When you purchase a new mattress, it’s important to protect that investment with a quality mattress encasement. The best mattress encasement will preserve your warranty and increase the comfort of your sleep.
By using a quality mattress encasement, you can keep your bedding shielded from dust and stains, making sure that it stays clean even when the cover is old. If you’re someone who likes to maintain their home spic-and-span, buy one now. We have outlined some best-selling products for you here with additional information about why they’re a must-buy.
What are the Benefits of Mattress Encasements?
Below are some of the benefits of the best mattress encasement. Let’s check them out.
- Reduce Stains – With a mattress encasement on, you protect your mattress from spills and potential mold growth.
- Protect Against Bed Bugs – Covering your mattress with a protector is the best way to prevent bed bugs from infesting it and make for an easier clean if they do.
- Preventing Allergies – People who have dust mites and other allergens in their mattress will benefit from mattress encasement. It is simpler to clean the cover than to remove all of these contaminants from the mattress itself.
Buying Considerations for Mattress Encasements
Mattress encasements are available in a variety of sizes. You must consider the following when buying the mattress encasement:
- Mattress Size – Before buying a mattress protector, measure your bed and get the right size for total protection. You don’t want to buy one that doesn’t cover all of it because you won’t be getting full use out of it.
- Comfort – To increase the softness of your mattress or provide additional cushion, choose a protector with thick fabrics like quilted cotton. For cold climates, consider cooling protectors to prevent yourself from overheating at night.
- Features – Sleepers who are sensitive to dust mites, chemicals, or specific fabrics should consider hypoallergenic mattress pads. These protectors feature Tencel and bamboo, making them ideal for protecting against allergens while also being eco-friendly.
How often should you Wash Mattress Encasement?
A mattress protector should be washed every two months; however, it depends on its usage. Do consider the following points.
- For Guest Bedroom – It’s good to clean the mattress protector in a guest bedroom every quarter. This will keep it looking nice and smelling fresh.
- Allergies – Allergy sufferers should clean their mattress protector twice a month, as it can accumulate allergens over time.
- Illness – If you’ve just recovered from an illness, it is best to clean your mattress protector right away so that excess bacteria does not accumulate in the bedding.
- Spills – If you accidentally spilled some ice cream or coffee in bed, don’t wait for the stain to set. Immediately throw your mattress and sheets into the washing machine on a gentle cycle.
Reviews: Best Mattress Encasement
Given below are some unbiased reviews on mattress encasement so that consumers can invest in the best products.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- The SafeRest is the brand that surrounds and protects your mattress on all six sides. Besides, it protects you from allergens like dust mites, bacteria, or bedbugs.
- Also, it comes with a ten-year warranty and machine washable fabric that will last you for years to come.
- With its exclusive micro-zipper technology, the SafeRest mattress is the best mattress encasement for bed bugs.
- Plus, it has a 360 Secure zipper closing feature that seals off the end with Velcro to prevent accidental openings.
- Moreover, SafeRest mattress encasements are free of vinyl and PVC, phthalates, or fire-retardant treatments. They’re made with cotton terry surface material that is hypoallergenic and safe for those who suffer from allergies or asthma.
- With SureGuard, you’ll be protected from liquids and stains as these mattresses provide 360-degree premium protection. This high-quality product is the best waterproof mattress encasement on the market today.
- Also, the SureGuard Mattress Encasement is ideal for people with pets or children prone to bedbug infestations or dust mite allergies.
- Its 100% cotton terry surface is soft and absorbs liquid and moisture while adjusting your sleep surface temperature. In addition, it is ideal for those who suffer from night sweats or sleeping hot.
- Additionally, these mattress encasements can be machine washed and dried after each accident to maintain freshness.
- All SureGuard products undergo rigorous testing in a lab that the GREENGUARD environmental association recognizes.
- The waterproof encasement on the Protect-A-Bed has a polyurethane film backing that repels liquids like urine and sweat. Not only do you get protection from bedwetting, but also any other spills or stains.
- Moreover, the protect-a-bed allerzip smooth mattress encasement does not make it difficult to sleep on. It allows body vapor and heat to breathe through the fabric, making for a comfortable night’s rest.
- In addition, it has a three-sided zipper lock that has been certified to be impenetrable for dust mites, allergens, and bed bugs.
- This best waterproof mattress encasement is easy to wash and use. It can be washed in a machine with warm or hot water, then tumble dried on medium heat.
- This mattress protector is the best zippered mattress encasement that’s easy to wash and use. Just machine-wash it in warm or hot water, tumble dry on medium heat.
- In addition, this protector is specially designed to be rustle-proof and noise-free, making it great for those who are sensitive to noises while they sleep.
- This encasement is 100% waterproof and completely encases the mattress to keep any liquids or pesky bed bugs, making it the best mattress encasement for bed bugs.
- Furthermore, the five-sided waterproof protection preserves the top and all four sides of your mattress. Like a fitted sheet, it tucks securely under the bed.
- You can rest easy when you buy a Protect-A-Bed encasement with ten years of protection against manufacturer’s defects.
- This unique mattress encasement provides impermeable protection with TPU backing that protects the six sides of your bed.
- Also, it is ideal for protecting against perspiration, bodily fluids, and incontinence.
- The knitted polyester fabric of Utopia mattress encasement is stretchable and fits the bed easily. It also gives a comfortable feel while you sleep on it.
- Using a bleach-free detergent, you can hand wash or machine wash this mattress encasement under cool to warm water.
- In addition, make sure your waterproof backing is facing out and unzipped when you’re washing it and drying the product after cleaning.
- This waterproof mattress protector is designed to protect your bed from spills and accidents.
- In addition, the zippered encasement helps you sleep better by protecting it from dust mites, mildew, moisture damage, allergens, bacteria, and mold.
- The fully zippered mattress encasement features a security cover that creates an air-tight seal over the zipper.
- Moreover, the extra-soft polyester knit fabric that is waterproof and won’t retain heat while sleeping contains no vinyl, PVC, or phthalates. The encasements also don’t have fire retardant coatings of any kind.
Index Table: Top-Rated Mattress Encasement
|1||SafeRest Queen - Box Spring Encasement||SafeRest||98|
|2||SureGuard Premium Cotton - Six-Sided Mattress Encasement||SureGuard||96|
|3||Protect-A-Bed White - AllerZip Mattress Encasement||Protect-A-Bed||97|
|4||Linenspa Breathable - Soft Encasement for Mattresses||Linenspa||95|
|5||Utopia Bedding Zippered - Waterproof Mattress Encasement||Utopia Bedding||94|
|6||Hospitology Products Polyester - Sleep Defense Mattress Encasement||Hospitology Products||93|
Table of Contents
- What are the Benefits of Mattress Encasements?
- Buying Considerations for Mattress Encasements
- How often should you Wash Mattress Encasement?
- Reviews: Best Mattress Encasement
- SafeRest® Queen Box Spring Encasement
- SureGuard® Premium Cotton Six-Sided Mattress Encasement
- Protect-A-Bed® White AllerZip Mattress Encasement
- Linenspa® Breathable Soft Encasement for Mattresses
- Utopia Bedding® Zippered Waterproof Mattress Encasement
- Hospitology Products® Polyester Sleep Defense Mattress Encasement
- Index Table: Top-Rated Mattress Encasement