Back problems, neck aches, and shoulder pain are all common symptoms of muscular-skeletal misalignments and disorders.
These discomforts, especially shoulder pains, can keep us awake at night and prevent us from being on top of our game.
Buying a good mattress for shoulder pain can help remedy your pain and allow you to sleep deeper.
Top 5 Causes of Shoulder Pain
- Poor Posture – having bad posture can lead to shoulder pain in two ways. One is that if the spinal column is out, the muscles will be stretched in odd ways to compensate for the misalignment and will result in pain. Shoulder pain is also linked to poor posture because this posture cuts off circulation from the shoulders, which may cause pain as well. Side sleepers experience the most shoulder pain because of this latter reason.
- Tendon Inflammation – when the shoulder muscles become inflamed, they swell, get hot and cause pain. This can occur if you bash your shoulder by mistake on something or if you have an infection in the shoulder.
- Instability – believe it or not, being clumsy or unstable can lead to shoulder pain as you are more likely to fall over and hurt yourself. Being weak post operation, due to illness or being a fragile senior citizen are all reasons for encountering shoulder pain due to clumsiness.
- Arthritis – your shoulders can hurt lots if you have arthritis or any form of bone or bone tissue degeneration disease (like leukemia) in that area.
- Bone Fractures – naturally, sports injuries or high impact activities can cause shoulder pain in the form of bone fractures, if one is not careful.
Shoulder Pain Remedies, Treatments And Preventions
If you suffer from shoulder pain because of bad posture, arthritis, chronic instability or inflammation; choosing a mattress for shoulder pain would be the best natural treatment to give you shoulder pain relief continuously. As a side sleeper or somebody with bad posture, the right shoulder pain mattress can also prevent shoulder pain from occurring in the future by helping to correct your posture.
If your shoulder is sore due to arthritis, inflammation, bruising or swelling, try applying an ointment to give you immediate shoulder pain relief. Arnica gel works quickly to prevent swelling and decrease inflammation. Treatments for shoulder pain that’s related to sports injuries tend to use an ice pack in combination with this gel. Post-surgical recovery time for bone fractures or major injuries can also benefit from the right mattress for the shoulder, easing all pressure from it while it’s tender.
Qualities of the Best Mattress for Shoulder Pain Relief
Orthopedic mattresses for shoulder pain are typically made for side sleepers, who suffer on majority more from shoulder discomfort than other sleeping positions.
A good mattress for alleviating shoulder pain should ideally have firm support and conform to your shoulders shape to accommodate for it when on your side.
Depending on the nature of your particular shoulder discomfort, you may want a softer mattress to fulfill your needs.
The best material for shoulder pain mattresses is memory foam.
Providing you with the back support exactly as described above; memory foam allows you to fall into your bed as you lie on it, giving it an exact impression of your body shape and providing you with back support as a result.
Gel Memory Foam is also a fantastic option, providing extra heat resistance for a cooler nights sleep if overheating is a problem.
You need also to consider getting one of the best pillows for shoulder pain, as this will help you heal much faster.
Reviews: The Top Mattresses for Shoulder Pain
Below is our top list of mattresses for shoulder pain relief and back support.
- This mattress is of a superior quality, consisting of 3 layers of sophisticated foams guaranteed to cradle you while you sleep.
- The first layer consists of 2.5 inches of premium air flow Visco foam for the best ventilation results.
- The second layer of this mattress is 1 inch of cooling gel infused memory foam, for a cool night’s sleep.
- The final layer at the bottom of this mattress is 8.5 inches of an extra firm high-density foam for the ultimate back support possible.
- This mattress explicitly targets sore shoulders, hips, and backs and is ideal for side sleepers.
- 100% hypoallergenic and available in queen, king, full, twin and California King sizes.
- Made in the USA, this product is 100% hypoallergenic, anti-microbial and dust mite proof.
- Made of two layers, the first layer of the mattress is 2-inches of Visco-Elastic Air Infused Memory Foam, while the second layer is 8 inches of a higher density firm foam base.
- The combination of the full body contour that the memory foam provides, with the unmatched support of the extra firm base ensure maximum comfort and back support.
- Ideal for side sleepers who suffer from shoulder discomfort, hip pain or back pain.
- Never experience a problem sleeping from pain again with this luxurious memory foam back support mattress.
- This mattress consists of a 3 inch layer of perforated memory foam, a 1 inch layer of bamboo charcoal memory foam and an 8 inch extra firm foam base.
- The first layer of ventilated memory foam is embedded with gel microbeads to keep you cool all night long, maintaining an even dispersion of heat.
- The two types of memory foam on top of the firm base act to encase your exact shape in the night and provide you with the most comfortable back support possible.
- This mattress is adaptable and is suitable for all sleeping positions.
- Ideal for alleviating hip pain and shoulder pain felt by side sleepers.
- This mattress comes with a 25year warranty and is highly durable.
- This dual layered mattress targets shoulder pain and back support with a great balance of soft and dense foams.
- The top layer is two inches of memory foam which form an exact impression of your body as you rest upon it and provides ultimate full body support and comfort.
- The bottom layer is made from a thick 6-inch extra firm density foam to keep your posture perfect throughout the night.
- The open cell technology allows for even more ventilation and air flow than conventional foam mattresses provide, giving you a cooler night’s sleep with even heat distribution.
- This mattress has been CertiPUR-US certified, meaning that it has been tested and proven to have no trace of toxic metals, formaldehyde or phthalates.
- This dual layer mattress never ceases to please sleepers with a 7 inch Firm High-Density foam, topped by a snuggle-pedic Tempurpedic 3 inch deluxe memory foam layer.
- Highly recommended for side sleepers with shoulder, hip or back pain, or individuals who change sleeping positions during the night.
- The memory foam allows you to sink in and is high enough to accommodate for most shoulder lengths.
- The firm foam base gives you the maximum back support, taking all pressure off of your spine and leaving you feeling rejuvenated after a good night’s sleep.
- This brand offers a 20year warranty, a 90-day no hassle full refund return and allows up to 4 months for exchanges.
- Enjoy this durable mattress for years to come, resting without back or shoulder pains.
Index Table: Best Mattresses for Shoulder Pain
|1||Resort Sleep Gel Contour - Adaptive Shoulder Support Memory Foam Mattress||Resort Sleep||98|
|2||Resort Sleep Hotel Memory Foam - Therapeutic Shoulder Contour Support Foam Mattress||Resort Sleep||97|
|3||Lucid 3layer Foam - Cooling Triple Decker Shoulder Hugging Foam Mattress||Lucid||96|
|4||Lucid Dual Layer Foam - Full Body Contour Side Sleeper Mattress For Shoulder Pain||Lucid||95|
|5||Snuggle-Pedic Dual Memory Foam - Ventilated Side Pressure Relief Memory Foam Mattress||Snuggle-Pedic||98|
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Causes of Shoulder Pain
- Shoulder Pain Remedies, Treatments And Preventions
- Qualities of the Best Mattress for Shoulder Pain Relief
- Reviews: The Top Mattresses for Shoulder Pain
- Resort Sleep® Gel Contour Adaptive Shoulder Support Memory Foam Mattress
- Resort Sleep® Hotel Memory Foam Therapeutic Shoulder Contour Support Foam Mattress
- Lucid® 3layer Foam Cooling Triple Decker Shoulder Hugging Foam Mattress
- Lucid® Dual Layer Foam Full Body Contour Side Sleeper Mattress For Shoulder Pain
- Snuggle-Pedic® Dual Memory Foam Ventilated Side Pressure Relief Memory Foam Mattress
- Index Table: Best Mattresses for Shoulder Pain