Some people find it difficult to sleep at night. It hinders their overall productivity and keeps them restless throughout the day.
Weighted blankets are somewhat of a new concept but equally popular. These induce a sense of calmness and provide a deep relaxing sleep, which proves beneficial for a person’s overall health. Here is all your need to know about some of the best-weighted blankets in the market.
What are the Benefits of Weighted Blankets?
From calming a person down to providing comfort, weighted blankets have various benefits. Written below are some of the major benefits.
- Break the Insomnia Spiral – Insomnia can cause cortisol levels to rise in the body, inducing anxiety. Weighted blankets compress the body, reduce nighttime cortisol levels, and ensure a calming sleep.
- Improve Focus – Using a weighted blanket during the day helps improve your Focus, leading to a more productive person.
- Natural Aid – You won’t have to stay dependent on medicines to sleep better. Weighted blankets are the most healthy alternative to sleeping or anti-anxiety pills. Not only are they naturally effective, but they are readily available as well.
- Quality Sleep – Weighted blankets improve the sleep’s overall quality. With improved sleep quality, people wake up more refreshed in the morning and better hold on to their daily tasks.
Types of Weighted Blankets
You will find different types of weighted blankets based on the fabric used. The fabric must provide superior comfort to the user so that they can sleep peacefully and break the insomnia cycle. Some of the fabrics found in a weighted blanket are as follows.
- Fleece – Fleece is a warm and cozy synthetic fabric, making it perfect for winter. It is lightweight but equally comfortable and inexpensive. Hence, Fleece is also used in making fluffy fuzzy blankets.
- Minky – Due to its plush and super soft feel, Minky is a popular fabric for weighted blankets. It is durable and stays longer with proper handling and care. Ideal for winter and cold seasons, Minky is super warm.
- Cotton – The most widely used material used for weighted blankets is cotton. With excellent temperature control, weighted blankets made with cotton fiber do not feel hot. Apart from that, cotton doesn’t stain easily and is also hypoallergenic.
- Satin-Cotton – This luxurious-looking fabric is a great choice for people prone to heating during their sleep. The fabric is breathable and warm, making it a perfect all-season blanket.
Different Fillers of a Weighted Blanket
The quality of a weighted blanket depends on the fabric used and depends on the fillers. These are inserted inside the pockets to make it weighted and result in an even distribution. The most common fillers used in a weighted blanket are written below.
- Micro Glass Beads – These are tiny beads similar to sand texture. Apart from that, these glide easily inside the blanket providing the required comfort.
- Steel Shots Beads – Steel shots beads are heavy compared to other fillers. These are safe inside a dryer and highly durable with a high-temperature rating. However, they give a faint sound and lump inside the blanket if it is not evenly constructed.
- Plastic Poly Pellets – These are small round beads made with polypropylene. Usually, they are placed along with cotton stuffing to lessen their sound while moving the blanket.
- Organic Material – An inexpensive alternative to the fillers mentioned above, you can use rice, sand, and grains. These are cheap and readily available. Other than that, these organic materials are much lighter than the other fillers. However, you need to remember that they aren’t durable and may rot at some point.
Reviews: Best Weighted Blankets
Below is a list of the best-weighted blankets to help you sleep better at night.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- YnM weighted blanket offers help in sleeping naturally. It offers a gentle sensation of being held to encourage a deep and healthy sleep for kids and adults.
- This blanket’s weighted inner layer can be used alone or with a duvet for easy cleaning.
- Its 7-layer system is designed to surround the body comfortably and adjust according to your shape while you sleep. The glass beads are greater in number, with less fiber and better temperature control.
- This innovative 7-layered blanket is designed to offer supreme comfort. With advanced sewing technology, it features high-quality material which is ultra-breathable.
- Its 100%-cotton outer layer is lined with polyester padding. Apart from that, two extra polyester layers containing millions of premium micro glass beads provide optimal temperature control.
- Each Quality Weighted Blanket comes ready to use with the removable Minky duvet cover. You can use the cover for more warmth during the winter season and remove it in the summer.
- The innovative and smart design of Luna’s Weighted Blanket combines seven layers into a streamlined design that distributes even weight to the body providing maximum comfort.
- It is covered in naturally soft cotton fabric for temperature control and breathability; therefore, you will wake up all fresh and relaxed.
- Luna’s Weighted Blanket can be washed in a gentle setting or even with hands. Its weight allows the blanket to dry on low heat or by hanging.
- This blanket is hypoallergenic and perfect for people suffering from allergies. In addition, it is free of harmful chemicals, and the beads are non-toxic.
