If you find your bed is too cold, you spill a lot, or you don’t enjoy the springs in your mattress poking into your sides all night long, the best heated mattress pad is what you need!
Please find out more below about how heated mattress pads work, why they are better than an electric blanket, and what features make one mattress pad better than another.
Do Heated Mattress Pads Use a Lot of Electricity?
A heated mattress pad is a perfect way to keep your home warm without using air condition for heating the whole room. They can help you save money, but it’s worth investigating how much electricity they use. Here’re some factors that affect it.
- Average Energy Consumption – A typical electric pad consumes 60-90 watts per side at max power, which means an average one uses 120-180 watts when running for 8 hours straight.
- Size of the Mattress Pad – The size plays a crucial role. For instance, a twin mattress pad can use 60 to 85 watts, translating into a low-to-mid-range energy consumption rate. Besides, the larger one will consume more energy.
- Age & Size of Wire – Small wires and circuits have a high resistance which takes less voltage to heat them than large ones.
- Material – Some materials hold heat very well and don’t cool down quickly. So you can run them on a lower setting and save energy. Also, many beds today have auto shut-off features.
How to Use Smart Heated Mattress Pads Safely?
Electric mattress pads are the perfect solution for being a little cozier during those cold winter months. However, it is important to use them with caution! Here are some tips.
- Keep a Check on the Cord – Check the cord first and make sure it’s not frayed or cracked; that might mean its insulation has been degraded over time by heat exposure.
- Avoid Covering & Overheating – When covered by anything, including other blankets or pets, these things can overheat and cause fires under the covers.
- Do Not Fold – Folding the electric mattress pad while in use can also lead to fire and other hazards.
Benefits of Using a Heated Mattress Pad
The heat from a mattress pad is so intense it will warm you to your toes. However, there are other benefits too.
- Health Benefits – They are a great way to relieve back pain by keeping your bones warm and alleviating joint or similar issues.
- Immediate Warmth – Also, the adjustable heating feature of a smart heating mattress pad will heat it instantly and help you sleep better and faster.
- Easy Maintenance – Most Amazon heated mattress pads are machine washable and dryable. Hence, they are easy to care for. Apart from this, you may use a waterproof mattress topper for more protection.
Are Heated Mattress Pads Good For You?
With many exciting benefits, heating mattress pads can take your sleep quality to a new level. The best-heated mattress pad is excellent for arthritis, fibromyalgia, and other chronic pain disorders that cause discomfort during sleep.
- Promotes Relaxation – When you are warm at night, your blood vessels expand, which helps to relax the muscles in your brain. This reduces stress levels so that you can drift off into a deep sleep faster than usual.
- Avoid EMF Waves – When you use a heated mattress pad to stay warm at night, you can save on your electricity bill and keep yourself comfortable. This is especially great for people who worry about EMF exposure while using an electric blanket.
- Personalized Heat Settings – A heated mattress pad is a device that adjusts to your temperature needs and can help you sleep better. Some even have two settings, so there’s no need for cold feet or overheating sheets. This variation in settings is your solution if you’re wondering what the best-heated mattress pad is.
- Enhances Health – When you don’t get enough sleep, your immune system can stop working properly. Exposure to EMF waves can also cause problems with your health or the immune system. However, a heated mattress pad is inexpensive to solve these issues while sleeping. Another great option to enhance Health and quick recovery is to pick a hospital bed mattress topper.
How Long Should A Heated Mattress Pad Last?
Most heated mattress pads come with a warranty of different lengths; 5 years is common. Though they rarely last that long, most people find them comfortable for about two years before the wires inside break due to their thin shape and constant heating/cooling cycle.
- Efficient – Mattress pad is the perfect solution to keep you warm on colder nights. It’s because they’re designed with soft microfiber that traps heat easily.
- Water Resistant -The mattress pad is a fantastic product for those looking for protection from spills, warm heating, and a plush top. They have a 100% cotton top that’s waterproof so that spills won’t damage the delicate material of your mattresses underneath it; you can wash them on high heat.
- Smart technology -Some heating mattress pads come with a smart system that senses any temperature increase and reduces the heat setting you choose.
Features of a Good Heated Mattress Pad
This section will look at some of the best-heated mattress pad features that make them stand out above the rest.
- Breathable Top – a top fabric cover that can breathe well will help you a lot, especially if heat tends to make you sweat. Cotton is a natural fabric that achieves this feature the best.
- Machine Wash and Dry – not all-electric mattress pads allow one to wash them. A mattress pad that allows you to do just that can make all the difference, especially if you are recovering from an ailment or prone to spilling on or wetting the bed.
