Your bed frame can make or break the vibe of your bedroom. Beyond aesthetics, the platform bed frame enhances support, extends mattress life, dictates sleeping positions, and more. Some bed frames allow additional storage below your sleeping area or on the headboard.
Buying a bed frame isn’t about matching frame size with mattress size. Plus, there are more options out there. Here’s a guide to the best platform bed frames.
Different Platform Bed Bases
Slats: The advantage of slats is that they’re adjustable, so you can choose the support level and height you want. Slats have a center rail that runs the bed’s length, adding support. They also offer better ventilation, which allows a good night’s sleep and fights off mildew and allergens. For memory foam mattresses, you should choose slats that are no more than 6″ apart from each other.
Solid: A solid wooden base gives a mattress an even firmer feel. It provides good support for almost all types of mattresses. Solid frames or bases are ideal for those suffering from back pain. However, it may make a mattress seem too firm and affect the bounciness.
Metal: Metal bed frames are lighter, even though they have sturdy construction. It’s easy to keep the frames clean, and metal is a safe and wise choice if you have any pets that like to claw or chew. But remember to choose them carefully because many models are of cheap quality, which means a shorter life span.
Wood: This is the stylish, classic choice. Wooden bed bases are heavier, so if you have to move a lot, expect a bit of struggle. However, wooden bed frames are sturdy and long-lasting. There are several options in the wood bed base – oak to pine to mahogany; you’re likely to find one you can keep for years to come.
The Benefits of Platform Beds
While it might not seem like it, platform bed bases/frames offer many benefits.
They come in various sizes: From a twin platform bed base with storage to a California king platform bed base, you’ll find platform bed bases in various sizes. So, no matter what size you need, you can be sure you’ll find your choice.
They’re Quiet: Resting on them can be much quieter thanks to the flat and firm structure that offers a stable surface for the mattress.
Wide Range of Designs: Platform bed frame comes in a variety of designs. You can choose among a wide range of styles — from sleek and minimalistic to bold and boho. Then there are foldable platform bed frames and non-foldable variations.
Additional Features: With storage cabins underneath the bed, footboard, or headboard, you can easily store your extra goods. It’s a boon for those who have square foot limitations.
How to Choose the Platform Bed Base For Your Family
Looking for plenty of things before buying a bed platform would be best. Below are some of the most important points.
- Size: If you already bought a mattress, or have a headboard you want to use, then you already know the platform bed frame size. If not, consider the room’s size before choosing King, Queen, or Full bed frame. Also, ensure enough space to get in and out easily.
- Material: The durability of a platform bed can be determined by what materials have gone into its making. Wood is more stylish, but if you want a sturdy one, go with a metal platform bed.
- Durability: What are the materials used? Does the finish seem like it might not last long? Is it easy to scratch? All of these questions will help you narrow down the best bed platform.
- Storage space: Depending on your needs, you might need a little bit of under-bed drawers to store pillows, blankets, and accessories or a lot.
Explore the Best Mattress For An Adjustable Bed Base here.
Reviews: Best Foldable and Non-Foldable Platform Bed Frames
We hope you love the bed frames we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- The KD Frames Nomad comes in various sizes, from twin to king, with “plus” versions included in each size.
- This minimalist option features heavy wood-on-wood construction and is durable and safe. Thanks to the unfinished, chemical-free Tulip Poplar used.
- Though it remains mostly hidden by your mattress, it still raises the mattress 15 inches with 11½ inches of clearance.
- The Nomad Plus Platform Bed has a slat spacing of 2.8 inches to support foam and spring mattresses.
- Speaking of the assembly, it does involve working with a lot of pieces, but the process is straightforward to disassemble.
- In short, you should consider this moderately-priced bed platform if you are looking for a natural and hypoallergenic alternative for your family.
- They say the price is linked to the product’s quality, but this is not always the case – at least with Zinus Platform Bed Frame.
- The bed frame is widely available at a lower price in a Twin, Twin XL, Full, King, Queen, or California King size. Don’t worry; it offers the same durability and aesthetic appeal as many of its higher-end competitor bed platform frames.
- Suitable for average-weight people, it boasts steel slats and a steel frame. It delivers a stable and durable sleep surface. You may need SmartBase headboard brackets to connect to a headboard.
- The slats are spaced a little farther apart, and the bolt-based assembly and disassembly require some time.
- Have a Queen size mattress and need an affordable frame that is easy to buy and offers hassle-free assembly? Then AmazonBasics Foldable Platform Bed Frame should be the choice.
