid Mattress
- Linenspa® Latex Hybrid Hybrid Mattress
- Comparison Table: Top Hybrid Mattresses