Now that the summer season has arrived, some people can get it hard to sleep comfortably. Summer blankets help provide a cooling effect that helps a person get a calm and well-rested sleep.
Hot nights can leave you tossing throughout; therefore, here is a list of the best blankets for summer.
Add these to your bed and make sure you never experience discomfort while sleeping in warm weather. Also, written below is a detailed guide to help you choose the best blankets for summer as per your requirement.
Type of Blankets to Choose From
Before you dive into the best blankets list, you need to know the different types available in the market. Here are the various types of blankets to choose from for hot scorching weather. Read along!
- Waffle Blankets – A type of knitting pattern that resembles a waffle is what makes a waffle blanket. Most of these are made up of 100% cotton and are thin, providing a breathable layer in hot temperatures. However, you can also use them during the winter season since they provide a certain insulation amount.
- Coverlets – Coverlets are thin bedspreads that do not cover the mattress’s whole surface. These often come in a cotton or linen backing and serve more as a decorative piece. However, these can be used during the summer season since they are cool.
- Summer Blankets – During the hot summer season, many people do not prefer to sleep with a blanket. That’s when summer blankets come into action. These are ideal for layering since they also provide a more decorative feel to a room. Made mostly from linen or cotton, you will also find summer blankets in materials like bamboo or rayon since they are breathable. Apart from that, summer blankets have a moisture-wicking property to keep a sleeper dry during the night.
- Weighted Blanket – Weighted blankets tend to add addition weight on top of a sleeper. This added weight helps a person sleep more easily, and this process is known as grounding. It is great for mental well-being and induces certain hormones that provide mental peace.
Different Materials of a Summer Blanket
Summer blankets are available in various materials; however, the most widely used material is cotton. Mentioned below are some of the materials to choose from.
- Cotton – Cotton is used in most the summer blankets since it is soft and breathable. The smooth and plush texture absorbs moisture and keeps it light throughout the night. To boost breathability even more, you may also find these blankets with small gaps.
- Down – Down material is taken from geese and ducks’ feathers. It is a very soft and light material but equally warm when insulating. These blankets are often costly.
- Polyester – Less breathable than cotton but not very expensive, a polyester blanket is a great alternative to other materials. However, you can easily use it during summers when the weather is quite pleasant.
What else should be considered while buying a Summer Blanket?
Apart from the type and material, there are certain other things that you need to consider while buying a summer blanket. Here are the other things you need to consider while buying a summer blanket this season.
- Ease of Cleaning – While most blankets can easily be cleaned in a washing machine, some come loaded with plenty of washing requirements. Therefore, if you want a convenient and simple cleaning option, make sure to check out the washing instruction before buying.
- Color and Pattern – A blanket can add more style and aesthetic to your bedroom’s overall look. If you want to add more colorful texture to your room, go for dark and bright colors. While on the other hand, if you want a soft and calm look inside your room, consider plain white blankets and comforters.
- Weave – How a blanket is woven ultimately influences its performance. If the weave is loose, it is hard for a blanket to retain heat. However, it will be great for the summer season as it will be more breathable. On the other hand, a tight weave will be less breathable and problematic when holding in moisture or sweat. Therefore, how you intend to use a blanket can be determined with a tight or loose weave.
Reviews: Best Blankets for Summer
The below list consists of summer blankets we found to be most useful to avoid the scorching heat of summer nights. We would also like to inform you that any sales carried out from the below-mentioned link may help us earn some profit.
- It comes with a 100% polyester microfiber.
- The blanket is lightweight and comfortable.
- You can wash this piece of bedding in the machine.
- Apart from that, you can use it throughout the year.
- This blanket by WONAP is made from natural bamboo fabric.
- It is hypoallergenic and helps you sleep better.
- The breathable fabric keeps you cool all night long.
- In addition to this, the material is durable.
- For an all-year comfort, this blanket will keep you cool and cozy.
- It ventilates and keeps the sleeper dry throughout.
- The blanket has multiple usages and can be used for traveling as well.
- While washing the blanket, do not expose it to the sun.
- Made from 100% cotton, this blanket makes sure to keep you cool.
- Whether you wash it in a machine or with hands, it is easy to clean.
- The material consists of different fabrics perfect for use in summer and spring, and autumn.
- You can also carry it around while camping.
- The KAWAHOME summer blanket has a breathable fabric.
- It adds more style to your room.
- This blanket comes with versatile uses. Therefore, you can use it both outdoors or indoors.
- The blanket is also a great choice for pets.
- The blanket comes with a fancy waffle weave.
- It has exquisite detailing, which makes it look comfier.
- Made from all-natural cotton, you can easily avoid wrinkles and pilling.
- Apart from that, you can also use this waffle blanket for camping.
- The Bedsure blankets are comfortable and light for summer.
- They consist of bamboo nd cotton that is breathable and light.
- The blankets have a versatile and durable design.
- They are available in many more color options.
- The Marchpower blanket has a specialized cooling design.
- The blanket comes in three available sizes for our perusal.
- The cool touch technology keeps you cool and comfortable at night.
- The blanket si very softa nd lightweight.
- The Dangtop is a cooling technology blanket for summer.
- It is designed with bamboo fibres and technology to keep you cool.
- The blanket is soft and durable.
- There are also a few more colors available.
- The PHF is a cotton waffle weave summer blanket.
- The blanket consists of 1005 natural cotton and is very lightweight.
- Cotton breathes well and will keep you cool.
- It is also available in a few more color options.
Index Table: Top-Rated Blankets for Summer
|1||NATURETY Thin - Comforter for Summer||NATURETY||97.2|
|2||WONAP Premium - Cooling Blanket||WONAP||97|
|3||DANGTOP Bamboo - Blanket for Summer||DANGTOP||96|
|4||Elegear Twin Size - Cooling Blanket||Elegear||95|
|5||KAWAHOME Breathable - Summer Blanket||KAWAHOME||98|
|6||Bedsure Soft - Cotton Blanket||Bedsure||96|
|7||Bedsure Waffle weave - Blanket for Summer||Bedsure||97.7|
|8||Marchpower Cooling - Summer Blanket||Marchpower||97.2|
|9||Dangtop Cooling - Bamboo Blanket for Summer||Dangtop||97.3|
|10||PHF Cotton - Waffle Weave Summer Blanket||PHF||97.3|
Table of Contents
- Type of Blankets to Choose From
- Different Materials of a Summer Blanket
- What else should be considered while buying a Summer Blanket?
- Reviews: Best Blankets for Summer
- NATURETY® Thin Comforter for Summer
- WONAP® Premium Cooling Blanket
- DANGTOP® Bamboo Blanket for Summer
- Elegear® Twin Size Cooling Blanket
- KAWAHOME® Breathable Summer Blanket
- Bedsure® Soft Cotton Blanket
- Bedsure® Waffle weave Blanket for Summer
- Marchpower® Cooling Summer Blanket
- Dangtop® Cooling Bamboo Blanket for Summer
- PHF® Cotton Waffle Weave Summer Blanket
- Index Table: Top-Rated Blankets for Summer