- CoziRest features premium quality materials composed of 100% natural cotton. All seven layers are extra soft, making it perfect for summer and cold weather. Not only that, but the blanket is also durable, which gives complete customer satisfaction.
- It can be used all around the year with a removable all-season cover. The cover includes 100% cooling bamboo on one side while the other hand is cozy, Minky.
- The blanket guarantees a full night’s sleep with Deep Touch Pressure Therapy. It calms the nervous system making you feel more relaxed as you fall asleep.
- The MP2 weighted blanket is perfect for both cold and hot sleepers. It comes with a reversible duvet cover. One side is made from CoolMax Microfiber, and works well to lower the body temperature. Great for sweaty summer nights; you can use it throughout the year if you usually run hot. The other side is made of fleece, useful for cold evenings.
- This blanket uses nano-ceramic bead technology. These beads are distributed evenly, so you won’t have to worry about them shifting around.
- Other than that, the ten internal clasps also ensure that the weight is evenly distributed.
- If you find it difficult to sleep peacefully at night, this blanket will help you relax faster to achieve maximum comfort. Say no to tossing and turning with this heavy blanket.
- This heavy blanket is perfect for helping you sleep comfortably through the night. It is made from soft, breathable, 100% cotton material and features glass beads. These are placed in small 4inch pockets to distribute the weight evenly.
- It comes with a hypoallergenic feature, perfect for those suffering from allergies.
- Its Deep Touch Pressure Stimulation technology induces a sense of comfort and relaxation. This natural sleep therapy benefits people who find it difficult to sleep.
- There is a Minky cover to clean the weighted blanket, so you don’t have to wash the inner blanket. One side of this cover features a super soft raised dot pattern for that extra comfort.
- This weighted blanket is made with 100% natural Bamboo fabric.
- It includes ultra-soft cotton compartments and premium glass beads evenly divided into each compartment.
- This blanket is hypoallergenic, non-toxic, and odorless.
- It keeps you up all night long and allows you to relax.
- This weighted blanket comes encased in a 100% Cotton cover.
- It provides the body with a sense of calmness and relaxation that comes with being hugged.
- The blanket is breathable, comfortable, and filled with nano-ceramic beads to reduce noise generated by movement.
- It features a multi-layer design that can make the blanket warm and durable.
- This weighted blanket features a dual-sided design.
- One side is a warm, soft plush, made with 330 GSM Short Plush material that provides more warmth and soft comfort than regular cotton.
- While the other is made with cooling Tencel fabric, with a 300 thread count for a silky touch and cooling sensation.
- It is filled with glass beads, and sewed in place with a double thread, and high-density stitch to prevent leakage.
- This weighted blanket is engineered to be around 7-12% of the body weight.
- It promotes all-natural sleep in adults and kids by providing the calming sensation of being hugged.
- The blanket is made of high-quality, soft, and cozy 100% natural Cotton.
- It is breathable and ideal all year round.
Index Table: Top-Rated Weighted Blankets
|1||YnM Glass Beads - Dark Grey Weighted Blanket||YnM||97|
|2||Quility Premium Adult - Full Sized Weighted Blanket||Quility||97|
|3||LUNA White - Premium Weighted Blanket||LUNA||97|
|4||CoziRest Deluxe - Calming Weighted Blanket||CoziRest||97|
|5||MP2 Beaded - Grey Weighted Blanket||MP2||98|
|6||Soft Touch Hypoallergenic - Comfortable Weighted Blanket||Soft Touch||97|
|7||WONAP Cooling - Weighted Blanket||WONAP||96.6|
|8||COMHO Heavy - Weighted Blanket||COMHO||96.2|
|9||OMYSTYLE Double-Sided - Weighted Blanket||OMYSTYLE||95.7|
|10||Weighted Idea Heavy - Weighted Blanket||Weighted Idea||95.3|
Table of Contents
- What are the Benefits of Weighted Blankets?
- Types of Weighted Blankets
- Different Fillers of a Weighted Blanket
- Reviews: Best Weighted Blankets
- YnM® Glass Beads Dark Grey Weighted Blanket
- Quility® Premium Adult Full Sized Weighted Blanket
- LUNA® White Premium Weighted Blanket
- CoziRest® Deluxe Calming Weighted Blanket
- MP2® Beaded Grey Weighted Blanket
- Soft Touch® Hypoallergenic Comfortable Weighted Blanket
- WONAP® Cooling Weighted Blanket
- COMHO® Heavy Weighted Blanket
- OMYSTYLE® Double-Sided Weighted Blanket
- Weighted Idea® Heavy Weighted Blanket
- Index Table: Top-Rated Weighted Blankets