Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Sharing a bed with your partner isn’t all snuggles and smiles.
It can make for a lot of tossing and turning neck or back pain and maybe some compromises – you like a soft bed, but your partner wants it to be as hard as a rock!
While we can’t guarantee that a new mattress will keep compromises at bay, we can help you find the best mattress for couples to buy this year.
What Type of Mattress is Best For Couples?
Let’s look at the different types of mattresses available and how couples can choose the best pick.
- Memory foam mattresses: Memory foam mattresses respond well to heat and pressure, conforming to a sleeper’s body. They provide excellent lumbar support, pressure relief, and motion isolation. Plus, many come with multiple firmness options. The downsides are – they offer little bounce back, trap heat, and offer medium-edge support.
- Latex mattresses: Latex mattresses are quiet, provide solid motion isolation, and durable. They are resilient and offer good bounciness that’s suitable for sex. Speaking of the cons, they are pricey and can be heavy.
- Innerspring mattresses: With strong steel coils or springs, they offer many firmness options. Best edge support and ventilation are other perks they offer to couples. Poor motion isolation, sagging over time, and noise production are considered significant drawbacks of this type.
- Hybrid mattresses: They are bouncy, quiet, and provide excellent pressure point relief. Also, they offer better motion isolation and dual firmness options. Hybrid mattresses are expensive and may sag over time due to coils’ presence.
How to Make Sure You Both Get What You Want?
To ensure you and your partner get a mattress that checks all the boxes (for both of you), it’s essential to discuss sleeping positions, firmness preferences, cool sleeping, and more.
Even great edge support is critical for some couples – if you sit on the edge for some romantic time or put on your socks in the morning, you need extra support.
Next comes the sleeping positions. If you prefer to sleep on your side, but your partner is a stomach sleeper, there’s a chance that you’re looking for a firmer mattress, and your partner needs something softer not to put pressure on their stomach muscles.
To ensure you both get what you want, read reviews and go for a mattress that provides a minimum of a 3-months sleep trial.
What Should You Look For In A Mattress For Couples?
- Good motion isolation: How well your mattress isolates motion plays a crucial role in buying the couple’s mattress. When it comes to lowering motion transfer, memory foam is usually the best.
- Edge support: Another factor to consider is how much of the mattress you and your partner can utilize. Can you sit or lie near the edge of your mattress, or does it give a ‘fall off’ feel? Strong edge support ensures that you and your partner have enough space to sleep.
- Fits multiple sleeping positions: Chances are, you and your partner don’t always sleep in the same location. In that case, you want to buy a mattress that is a good fit for all sleeping positions.
- Temperature regulation: Many-body heat generates when two people share a bed. So it would help if you bought a mattress that doesn’t trap the heat but allows for the most ventilation. Example: innerspring mattresses.
- Sex: You don’t just sleep in the bed! When sleeping with a partner, you’ll want to ensure the mattress is resilient and reacts quickly to movement. Latex, hybrid, and innerspring coil mattresses offer better bounce and, therefore, better for sex.
Reviews: Best Mattress For Couples
We hope you love the mattresses we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- Tuft & Needle went entirely out of their way to bring out the superior quality memory foam mattress that caters to all sleepers’ needs.
- Made from their top-notch T& N Adaptive foam blend, this mattress lets you and your partner sink in while still enjoying a bounce on your bed.
- Infused with graphite and cooling gel, the mattress help keeps you and your partner cool at night. It removes all pressure from your lumbar area and provides a good night’s sleep.
- The graphite also removes odors in the mattress and confers antimicrobial effects. And yes, it is 100% hypoallergenic, too.
- Next up is Amerisleep’s best-selling mattress, AS2 – a model known for its ability to avoid motion transfer. Because of this, it’s an excellent mattress for couples.
- The AS2 comes with a 3″ memory foam on top and a 2″ transition layer in between. And this extra thickness adds to its price as well.
- If you want to know the exact memory foam layers, here you go: 3″ Bio-Pur™ memory foam cooling layer, 2” Affinity layer, and 7″ Bio-Core™ sag-free support layer.
- The medium firm mattress is a versatile model suitable for all sleepers. Great for balancing weight and pressure points.
- It is also a good option for warm sleepers thanks to its Celliant® cover and the middle layer of extra-breathable memory foam.
- Perhaps one of the top-selling mattresses for couples in 2019, the Layla mattress, comes with two firmness options in one mattress.
- The mattress is flippable so couples can choose a soft, comfortable ride and a firm, supportive side.
- Another exciting feature is the copper-infused memory foam. The copper is antimicrobial and also prevents overheating.