- If you neglect the aesthetics, this bed frame scores well for being sturdy, solid, and safe. A raised, rectangular-shaped design with horizontal panels and cross rows of wires doesn’t require a box spring.
- It is made of durable steel with a sleek black finish; this bed frame is designed for sleepers up to 250 pounds. Furthermore, you won’t have trouble sagging, sinking, or squeaking.
- Without sharp edges and a lot of under-the-bed storage space, it offers a vertical clearance of about 13 inches.
- If you want a pocket-friendly solid bed frame that gets the job done, go for it.
- The Classic Brands Adjustable Upholstered Bed Base makes for a stunning model in any bedroom. Featuring a low-profile build, this will make it easy to work on a laptop or watch your favorite Netflix series.
- Additionally, it helps in sleeping in all positions instead of just flat. Choose head and foot elevation options with the wired remote that comes with the package.
- Ideal for use with foam, latex, and air mattresses is one of the best adjustable bed platforms to buy in 2019.
- Assembling it is a snap. Rest assured, Classic Brands ships the bed base directly to your door with a three-year worry-free warranty and excellent customer service.
- Minimalism isn’t going out of style anytime soon! Case in point – The Zinus Upholstered Square Stitched Platform Bed Frame.
- The dark gray upholstery adds a soft-to-the-touch visual appeal to the already handsome bed frame and suits the bedroom of ay style.
- The Kingsize frame stands 14 inches off the ground, providing ample storage space. In other sizes (twin, full, and queen), the bed frame is only 8 inches off the ground.
- Sturdiness and easy assembly are two major plusses of this King size bed frame. It also boasts foam padded tape in the steel frame for noise-free use.
- The DHP is the quintessential platform bed that gives you both form and function with its button-tufted, well-padded faux leather upholstered headboard and footboard.
- With a headboard height of 39″ and the addition of wood slats and sturdy metal side rails, the DHP bed platforms will give a style statement in any contemporary bedroom.
- It is designed to cater to storage space needs. With the built-in support system, you can rest assured that your mattress will remain fresher for longer and give you ample sleep support.
- Easy to assemble and moderately priced, cleaning it is super easy – wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- The Zinus is a contemporary-style platform bed frame with a strong wood slat support.
- The back of the frame is padded and upholstered in black faux leather.
- The steel frame has [added foam tape for less noise.
- Available in a King, queen, and full-size option.
- A unique, sturdy, designed frame that offers ample under-bed space.
- Included are all the tools you need for an easy installation.
- It is made from smart wood in a light brown color.
- Available in a King size.
- This platform bed frame is constructed with a strong steel structure for durability and support.
- The simple and modern integrated structure makes it easy to assemble in just a few minutes.
- It offers a solid slatted frame with seamless welding to ensure it stays noise-free and non-slip.
- The bed frame can hold up to 3500 lbs of weight.
Index Table: Top Rated Bed Platform
|1||KD Frames Nomad Plus - Platform Bed||KD Frames||98|
|2||Zinus SmartBase Mattress Foundation - Platform Bed Base King||Zinus||98|
|3||AmazonBasics Foldable - Platform Bed||AmazonBasics||97|
|4||Classic Brands Adjustable - Upholstered Bed Base||Classic Brands||97|
|5||Zinus Upholstered Square Stitched - Platform Bed||Zinus||98|
|6||DHP Upholstered Faux Leather - Platform Bed||DHP||97|
|7||Zinus Jade Fuax Leather - Platform Bed Frame||Zinus||97|
|8||Olee Sleep VC14SF03K-1 - Wood Platform Bed Frame||Olee Sleep||98|
|9||Homdock Metal - Platform Bed Frame||Homdock||96.6|
Table of Contents
- Different Platform Bed Bases
- The Benefits of Platform Beds
- How to Choose the Platform Bed Base For Your Family
- Reviews: Best Foldable and Non-Foldable Platform Bed Frames
- KD Frames® Nomad Plus Platform Bed
- Zinus® SmartBase Mattress Foundation Platform Bed Base King
- AmazonBasics® Foldable Platform Bed
- Classic Brands® Adjustable Upholstered Bed Base
- Zinus® Upholstered Square Stitched Platform Bed
- DHP® Upholstered Faux Leather Platform Bed
- Zinus® Jade Fuax Leather Platform Bed Frame
- Olee Sleep® VC14SF03K-1 Wood Platform Bed Frame
- Homdock® Metal Platform Bed Frame
- Index Table: Top Rated Bed Platform