Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Back then, it was the era of double-sided (a.k.a. flippable) mattresses, but they fizzled out for quite some time. Luckily, still, they are some mattress brands that manufacture flippable mattresses.
Read on to learn about flippable beds, including why they matter, pros and cons, and our picks for the best flippable mattresses.
Which one is better? To Flip Or Not To Flip?
That’s a tricky question to answer. They are both good if produced and used correctly. As with any mattress, it eventually takes the body’s shape and undergoes wear and tear over time. A flippable mattress is a solution to ensure this does not happen on only one side of the mattress. Other advantages include:
- A longer life, because the two sides can be used interchangeably according to the changing priorities.
- Wear & Tear – Because of the flipping, the wear and tear are even, which means no side is too worn out (unless you are using the mattress for quite a longer period).
- Price – Flippable mattress generally falls on the lower to middle end of the price spectrum because they are made of spring inner cores.
Flippable mattresses – Pros and Cons
Pros of the two-sided/flipped mattress are the following:
- Longer lifespan: Flipping, when done right, can prevent bed sagging. This ultimately translates into a longer lifespan for the mattress.
- Versatility: All have different firmness preferences. Sleeping positions and comfort preferences may change over time. And, there comes a flippable mattress!
- Affordable price: The cost of a two-sided mattress is typically no more than that one-sided model made of the same materials.
Some notable cons of flippable mattresses include:
- Limited availability: Flippable mattress sale has decreased over the past few years. So, you may have difficulty finding a model that fits your needs and budget.
- Difficult to handle: Flippable mattresses usually weigh heavy, typically around 100 pounds or more. So, flipping/rotating them can lead to back or shoulder pain unless you have assistance.
- Doesn’t suit everyone: Due to their higher-than-average profiles, flippable mattresses may not be the best option for shorter, thin sleepers. However, some models measure 7 to 10 inches thick.
How To Choose Flippable Mattress?
These days there are fewer and fewer reliable double-sided mattresses. To narrow down your next best flippable mattress based on these factors:
Material: Most double-sided mattresses contain an innerspring, coiled construction surrounded by cotton or foam padding. This allows better distribution of weight and pressure points of your body.
Dual firmness levels: Beds with two different firmness levels are the most versatile options that suit the needs of the widest range of sleepers. Double-sided beds are also great for guests’ children, whose preferences may change over time.
Durability: Another big reason to get a flippable mattress is that it can last longer.
Motion transfer: Because many share their bed with a partner or pet, choose two-sided beds that have minimal motion transfer. They will allow you to move around and get out of bed without disturbing the other person (or pet).
Risk-free trials: This is important because you should know what you are paying for. So choose the models that offer risk-free trials and, of course, excellent value for your money.
Reviews: Best Flippable Mattress
We hope you love the mattresses we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- Perhaps one of the top-selling double-sided foam mattresses, the Layla mattress, comes with two firmness options in one mattress.
- The mattress is flippable so couples can choose a soft, comfortable ride and a firm, supportive side.
- Another interesting feature is the copper-infused memory foam. The copper is antimicrobial and also prevents overheating.
- It handles motion transfer very well. The soft memory foam in it absorbs motion so that you should see almost no motion transfer.
- This one offers excellent pressure relief as well. Because of this, it should be a great buy if you and your partner are both side sleepers.
- This mattress is composed of five layers of pocket spring.
- It features a 7.5-inch thick coil to maintain the firmness necessary to support the body and keep it aligned.
- The 1.5-inch layer of soft memory foam provides comfort, absorbs pressure, and disperses it to the springs.
- Whereas the 1-inch thick Duraflex provides elasticity, long-lasting support, and temperature regulation.
- This high-quality, innovative memory foam provides cooling sleep and the ideal balance of soft and firm.
- It is free of harmful chemicals and is certified by GREENGUARD Gold and CertiPUR-US.
- This is an 8-inch thick mattress that provides adaptive support to the body.
- It provides medium firmness and allows for a peaceful rest.
This twin mattress with size 38x75x6 is more comfortable than many other foam mattresses, allowing it to handle different sleep styles better.
It has good edge support and provides full-body alignment from your shoulders to your feet. And for peace of mind, it also meets all Federal Flammability Standards.
Sure, it is the most expensive flippable mattress on this list, but you won’t regret the buying decision considering the excellent body support, two different firmness, and the 20-year warranty.
If this is it, if you are looking for a double-sided mattress for RV and dorm rooms, the/super_list]
- The Amore Flippable Mattress is another top-rated two-sided mattress that offers unmatched relaxation and comfort.
- It has a soft, meum-firm side, ensuring most sleepers will be happy with Amore Beds. The soft side is great for side sleepers, but the firm side offers restful sleep for stomach and back sleepers.
- Its multi-layered design features proprietary FusionFlex foam, which helps with cooling. If you’re a hot sleeper, this mattress is a lifesaver. The remaining layers comprise hyper-contouring transition foam, a high-resistance load-deflection foam, and comfort layers.
- Amore Double-sided mattress comes with a 100-night risk-free trial. Sleep on it for 3+ months and return it for a full refund if necessary. After that, you’ll get a warranty coverage of 10 years.
- A double-sided memory foam mattress with microfiber for a cloudlike feel.
- It offers superb pressure relief and support.
- Green tea-infused memory foam to keep the mattress fresh at all times.
- CertiPUR-certified memory foam is used for the fill.
- Two sleeping sides with a quilting foam layer for a comfortable sleeping surface.
- Durable and supportive coil center with individually wrapped coils.
- Reduces motion transfer and pressure points.
- It comes compressed and rolled for easy shipping.
Index Table: Top Rated Flippable Mattress
|1||Layla Sleep Memory Foam - Flippable Queen Mattress||Layla Sleep||97|
|2||Olee Sleep Store Omega Hybrid - Memory Foam Mattress||Olee Sleep Store||95.8|
|3||Tuft & Needle Flippable - Adaptive Foam Mattress||Tuft & Needle||96.5|
|4||Orthofoam Sleep Inc Double Sided - High Density Foam Mattress||Orthofoam Sleep Inc||98|
|5||Amore Beds Flippable - Copper-Ion Infused 2-Sided Mattress||Amore Beds||96|
|6||Zinus Memory Foam - Flip Mattress||Zinus||97|
|7||Dreamfoam Two Sided - Flippable Matress||Dreamfoam||98|
Table of Contents
- Which one is better? To Flip Or Not To Flip?
- Flippable mattresses – Pros and Cons
- How To Choose Flippable Mattress?
- Reviews: Best Flippable Mattress
- Layla Sleep® Memory Foam Flippable Queen Mattress
- Olee Sleep Store® Omega Hybrid Memory Foam Mattress
- Tuft & Needle® Flippable Adaptive Foam Mattress
- Orthofoam Sleep Inc® Double Sided High Density Foam Mattress
- Amore Beds® Flippable Copper-Ion Infused 2-Sided Mattress
- Zinus® Memory Foam Flip Mattress
- Dreamfoam® Two Sided Flippable Matress
- Index Table: Top Rated Flippable Mattress