Are you on the lookout for the best twin mattress for your child? There are many options to choose from, but as children are usually quite sensitive, it’s always a good thing to do your homework first!
Read further to find out more on what the best twin mattresses for kids need to have and why it’s important, before selecting the best mattress from our selection below.
The Importance of the Right Mattress for Your Kids
It’s important for everyone to sleep with a straight posture, however, children especially should, as it will develop a sound basis for posture during the remainder of their lives.
Having the best mattress for your child is required for optimal spine posturing and development.
It’s important for kids to practice having a healthy posture from a young age to prevent spinal injuries, muscular skeletal conditions or back pain from occurring when they are older.
When we sleep with the best posture, we also have better circulation, we breathe deeper, and we feel more refreshed when we wake up the next day – the same applies to children.
Kids may also be more allergic or sensitive to synthetic bases, in which case you will need to pay close attention to what the mattress is made from.
Keep your kids happy and healthy with the best mattress that supports their backs and their futures.
Kid Mattress Shopping Buying Considerations
Children are more sensitive than adults to their environments, having smaller bodies to experience the world in with. That’s why it’s important to take note of a couple of important mattress buying considerations for children before rushing off to buy!
- Your Kid’s Age, Weight, and Size – naturally you will want to get a bed that’s the right size for your little champions. If your kid is overweight, make sure the mattress is thick enough to support their weight and large enough that they have space to move without falling off the edge. Traditionally thicker mattresses are more comfortable for everyone, regardless of shape or size.
- Allergies or Sensitivities – if your child is autistic or very sensitive with many allergies, you will want to get an organic natural mattress with as little synthetics as possible in. Make sure the mattress you get is free of any chemical additives to prevent problems for your children.
The Best Features of Twin Mattresses for Kids
Here are some critical mattress features to be aware of before purchasing your next mattress for your children:
- Memory Foam – this is a foam that has been made body-heat sensitive, forming a perfect dent of your body shape when you lay on it. Ideal for sleeping on to create a stable posture and for optimal comfort. Memory foam also has the ability to be infused with ingredients such as charcoal for additional freshness.
- Multiple Layers – when a mattress has multiple layers, it’s usually a sign that it’s more effective. Each layer will contribute either additional comfort or support depending on your child’s needs.
- Individually Wrapped Springs – make sure that you buy a spring mattress that has individually wrapped springs/coils, otherwise you will have a noisy mattress that breaks a lot quicker and may cause posture damage later on.
- Ventilation – if the mattress you want is made from foam, check that the mattress has a feature specially made for ventilation, even if it’s just perforated holes. Foam mattresses are notorious for getting overly hot when hot air can’t escape them. If they have a perforation, this does not occur.
- Pressure Point Relief – a mattress that directs pressure off the spine and back is a winner, because the less pressure on the back, the easier it is to keep a good posture. A mattress with pressure point relief is also heavenly to sleep upon.
Reviews: The Best Twin Mattresses for Kids
Here below we have compiled a list of the best twin mattresses for kids currently available.
- This mattress is made up of 5 layers of very good quality materials to help keep the spine straight when one is sleeping.
- The top layers are made of comfort foam, breathable premium comfort foam, and high density back supportive foam.
- These three foam layers rest on top of a 7.5 inch thick individually wrapped coil spring system for maximum comfort.
- This mattress has been proven to be one of the most durable mattresses available on the market.
- Covered in a quilted cover to add the extra benefit of back pressure relief.
- This mattress is also an excellent price for mattresses of this superior quality.
- Tuft & Needle are a favoured brand of mattress makers on our website specialising in a best range of cooling memory foam mattresses.
- The Tuft & Needle mattress is made of two layers of foam which have been infused with cooling gel and graphite, giving you the coolest night’s sleep.
- The memory foam conforms to your body shape and holds you in a good posture all night long.
- Has enough of a bounce to be comfortable and enough firmness to give stable back support.
- Great for all age groups.
- Founded by two individuals who just wanted a good night’s sleep and managed to make one happen.
- This mattress is a completely eco-friendly mattress, made from a spring system surrounded by organic cotton and wool fibers.
- If you have a child with sensitivities or allergies, this mattress is perfect for them!
- A thick layer of soft organic matter surrounds the spring coil system underneath, ensuring the springs are silent and that a great sleeping posture is maintained throughout the night.
- The banded design of the mattress provides extra pressure relief on the back.
- This mattress is Green Guard certified and free of any chemicals, additives or polyurethane constituents.
- The wool-cotton blend used in the mattress makes it highly durable, flame resistant and naturally breathable, allowing heat to disperse.
- Comes with a 10 Year Warranty.
- Here is a great cost effective mattress for your child if you need one and have a limited budget!
- This mattress is made of three layers of different types of foams for the best possible posture support.
- This top layer is highly impressionable memory foam which cradles your body shape, feeling incredibly comfortable.
- Between the top layer and the bottom high density foam layer, there is a layer of cooling foam that is well ventilated, so you never have to worry about overheating in the night.
- Green tea and charcoal are blended into the foam of the mattress for anti-microbial properties and to keep it fresher for longer.
- Bamboo fibers were used to make the foam which also acts to alleviate pressure on the back and neck.
- This mattress is made up of a superior three layers of foam for comfort, back support and pressure relief.
- The memory foam holds the body in a perfect sleeping position, no matter if your child is a side or back sleeper.
- The Avena blend makes this mattress cooler than most memory foam mattresses.
- This mattress is body adaptive no matter the weight or size of your kids.
- Your child can look forward to a soft and refreshing night’s sleep on this thick designer mattress.
- If you are displeased, you can get all your money back within 100 nights of delivery.
Comparison Table: Top Rated Twin Mattresses for Kids
|1||Best Price Mattress Foam Coil Mattress - Cost Effective Multi-Layered Mattress for Kids||Best Price Mattress||98|
|2||Tuft & Needle Twin Foam Mattress - High Density Memory Foam Mattress for Kids||Tuft & Needle||97|
|3||My Green Mattress Organic Wool Mattress - Spring Mattress with Organic Cotton & Wool Blend||My Green Mattress||95|
|4||Best Price Memory Foam Mattress - Layered Foam Mattress for Kids||Best Price||95|
|5||Leesa Cool Kid’s Mattress - Ultra Comfortable Kid’s Memory Foam Mattress||Leesa||97|
Table of Contents
- The Importance of the Right Mattress for Your Kids
- Kid Mattress Shopping Buying Considerations
- The Best Features of Twin Mattresses for Kids
- Reviews: The Best Twin Mattresses for Kids
- Best Price Mattress® Foam Coil Mattress Cost Effective Multi-Layered Mattress for Kids
- Tuft & Needle® Twin Foam Mattress High Density Memory Foam Mattress for Kids
- My Green Mattress® Organic Wool Mattress Spring Mattress with Organic Cotton & Wool Blend
- Best Price® Memory Foam Mattress Layered Foam Mattress for Kids
- Leesa® Cool Kid’s Mattress Ultra Comfortable Kid’s Memory Foam Mattress
- Comparison Table: Top Rated Twin Mattresses for Kids