- It handles motion transfer very well. The soft memory foam in it absorbs motion so that you should see almost no motion transfer.
- This one offers excellent pressure relief as well. Because of this, it should be a great buy if you and your partner are both side sleepers.
- The Four Layer wave reduction system in this water bed ensures that you do not feel your partner’s movements during the night.
- This is a comfortable Memory Foam Hi-Loft, thermal Bonded fiber bed with Thermavinyl heat resistant backing and air-cushioned layers reinforced on durability corners.
- There is a 4-point memory foam stretching tether system and Regal Foam wakeless top comfort layers,
- This is high quality and heavy-duty water mattress for couples.
- The Nectar Gel Memory Foam Mattress suits most couples thanks to the excellent comfort, notable bounce, and affordable price tag.
- The two-three layers of gel memory foam come in handy to resist heat buildup and provide cool sleep. Not to mention its ability to contour precisely to the sleepers’ weight and pressure.
- It relieves pressure quite well. The couple’s mattress has a medium-firm feel and offers above-average motion isolation. Locks in much lower than many other memory foam mattresses, the Nectar provides excellent performance and value.
- Also, the mattress comes with a 180-day sleep trial, so couples can rest easy knowing they have enough time to ensure that this mattress is the right one for their bedroom.
- Bonus: two free Nectar Premium Pillows.
- The Vibe Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress is a Queen Size and the perfect space for couples to sleep on.
- There are 2 inches of gel-infused memory foam at the top and 7 inches of high-density base foam.
- A Medium plush and comfortable feel with an adjustable base and naturally antimicrobial top layer.
- The memory foam is CentiPUR standard for quality and purity.
- A King-sized, comfortable and supportive mattress for couples.
- Gel Memory foam with three layers of HD Gel memory foam and 7 Inches of supportive HD base foam.
- The Gel foam disperses temperature to keep you cool and comfortable.
- CertiPur-certified memory foam and OEKO-TEX standard materials are free from all chemicals and toxins.
- A CertiPUR-Certified Memory foam mattress infused with cooling gel for optimal heat dispersion and cooling comfort.
- A healthy hypoallergenic and toxin and chemical-free safe mattress.
- Ideal king size for couples requiring some extra space.
- Very breathable and comfortable design and soft and comfortable top layers.
- The Lucid Hybrid mattress is available in different sizes and thickness options you can choose from.
- The mattress has memory foam infused with bamboo and charcoal to reduce odors in the top layer.
- The mattress’s base layers consist of individually wrapped high-quality steel coils for better support.
- There is also a layer infused with Aloe vera and Foam to calm and relax the sleep experience.
- The Rivet King Sized mattress is ideal for couples who like their space and enjoy a comfortable and plush bed.
- A LURAcor top layer provides instant support and relieves pressure points.
- The middle layer consists of plush and conforming memory foam.
- This mattress comes with a Client supercharged mineral blend cover that increases oxygen delivery and improves circulation.
- Made in the USA with Certi-PUR certified memory foam.
Index Table: Top Rated Mattress For Couples
|1||Tuft and Needle Memory Foam - King Mattress||Tuft and Needle||98.4|
|2||AMERISLEEP AS2 - Memory Foam Mattress||AMERISLEEP||98|
|3||Layla Sleep Copper Infused - Memory Foam Queen Mattress||Layla Sleep||97|
|4||California King Comfort Suprmeme - Waveless Couple’s Water Mattress||California King||97|
|5||Nectar Gel Memory Foam - Mattress||Nectar||97|
|6||Vibe Queen - Large Mattress for Couples||Vibe||97|
|7||Ssecretland King - Memory Foam Mattress for Couples||Ssecretland||98|
|8||Molbly king - Large Mattress for Couples||Molbly||97|
|9||LUCID Hybrid - Mattress for Couples||LUCID||98|
|10||Rivet King - Comfortable Couples Mattress||Rivet||97|
Table of Contents
- What Type of Mattress is Best For Couples?
- How to Make Sure You Both Get What You Want?
- What Should You Look For In A Mattress For Couples?
- Reviews: Best Mattress For Couples
- Tuft and Needle® Memory Foam King Mattress
- AMERISLEEP® AS2 Memory Foam Mattress
- Layla Sleep® Copper Infused Memory Foam Queen Mattress
- California King® Comfort Suprmeme Waveless Couple’s Water Mattress
- Nectar® Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- Vibe® Queen Large Mattress for Couples
- Ssecretland® King Memory Foam Mattress for Couples
- Molbly® king Large Mattress for Couples
- LUCID® Hybrid Mattress for Couples
- Rivet® King Comfortable Couples Mattress
- Index Table: Top Rated Mattress For Couples