Electric heated blankets make cozy companions during wintry days. They make life a bit easier by keeping you warm while helping you save on electricity bills.
The following is a list of top 5 best electric heated blankets based on the editorial team’s review. From pocket-friendly to splurge-worthy, twin size to queen size heated blanket, we have something that suits everyone.
How do electric heated blankets work?
Just like a regular heating pad, electric throw blankets use insulated wirings or heating elements inserted into the fabric. Once plugged, electric current passes through these wires and generate heat.
Normally, electric blankets would have a thermostat or temperature control. Located between the plug and the blanket, this unit adjusts the electricity that passes through the wires so that users get the right temperature.
Modern-day heated throw blankets use carbon fiber wires. They are lightweight, accounting for ease of carrying it around and use it during wintry days. If you aren’t aware, this is the same technology used in luxury vehicles’ heated car seats.
Safety Rules While Using Electric Throw Blanket
If not used correctly and safely, an electric heated blanket can pose serious threats. Before you plug in and snuggle up, read the instruction manual carefully. Also, combine these safety practices.
- Do not use on people who cannot operate the heat controls. For example, infants, elderly people or disabled friends.
Do not use the electric blanket in a waterbed, sofa bed, adjustable bed, and wheelchairs – they can pinch the wires.
Keep it flat while using it. Folds and bunched-up areas trap too much heat.
Remember, sitting on the blanket may damage the electric coil. Also, if it doesn’t have auto shut-off function, turn it off.
Don’t allow your pets near the blanket. Their claws may tear the blanket, which may expose the wirings and increase the risk for shock and fire accidents.
Never iron your heated blanket as this will melt the wirings.
How To Choose Electric Throw Blanket
Electric heated blankets come in all shapes and sizes. Here are some important factors to consider before purchasing the best-heated throw blanket online or from the store.
- Safety: First and foremost consideration is safety. Look for blankets with safety certifications like UL or ETL.
Heat settings: Some models come with adjustable heat settings. Some models offer pre-set and auto shut-off functions.
Material: Many heated blankets use polyester because of its fire resistance, comfort, and thickness. Usually, plug and thermostat units are of plastic.
Wash care: Check the wash label for cleaning instructions. Normally they are machine washable, tumble dried and low heat setting.
Size: Choose from twin, full, queen, and king sizes to suit your needs.
Low-voltage options: Electric blankets come in two settings: regular and low-voltage. Low-voltage blankets are safer and consume low power.
Durability: When given proper care, an electric blanket can last for up to 5+ years.
Cost: Cost depends on the material used, quality, and automatic temperature control. Prices may range anywhere between $100 – $250 for a good quality electric heated blanket.
Reviews: Best Electric Heated Blankets
- A cult-favorite heated blanket made of 100% polyester microplush! Softer than the fleece and about 2X plush, this is the best heated throw blanket available today.
It has an easy-to-use remote control that features 10 heat settings.
Also, it auto-adjusts the heat and maintains your heat preferences for up to 10 hours straight – all thanks to the ThermoFine® technology.
Another awesome feature is its exclusive wiring system built in throughout the blanket to deliver consistent and continuous warmth.
Featuring a quilted design, it is machine washable and dryer safe. Overall, sunbeam electric blanket is a great heated blanket that’s worth the asking price.
- Another electric throw blanket that checks all boxes – Material quality. Check; Easy to clean. Check; Durability. Check; Auto shut-off. Check.
This higher-end electric blanket is made of 100% polyester micro-fleece fabric that gives a luxurious warmth when it is cold.
The blanket has two separate zones and dual lighted controls for individual adjustment and comfort. It provides even heating from head to toe.
Just like the sunbeam electric heated blanket, this one also has 10 custom heat settings and shuts off automatically after 10 hours. The low-voltage technology helps to save energy as well.
As per the manufacturer, this is machine washable and doesn’t stretch, shrink or pill – which we think is great.
In short, if you are ready to splurge a little, this one can keep you warm for years to come.
