Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Electric heated blankets make cozy companions during wintry days. They make life a bit easier by keeping you warm while helping you save on electricity bills.
The following list of the top 5 best electric heated blankets is based on the editorial team’s review. We have something that suits everyone, from pocket-friendly to splurge-worthy, twin size to a queen-sized heated blanket.
How do electric heated blankets work?
Like a regular heating pad, electric throw blankets use insulated wirings or heating elements inserted into the fabric. Once plugged electric current passes through these wires and generates heat.
Normally, electric blankets would have a thermostat or temperature control. Located between the plug and the blanket, this unit adjusts the electricity that passes through the wires so that users get the right temperature.
Modern-day heated throw blankets use carbon fiber wires. They are lightweight, accounting for ease of carrying them around and use during wintry days. If you aren’t aware, this is the same technology used in luxury vehicles’ heated car seats.
Safety Rules While Using Electric Throw Blanket
An electric heated blanket can pose serious threats if not used correctly and safely. Before you plugin and snuggle up, read the instruction manual carefully. Also, combine these safety practices.
- Do not use people who cannot operate heat controls—infants, older people, or disabled friends.
- Do not use the electric blanket in a waterbed, sofa bed, adjustable bed, and wheelchairs – they can pinch the wires.
- Keep it flat while using it. Folds and bunched-up areas trap too much heat.
- Remember, sitting on the blanket may damage the electric coil. If it doesn’t have an auto shut-off function, turn it off.
- Don’t allow your pets near the blanket. Their claws may tear the blanket, exposing the wirings and increasing the risk for shock and fire accidents.
- Never iron your heated blanket, as this will melt the wirings.
How To Choose Electric Throw Blanket
Electric heated blankets come in all shapes and sizes. Here are some important factors to consider before purchasing the best-heated throw blanket online or from the store.
- Safety: First and foremost consideration is safety. Look for blankets with safety certifications like UL or ETL.
- Heat settings: Some models come with adjustable heat settings. Some models offer pre-set and auto shut-off functions.
- Material: Many heated blankets use polyester because of their fire resistance, comfort, and thickness. Usually, plug and thermostat units are of plastic.
- Wash care: Check the wash label for cleaning instructions. Normally they are machine washable, tumble dried, and low heat setting.
- Size: Choose from twin, full, queen, and king sizes to suit your needs.
- Low-voltage options: Electric blankets come in two settings: regular and low-voltage. Low-voltage blankets are safer and consume low power.
- Durability: When given proper care, an electric blanket can last for up to 5+ years.
- Cost: Cost depends on the material, quality, and automatic temperature control. Prices may range anywhere from $100 – $250 for a good quality electric heated blanket.
Reviews: Best Electric Heated Blankets
We hope you love the blankets we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- A cult-favorite heated blanket made of 100% polyester microplush! Softer than the fleece and about 2X plush, this is the best-heated throw blanket available today.
- It has an easy-to-use remote control that features ten heat settings.
- Also, it auto-adjusts the heat and maintains your heat preferences for up to 10 hours straight – all thanks to the ThermoFine® technology.
- Another awesome feature is its exclusive wiring system built throughout the blanket to deliver consistent and continuous warmth.
- Featuring a quilted design, it is machine washable and dryer safe. Overall, the sunbeam electric blanket is a great heated blanket that’s worth the asking price.
- Another electric throw blanket that checks all boxes – Material quality. Check; Easy to clean. Check; Durability. Check; Auto shut-off. Check.
- This higher-end electric blanket comprises 100% polyester micro-fleece fabric that gives a luxurious warmth when it is cold.
- The blanket has two separate zones and dual-lighted controls for individual adjustment and comfort. It provides even heating from head to toe.
- Like the sunbeam electric heated blanket, this one also has ten custom heat settings and shuts off automatically after 10 hours. The low-voltage technology helps to save energy as well.
- Per the manufacturer, this is machine washable and doesn’t stretch, shrink, or pill – which we think is great.
- In short, if you are ready to splurge a little, this one can keep you warm for years to come.
- The MaxKare Fast-Heating Sherpa Blanket is the perfect snuggle-up blanket for the coldest winter nights.
- It heats rapidly with three optional temperature levels from 95 to 113℉ to combat the bone-chilling weather.
- Made with sherpa velveteen and silky flannel, it preserves the heat and promises a restful night of sleep.
- This electric throw blanket provides overheat protection and ensures user safety. It shuts off automatically after 4 hours of continuous use.
- It has a 9.8-feet long power cable, which gives the users more flexibility. You can also use it as a normal blanket – detach the temperature controller.
- It is machine washable, easy to use, and stored as well. With this mattress on your side, you can also save on energy consumption bills.
- On a budget but need a best-quality heated throw? Then this Sunbeam Heated Blanket is just for you. It is 7 x 11 x 13 inches and is made of 100% polyester.
- It is perfect for an average adult to snuggle in comfortably with his favorite book.
- The throw has ThermoFine technology, which adjusts the temperature to give you the right amount of warmth.
- The EasySet Pro Controller includes ten different heat settings and features a 10-hour auto-shutoff function for user safety.
- It is available in 4 sizes – Twin, Full King, and Queen- in 7 classy colors that complement your personal style.
- Made with 100% polyester, this heated blanket is the epitome of warmth, luxury, and comfort.
- It is a pricey heated blanket. But we think the seven alternating layers of down, polyester, micro flannel, and quilting material are worth its price tag.
- The ETL-tested electric heated blanket has eight heat settings with 10-hour auto shut-off functionality. The wet-proof wirings add another layer to user safety.
- Durable and long-lasting, it has a 16-foot-long power cord. So there is no need to worry about getting the wires stuck or tangled.
- It is machine washable and dryer safe.
- This blanket is made with premium 100% Polyester for a plush feel.
- It is a micro plush throw with white sherpa lining.
- The blanket provides heat through the electrical current regulated with a simple controller.
- It offers five heat settings and a built-in 4-hour automatic shut-off for convenience.
- A safe and comfortable polyester material heated blanket that works with electricity.
- It comes with SensorSafe technology, so the blanket will never overheat.
- User-friendly digital warming controller with settings that are easy to use.
- There is a built-in timer that you can personalize.
Index Table: Top Rated Electric Heated Blanket
|1||Sunbeam Heated Blanket - Microplush||Sunbeam||98|
|2||Perfect Fit Ultra Soft Plush - Electric Heated Warming Blanket||Perfect Fit||98|
|3||Beauty Rest Sherpa - Throw Blanket||Beauty Rest||98|
|4||Sunbeam Quilted Fleece - Heated Blanket||Sunbeam||97|
|5||Shavel Home Products Thermee Electric - Blanket||Shavel Home Products||97|
|6||Serta Heated - Electric Throw Blanket||Serta||96.1|
|7||SensorPedic Heated - Electrical Blanket||SensorPedic||97|
Table of Contents
- How do electric heated blankets work?
- Safety Rules While Using Electric Throw Blanket
- How To Choose Electric Throw Blanket
- Reviews: Best Electric Heated Blankets
- Index Table: Top Rated Electric Heated Blanket