- Waterproof – A waterproof mattress pad will give your mattress the protection it needs. Opting for a waterproof mattress pad is one of the best ways to prevent mold from growing on your mattress!
- Preheat Options – There is nothing quite like climbing into an already warm bed in the middle of the coldest season. On some mattress pads, one can set a preheat option to allow this possibility to become a reality.
- Overheat Temperature Protection – It is essential that your electric mattress pad can allow heat to escape or be distributed away after the mattress reaches its desired temperature. Most heated mattress pads have an overheating protection function linked to the thermostat.
Reviews: Best Heated Mattress Pad
Please take a look at our selection of some of the best heated mattress pads and protectors available online!
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- This luxurious heated mattress pad offers the best of both a mattress pad and an electric blanket!
- Machine washable without stretching, pulling or getting damaged for your ultimate convenience.
- The low voltage technology saves energy and is safer than many other heated-bed products.
- Automatically switches off after 10hours to conserve energy.
- The wires inside this mattress pad are hyper-thin and virtually impossible to feel.
- The pad is divided into two separate zones for the most options between you and your spouse.
- The heat is distributed evenly throughout the mattress pad, eliminating irritating hot and cold pockets.
- Here is a fantastic thick-skinned electric mattress pad that will keep you warm and snug all night long.
- This pad is straightforward to use with a no-fuss dial to set the heat you’d like.
- You can wash this mattress pad in the washing machine, as well as give it a good tumble dry without worrying that it will get ruined.
- It is the best-heated mattress pad made with skirted edging to prevent slipping about on your mattress.
- One can choose to heat one or both sides of this mattress pad at any desired temperature.
- This pad has a heat-protective mechanism to prevent overheating.
- It comes inclusive of a five-year warranty.
- Sunbeam has taken over the heated mattress pad market and is a favorite in American households nationwide.
- This mattress pad is designed for couples with two separate controllers for different side settings.
- Select your best temperature from the list of over ten personalized settings available to you.
- Decide how much of the thermostat you want to use and set it up or down as required!
- Save up to 10% a year on your heat and electricity bills.
- The thermocline warning system is there to ensure this mattress pad will not overheat while you sleep.
- Can cover a mattress of up to 18 inches thick!
- Here is a winner in heated mattress pads, which are entirely waterproof and stain resistant!
- Protect your mattress not just with great taste but with a superior degree of warmth and comfort too.
- Serta prides itself in using some of the thinnest wires possible in this mattress pad design – say goodbye to annoying disturbances in the night.
- Decide to heat your side of the bed the way you want with the two separate temperature zones the mattress pad offers.
- Preheat your mattress to just the right temperature before climbing into bed to relax completely.
- This is the best-heated mattress pad with a high cotton thread count for hotel-quality luxury.
- Another great Sunbeam heated mattress pad saves you on those freezing winter nights.
- Choose from 10 different settings and lie assured that the mattress pad is incapable of overheating.
- Wash in the washing machine and tumble dry without putting the mattress pad at any risk.
- After 10 hours of heating, the mattress pad turns off automatically, saving energy and reducing electricity bills!
- Warm your sheets before climbing in without thinking twice about the cold.
- The ComfortTec controller is designed like a digital alarm clock for ease of use and functionality.
- Filled with 5 ounces and hyper-thin wires for maximum comfort.
- A premium soft and breathable cotton mattress pad in a queen size.
- An LC12 control and five personalized heating settings to choose from with a ten-hour auto offsetting.
- You can turn down the thermostat and still enjoy warmth and comfort.
- It is made from premium, soft, durable, and highly breathable, all-natural cotton.
- This innovative electrical pad can be sued as a mattress topper or even a heated blanket for warmth.
- There are five modes to choose from in temperature control and a timing selection between 1 to 8 hours.
- It is the best-heated mattress pad made of soft and comfortable materials that are highly flexible and elastic.
- The blanket or topper has an automatic switch that prevents the topper from overheating.
- Made from durable and breathable polyester, this is a double-sized mattress pad with extra length at the top and bottom.
- Ten warming settings heat up fast and provide personalized comfort.
- This heated mattress pad full system delivers consistent and reliable safe heat and will shut down immediately before overheating.
- It comes with a full one-year warranty for quality and functionality.
- This electric heated mattress pad is designed to relieve aching joints and muscles.
- It comes with a water-resistant and anti-stain cover.
- The innovative SensorSafe technology ensures that the mattress topper does not overheat for safety.
- It is designed to provide a grip-wise pocket skirt to fit any mattress perfectly.
