Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
The best thick mattress topper is one of the most important investments you can make for your family. If your current mattress is too firm, the health and well-being of your loved ones are at stake. We’re here with some great choices for you.
We’ll also share tips on finding the right mattress topper for you, their benefits, and some fantastic tips for an extended lifespan.
Table of Contents
- Benefits of a Thick Mattress Topper
- How to Choose the Best Thick Mattress Topper?
- Thick Mattress Topper Maintenance Tips
- Reviews: Best Thick Mattress Topper
- Subrtex® High Density Thick Mattress Topper Queen
- Sleep Innovations® Gel Memory Foam 4 Inch Thick Mattress Topper
- ExceptionalSheets® Extra Plush Best Thick Mattress Topper
- COONP® Down Alternative Thick Mattress Topper Twin
- Queen Rose® Microfiber Down Alternative Mattress Topper
- PERLECARE® Non-Slip Design Thick Mattress Topper Memory Foam
- Index Table: Top-Rated Thick Mattress Topper
Benefits of a Thick Mattress Topper
Thick mattress toppers are meant to rejuvenate your old mattress. However, there are more benefits to them. Check below.
- Cushioned Support – Thick mattress toppers provide additional cushioning, which helps provide better support to side and stomach sleepers.
- Durable – A thin mattress topper might sag easily, while thicker ones are designed to stay in shape for longer. Even if they sag, it will barely be noticeable for a very long time.
- Cost Effective – These toppers are not as costly as a brand-new mattress but help enhance the comfort level by manifolds.
- Multiple Options – Thick mattress pads come with different filling materials. So you have plenty of options to choose from.
How to Choose the Best Thick Mattress Topper?
Here are the most important aspects worth checking.
- Filling Types – Different fillings serve different purposes and deliver different comfort levels. For instance, memory foam is best for pressure relief, feathers are best for colder months, and synthetic ones are best for allergic people.
- Thickness – If your mattress needs a serious lift, you must go for a topper above 5 inches thick. Even a 3-inch topper may do the trick if you need a minor lift.
- Specific Features – You might also be looking for specific benefits from your topper. For example, go for a cooling topper if you sweat a lot. If you are sensitive to allergies, get a hypoallergenic variant.
- Securing Method – Toppers can be secured with straps or fitting pockets on the mattress. Choose the one you like.
Thick Mattress Topper Maintenance Tips
Check these cool tips that will help you increase the life of your thick mattress pad.
- Wash Interval – To ensure maximum hygiene, wash your toppers once every three months.
- Avoid Washing Machine – While most brands claim that their toppers can be washed in a regular machine to ensure maximum life, they prefer washing them by hand, as the machine can seriously wear them down sooner.
- Life Span – Though different mattress toppers have different life spans, replacing them every 3 to 5 years is preferable.
- Natural Drying – Instead of tumble dry, prefer letting your topper dry naturally. This is advisable if your topper has wool, latex, or memory foam filling.
Reviews: Best Thick Mattress Topper
Here’s a brief list of the best thick mattress toppers.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- This thick mattress topper by Subrtex comes with a breathable bamboo cover.
- The cover is removable, washable, and skin safe, while the elastic straps prevent it from sliding off your mattress.
- It is 3 inches thick and infused with cooling gel and a ventilated design.
- It allows for optimal airflow that helps regulate your body temperature, ensuring sweat-free sleep.
- Also, this topper is OEKO-TEX and CertiPUR-US certified, vouching for its durability and high performance.
- It is also free from harmful chemicals like formaldehyde and phthalates.
- You’ll also get a ten-year manufacturer warranty for this topper.
- This thick mattress topper is laced with a dual-layer design consisting of 2 inches of cooling gel and 2 inches of plush fiberfill.
- In terms of comfort, it ensures pressure relief, pain relief, and body temperature regulation.
- The 2-inch pillow top cover is removable and can be washed in your washing machine.
- Moreover, this thick mattress topper memory foam is hypoallergenic, CertiPUR-US certified and made in the USA.
- This topper also comes with a ten-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- This cotton mattress topper has an innovative cluster fiber filling that is breathable, high loft, and durable.
- The backing is made from 30% cotton and 70% polyester, which feels like sleeping on a cloud.
- Besides, it is filled with Revoloft, an innovative fiberfill that renders this topper a plush feel.
- The top PolySoft fabric is spot on regarding airflow and keeps your body cool.
- This topper goes great with all kinds of mattresses.
- This thick mattress topper has been filled with 3D snow-down alternative fiber.
- It reduces pressure points and relieves back, knee and shoulder pain.
- It is also great for side and stomach sleepers, as it brilliantly contours their body.
- The 400TC combed cotton top ensures that it is breathable and regulates your body temperature naturally.
- The deep-fitted pockets keep the topper in place all night long.
- Also, wash this topper in your machine and keep it hygienic.
- Add a layer of plush comfort with this down alternative-fill mattress topper from Queen Rose.
- It is manufactured from premium fibers that dissipate your body heat and keep you cool during sleep.
- It is optimal for use in all seasons.
- The three-inch topper has a baffle design that prevents the fillings from getting clustered in one place.
- Here’s another plush mattress topper that features memory foam and increases the plushness of your mattress by three inches.
- It is made from premium quality materials and is CertiPUR-US Certified.
- The ventilated memory foam is comfortable, breathable, and has high wear resistance.
- The bottom of this topper is crafted from a non-slip fabric that increases friction and prevents the topper from slipping. Additional straps have been provided to secure it to your mattress.
- The best part is that the cover is machine washable.
Index Table: Top-Rated Thick Mattress Topper
|1||Subrtex High Density - Thick Mattress Topper Queen||Subrtex||99|
|2||Sleep Innovations Gel Memory Foam - 4 Inch Thick Mattress Topper||Sleep Innovations||99|
|3||ExceptionalSheets Extra Plush - Best Thick Mattress Topper||ExceptionalSheets||98|
|4||COONP Down Alternative - Thick Mattress Topper Twin||COONP||98|
|5||Queen Rose Microfiber - Down Alternative Mattress Topper||Queen Rose||97|
|6||PERLECARE Non-Slip Design - Thick Mattress Topper Memory Foam||PERLECARE||99|