The best throw blankets are designed to enhance your relaxing time, whether you are binge-watching on Netflix or reading your favourite book. But to find the best, might be nothing short of a conquest.
There are many factors that can affect your overall experience of the throw blankets. So, here in this article, we will take a look at the factors that you need to consider. Moreover, we will also look at some of the best throw blankets that you can buy.
The Materials and Types of the Best Throw Blankets
Throw blankets are usually sized as 50 by 60 inches, though there are slight variations, the real deal is their material. So let’s have a look at the best fabrics these throw blankets are made from.
- Wool – The wool blankets are the best for the winter season, They will keep you warm and cosy the entire time. Unlike the popular misconception, wool does not promote sweating.
- Cashmere – Cashmere is a kind of wool that is known to be one of the warmest. Besides, it is soft and luxurious and also hypoallergenic.
- Fleece – Fleece is also a synthetic fibre used in making various kinds of throw blankets. But they are known for extra durability and ease of maintenance. Besides, they are also inexpensive and highly elastic.
- Cotton – Coton is a natural fibre that is lightweight and moisture-wicking, These are naturally ideal for the summer season. Also, these are easy to maintain as all you need is to toss them in the washing machine when dirty.
- Knitted – Knitted throw blankets could use wool, cotton or any other fabric for making the throw blankets. But these are exceptionally cool and trendy for all kinds of interiors.
What To Look For When Buying The Best Throw Blankets?
Here’s a brief set of suggestions that you must heed to while you make your purchase.
- Material – The best throw blankets are made from premium grade materials, but they may vary, and so do their benefits. So choose a material that works best for your needs.
- Size – While most throw blankets are of teh size 50 by 60 inches, if you are taller, you might have to look for an even larger size. No worries, they are available, just see that you don’t buy a smaller one.
- Weight – Different people have different preferences. While one may like the heavier blankets, others may feel choked in the same. So pick one with suitable weight to ensure that it meets your level of comfort.
- Warmth – Blankets are meant to provide warmth, but how much that you will have to look for. This is also important as if you are looking for summer blankets, you’ll need to prefer the ones made from cotton, while for winters, plush wool or microfiber throw blankets will do.
- Color – Needless to say, color is one of the most important aspects. You might need the throw blankets to match with other beddings, couches, and more.
Are The Best Throw Blankets Really Useful or Just Decorative
It all depends on you. Throw blankets are simply versatile and do their job perfectly, as and what you decide. They are made from a variety of materials as discussed above and are good to use on a daily basis. However, if you decide to use them just as a piece of decor, these blankets will not let you down.
So here are a few things you can do with your blankets.
- Drape it over the back of the sofa – This will make your guest room look better and will also add a unique class to your couch.
- For Campfire warmth – A great use of a throw blanket is for keeping yourself warm while sitting around a campfire on summer nights.
- Table Runner – Use your beautiful throw blanket as a decor item by spreading it on the table of your living room or main hall.
- Fold it over the back of a chair – Use your throw blanket as a decor statement by folding it over the back of a chair. It will also act as a comfortable back rest.
Reviews: Best Throw Blankets
Check these best throw blankets that I have carefully selected just for you. Also, beware that this page contains affiliate links, but there will be no additional charges on you.
- The 50 by 60 inch brown throw blankets by AmazonBasics are surely one of the best you can get your hands on.
- It features a 100% polyester, acrylic material, that will last you for years to come, even after multiple washes.
- On the reverse side, you’ll get a 100% faux fur material that is super soft and comfortable for all.
- Besides, you may use it on your couch bed or a reading nook, and it will provide you with the perfect warmth and cosiness you seek.
- One of the best throw blankets, these by Bedsure are super soft to your skin.
- They give off a plush outlook and therefore offer versatile usage, in almost any place in the house.
- Made from fleece, these are long-lasting blankets and are also easy to maintain.
- Besides, these blankets will dry pretty quickly and are also wrinkle resistant. So unlike cotton blankets, you will be saved from the hassle of drying or ironing these cosy blankets.
- The 280 GSM of these throw blankets by Exclusivo Mezcla are designed to provide excellent comfort minus the maintenance hassles.
- It is extra large in size in comparison with other throw blankets and is ideal for adults, especially taller ones.
- Moreover, it is super soft, warm, and feather-light.
- Being anti-wrinkle, they are good to use as soon as they are dry after a wash.
- You also need not worry about its durability, as it is very unlikely to fade or shrink, and can be washed in your regular washing machine.
- If you want to add some color into your interiors, try these throw blankets by Lomao.
- The cool mustard shade will brilliantly complement most decors, and the pom-pom fringe brings some thrill and energy.
- Besides, it is made from 100% microfiber polyester and is warm enough to make you get a cosy nap.
- Even though it is extremely soft and fuzzy, it is very light in weight and won’t put pressure on your body.
- It will be hard to find another throw blankets that will be warmer than this one by Arcturus.
- It is made from 80% military grade wool with a blend of 20% hypoallergenic synthetic fibres to make it more durable and elastic.
- Besides, you can easily wash it in a machine, and these throw blankets will only get softer after each wash.
- The lock stitching on the rims looks beautiful, and it is best for even outdoor excursions, like camping or trekking.
- Made from 100% Cotton material these throw blankets by Longhui Bedding have a beautiful white grey knitting.
- The colour coordination makes it easy to complement other beddings and interiors.
- It is soft and comfortable at the same time and makes for an excellent gifting option as well.
Index Table: Top-Rated Throw Blankets
|1||AmazonBasics Knitted - Best Throw Blankets||AmazonBasics||99|
|2||Bedsure Microfiber - Best Fleece Throw Blanket||Bedsure||98|
|3||Exclusivo Mezcla Flannel Fleece - Best Velvet Throw Blankets||Exclusivo Mezcla||99|
|4||LOMAO Flannel Fabric - Best Throw Blankets||LOMAO||99|
|5||Arcturus Military Wool - Best Throw Blankets||Arcturus||99|
|6||Longhui bedding 100% Cotton - Best Throw Blankets||Longhui bedding||98|
Table of Contents
- The Materials and Types of the Best Throw Blankets
- What To Look For When Buying The Best Throw Blankets?
- Are The Best Throw Blankets Really Useful or Just Decorative
- Reviews: Best Throw Blankets
- Index Table: Top-Rated Throw Blankets