- The MaxKare Fast-Heating Sherpa Blanket is the perfect snuggle up blanket for the coldest of winter nights.
- It heats rapidly with 3 optional temperature levels from 95 to 113℉ to combat the bone-chilling weather.
Made with sherpa shu velveteen and silky flannel, it preserves the heat and promises a restful night of sleep.
This electric throw blanket provides overheat protection and ensures user safety. It shuts off automatically after 4 hours of continuous use.
It has a 9.8-feet long power cable meaning it gives more flexibility for the users. You can also use it as a normal blanket – just detach the temperature controller.
It is machine washable, easy to use and store as well. With this mattress on your side, you can also save on energy consumption bills.
- On a budget but need a best quality heated throw? Then this Sunbeam Heated Blanket is just for you. It comes in 7 x 11 x 13 inches size and is made of 100% polyester.
It is just perfect for an average adult to snuggle in comfortable with his favorite book.
The throw has ThermoFine technology which automatically adjusts the temperature to give you the right amount of warmth.
The EasySet Pro Controller includes 10 different heat settings and features a 10-hour auto shutoff function for user safety.
Available in 4 sizes – Twin, Full King, and Queen, it comes in 7 classy colors that complements your personal style.
- Made with 100% polyester this heated blanket is the epitome of warmth, luxury and comfort.
It is a pricey heated blanket. But we think the seven alternating layers of down, polyester, micro flannel, and quilting material, are worth its price tag.
The ETL tested electric heated blanket has 8 heat settings with 10-hour auto shut off functionality. The wet-proof wirings add another layer to user safety.
Durable and long lasting, it has a 16-foot long power cord. So there is no need to worry about getting the wires struck or tangled.
It is machine washable and dryer safe.
- A comfortable and plush fleece quilted styled heated blanket.
- There are 10 Heating levels and settings to choose from as well as a 10-hour auto shut off function.
- Made from durable and stain-resistant plush polyester materials.
- Machine washable and tumble dryable design.
- A safe and comfortable polyester material heated blanket that works with electricity.
- Comes with the SensorSafe technology so the blanket will never overheat.
- User-friendly digital iWarming controller with settings that are easy to use.
- There is a built-in timer that you can personalize.
- The Sojoy Electrical blanket offers 12 Volts of heating with smart multifunctional design.
- Can be used in cars, RV’s, for camping and has the perfect portable design.
- Equipped with a thermostat and three levels of heat control to choose from.
- Heats up fast and will not overheat.
Index Table: Top Rated Electric Heated Blanket
|1||Sunbeam Heated Blanket - Microplush||Sunbeam||98|
|2||Perfect Fit Ultra Soft Plush - Electric Heated Warming Blanket||Perfect Fit||98|
|3||Beauty Rest Sherpa - Throw Blanket||Beauty Rest||98|
|4||Sunbeam Quilted Fleece - Heated Blanket||Sunbeam||97|
|5||Shavel Home Products Thermee Electric - Blanket||Shavel Home Products||97|
|6||sunbeam Quilted - Fleece Electrical Blanket||sunbeam||97|
|7||SensorPedic Heated - Electrical Blanket||SensorPedic||97|
|8||SoJoy 12V - Smart Heated Blanket||SoJoy||97|
Table of Contents
- How do electric heated blankets work?
- Safety Rules While Using Electric Throw Blanket
- How To Choose Electric Throw Blanket
- Reviews: Best Electric Heated Blankets
- Sunbeam® Heated Blanket Microplush
- Perfect Fit® Ultra Soft Plush Electric Heated Warming Blanket
- Beauty Rest® Sherpa Throw Blanket
- Sunbeam® Quilted Fleece Heated Blanket
- Shavel Home Products® Thermee Electric Blanket
- sunbeam® Quilted Fleece Electrical Blanket
- SensorPedic® Heated Electrical Blanket
- SoJoy® 12V Smart Heated Blanket
- Index Table: Top Rated Electric Heated Blanket