Arthritis is an inflammatory condition that many perhaps know little about.
One thing is very clear to those suffering from arthritis: it hurts!
This can make life very unmanageable, especially if the pain affects the quality of sleep.
Choosing the best mattress for arthritis sufferer can play a crucial role in helping them to sleep with more ease at night.
What is Arthritis?
In a nutshell, arthritis is a chronic condition in which one experiences stiffness in one or more joints and increased inflammation throughout the entire body.
As a result of this, all pain (even non-related pains) are felt with heightened receptivity due to the excessive inflammation in the body.
There are over 100 different kinds of arthritis because we have so many bones and joints in the body. Sometimes arthritis is just a symptom or a part of another condition, such as fibromyalgia.
The causes of arthritis vary depending on what type of arthritis you have. Here are three primary forms of arthritis:
- Osteoarthritis is the most common type, caused by a lack or degeneration of cartilage. Causes include obesity, genetics or injury.
- Inflammatory Arthritis is caused when the immune system is overly aggressive, creating too much inflammation in the body. This is a typical auto-immune response.
- Infectious Arthritis is a result of an infection in a joint or the bone, which can trigger inflammation and stiffness.
Joint Pain Relief & Remedies for Arthritis Patients
For most arthritis sufferers, the pain follows them wherever they go, and they struggle to find even an ounce of pain relief.
The most important pain relief protocols for arthritic patients all put emphasis on reducing inflammation, resting frequently and gentle exercise.
Some of the best anti-inflammatory foods you can include into your diet if you have arthritis include:
- Green Tea
- Coconut Oil
- Curcumin (Turmeric)
- Olive Oil
- Fish/Krill Oil
- Sesame Seeds/ Tahini
Gentle exercise, especially done in the swimming pool, can significantly ease the pain in the joints if done consistently every day.
Lastly, one needs to make sure one gets a good nights sleep! This is where this site can help tremendously.
If you do not sleep with a good posture, regardless of whether you have arthritis or not, you can experience aches and pains first thing in the morning!
Choose a quality sleeping mattress, make sure your spine is aligned properly and get adequate hours of sleep to help keep the pain under control.
Features of a Good Mattress for Arthritis
There are a few mattress characteristics that will help those of you who suffer from stiff joints at night:
- Gel Infused Memory Foam – an innovative technology in which memory foam is taken and merged with a cooling gel agent, making sure you do not overheat during the night. Memory foam allows you to fall in and creates a perfect impression of your body for optimal comfort. This is the best toss up between comfort and density.
- Thickness – by a rule of thumb, the thicker the mattress is, the more heavenly.
- Quilted Design – if the mattress has grooves or is quilted, then any excess heat can easily navigate itself away from you, which should help you to sleep with more ease.
- Spring Combos – individually wrapped springs, in combination with a layer of foam on top, tends to make for some of the most comfortable mattresses. If the springs are on their own, you may have problems with them poking into your sides or making a noise each time you roll over in the night.
Reviews: Best Mattresses for Arthritis
We hope you love the products we recommend!
Just so you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- Who said painless sleeping had to be expensive? This mattress allows you to sleep deeply and comfortably at a cost effective price!
- This mattress is made from four layers of sophisticated foam which were designed to be able to bend on an adjustable base. Perfect the position you need to sleep in for pain relief.
- The top layer is made from 2 inches of fresh air flow memory foam, on top of 5 inches of high-density foam, which sits on top of 3 inches of more memory foam (this makes it adjustable).
- A free gel foam pillow is included, which would usually be valued at an extra $50.
- This product comes inclusive with a 20-year warranty.
- Ideal for those suffering from arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and other painful chronic lifestyle disorders.
- This 13 inch mattress consists of a 3.5 inch top layer of body contouring memory foam, perfect for keeping your spine straight.
- Sink into this luxurious mattress and eliminate pain during the night as a result of less tossing and turning.
- Comes with a removable and machine washable bamboo cover to keep things extra cool.
- The memory foam blend is made with a component of cooling gel, ensuring you do not overheat during the night.
- The bottom layer is a firmer density foam for the right kind of support.
- Free from formaldehyde, phthalates, heavy metals and flame retardants.
- Naturally hypoallergenic, moisture absorbent and antibacterial.