- This premium quality heated mattress topper offers nine heat settings as well as a built-in timer and can give up to 12 hours of warmth.
- This mattress topper comes encased in a 3M treated Scotchgard, moisture-absorbing, and stain-resistant to deliver a warm and cozy night.
- It is machine washable when unplugged from the controller.
- The topper offers a deep pocket to allow it to fit on any mattress, and the elastic bands ensure that it does not shift during the night.
- It is engineered for the lowest EMF possible and provides evenly spaced heat channels in its quilted design.
- This heated topper offers five heat levels to cater to every person’s needs and provides a preheat function.
- Sunbeam therapeutic heated mattress available in queen-size with dual controls is a great way to keep your bed warm and comfortable.
- Moreover, the dual controls allow you to set the perfect temperature for each side of the bed.
- In addition, this heated mattress pad features ThermoFine technology that allows you to choose from 20 heat settings.
- It also has a preheat setting, which warms up your mattress before getting into bed.
- Lastly, it is machine washable and dryer.
- The Beautyrest 100% cotton heated mattress pad is the ideal solution for a cozy night’s sleep.
- Besides, the dual temperature control allows you to set each side of your bed at the perfect temperature.
- Whether it’s a cool summer night or extra warmth on a chilly winter day, this heated mattress pad will keep you comfortable all year round.
- It features 20 heat settings and two controllers so you can set the right temperature for each side of your bed.
- This soft and breathable mattress cover comes with 250 thread count 100% cotton fabric that provides exceptional comfort.
- The Electrowarmth heated mattress pad is a quality-made, high-performance electric blanket for your bed.
- It provides continual and even beds warmth throughout the night.
- Moreover, it offers sleep-inducing heat from below that is soothing, like soaking in a tub of warm water.
- This relaxing sensation helps soothe aches and pains by delivering soothing warmth to sore muscles and joints.
- This smart heated mattress pad from Hyde Lane is made of cotton, which allows for a longer lifespan and a higher quality product.
- The mattress has high durability and will last for years to come.
- Moreover, the quilted padding not only allows you to sleep comfortably, but the exotic fibers are also healthy for the skin.
- Besides, it is a full-size pad and has 54 x 75 inches of coverage suitable for bed, sofa, car seat, or even in the office chair.
- The dual-controller design of this smart heated mattress pad allows you to set different temperatures on each side of the bed.
- Besides, it is perfect for people who have arthritis, fibromyalgia, joint pain, and many other ailments.
- Also, pregnant women suffering from back pain or swollen joints will surely love the comfort it provides.
- It has an extra thick layer of padding that makes this pad comfortable for all-year-round use.
- This is one of the most preferred heated mattress pads made of soft and cozy polyester microfiber material.
- It features an easy-to-use control panel that offers four heat settings.
- In addition, the machine-washable mattress pad has a coverage area of 60 x 80 inches.
- The comfy fabric allows for better circulation of air and increases breathability.
Index Table: Top Rated Heated Mattress Pad
Table of Contents
- Do Heated Mattress Pads Use a Lot of Electricity?
- How to Use Smart Heated Mattress Pads Safely?
- Benefits of Using a Heated Mattress Pad
- Are Heated Mattress Pads Good For You?
- How Long Should A Heated Mattress Pad Last?
- Features of a Good Heated Mattress Pad
- Reviews: Best Heated Mattress Pad
- Perfect Fit® Low Voltage Electric Mattress Pad Convenient Plush Heated Mattress Pad
- Biddeford® Dual Control Heated Pad Good Quality Electric Mattress Pad
- Sunbeam® Thermocline Mattress Pad Fine Quilted Mattress Pad with Heat Feature
- Serta® High Thread Count Soft Mattress Pad Top Quality Waterproof Heated Mattress Pad
- Sunbeam® Vertical Quilt Heated Mattress Topper Machine Washable Heated Mattress Pad
- Hyde Lane® Premuim Quilted Heated Mattress Topper
- Giantex® Smart Heat Electerical Heating Pad
- Electrowarmth® Twin Extra Long Mattress Heating Pad
- SensorPEDIC® Electric Heated Bed Topper
- Beautyrest® 3M Scotchgard Heated Mattress Topper
- Sunbeam® Queen Quilted Heated Electric Mattress Pad
- Beautyrest® King Cotton Heated Mattress Pad
- Electrowarmth® Queen Best Heated Mattress Pad
- Hyde Lane® Full-Size Electric Mattress Pad
- Degrees of Comfort® Queen Electric Mattress Pad
- Wellhut® Queen Smart Heated Mattress Pad
- Index Table: Top Rated Heated Mattress Pad