- This mattress was made in the USA and has a 25-year warranty!
- This memory foam mattress is 8 inches that consist of two layers of memory foam and a four inch layer of high density foam for optimal spinal support.
- The second layer of two inches memory foam was ergonomically designed with contours that act upon pressure points in the body.
- This mattress is designed to alleviate all pressure off the back, neck, and hips, making it ideal for side and back sleepers.
- If you suffer from aches and pains at night time, with conditions like arthritis, this mattress can help to reduce pressure points for you.
- The product is CertiPUR-US Certified, with a ten-year warranty.
- This mattress is so comfortable, you will not be able to resist falling asleep after sinking into it!
- The top layers consist of a 3.5 inch layer of memory foam, which rests on top of a 3.5 inch layer of precision pressure relief foam.
- The base that this mattress rests on is 3.5 inches of cooling airflow foam, on top of 3.5 inches of high-density support.
- This mattress is all about making a thick body contour that takes the pressure off of your entire spinal column.
- Ideal for patients with arthritis or chronic fatigue, who can never seem to get comfortable!
- The foam used in this product is free from harmful chemicals and additives, being the most advanced memory foam available: bio foam.
- This mattress utilises incredibly sophisticated technology to bring one a peaceful night’s sleep and is designed for those who suffer from painful conditions like arthrtitis, scoliosis and fibromyalgia.
- The top layer consists of 5 inches open cell memory foam blocks that ripple and adjust as you lay on them while simultaneously creating a body contour!
- Under the top layer sits a pedal based system that is ultra sensitive to your every movement and aids in relieving pressure off of any sleeping position you assume.
- The open-cell structure of the foam ensures ultimate ventilation and a cool nights sleep.
- The mattress is covered with a removable hypoallergenic bed cover for ease of cleaning convenience. The cover also absorbs excess moisture to allow for a pleasant sweat free sleep.
- Suitable also for those suffering from cancer, severe injuries, osteoporosis, and arthrosis.
- An elegantly designed orthopedic support mattress that is ideal for individuals who suffer from Arthritis.
- The 12-inch memory foam cradles your body in the perfect position and adapts to your curves reducing pressure points and pain.
- There is a premium stretch knit textile cover that is wrapped around the mattress which is soft and comfortable as well as very breathable.
- Enjoy a weightless sleeping experience with the viscoelastic memory foam construction which also isolates motion.
- A healthy and comfortable option for health conditions such a sallergies, Arthritis and other painfulkl and nerve conditions.
- A top layer of comfortable and responsive foam with a denser foam base layer that makes up12 inches in total.
- This mattress ideally helps to create the best posture and aligns your spine in a more natural position while you sleep.
- In the mattress and cover are infused Greentea and charcoal which aids to keep bacteria and odors out and also fights allergies.
- One of the best-reviewed mattresses at an affordable price with comfort and support features ideal for conditions such as back pain and arthritis.
- This mattress will effectively reduce pressure on your back, neck shoulder and help to perfectly aligning your spine.
- CertiPUR-Certified and thoroughly tested Gel Infused memory foam is used.
- The Gel in the Memory foam helps to disperse heat away from your body in order to keep you cooler.
Comparison Table: Top Rated Mattress for Arthritis
Table of Contents
- What is Arthritis?
- Joint Pain Relief & Remedies for Arthritis Patients
- Features of a Good Mattress for Arthritis
- Reviews: Best Mattresses for Arthritis
- Dynasty Mattress® Gel Foam Mattress Adjustable Body Contour Mattress for Arthritis
- Brentwood Home® Bamboo Foam Mattress ‘Arthritis Away’ Bamboo Memory Foam Mattress
- Best Price Mattress® Pressure Relief Mattress Triple Layer Memory Foam Mattress for Arthritis
- Night Therapy® Ultra Thick Foam Mattress Anti Arthritis Memory Foam Mattress
- Thomashilfen® Medical Pain Relief Mattress Special Suspension Mattress for Arthritis Relief
- Perfect Cloud® Elegance Memory Foam Arthritis Mattress
- Zinus® Memory Foam Mattress Ultra Plush Firm Foam Mattress
- Modway® Aveline Memory Foam Arthritis Mattress
- Comparison Table: Top Rated Mattress for Arthritis