A special air alternating mattress topper is a suitable resting surface for a patient who is recovering from a surgery or illness. We have compiled some things you should keep in mind before getting the best mattress topper for a hospital bed.
Also, go through the list of products to help you make the right choice of a bed pad. It will help in maintaining the blood circulation in the body to prevent any bedsores because of longer stays in the bed.
Buying Considerations For Mattress Topper for Hospital Bed
A good mattress topper will last you a considerable amount of time. Here are some things to keep in mind before making a purchase.
- Texture – The mattress toppers come in various textures like smooth faux animal skin, egg-crate designs, bubble air cells, and many more. Pick the one that will be suitable for the optimum comfort of the patient.
- Material – You will find mattress toppers made of materials like vinyl, polyester, wool, nylon, and synthetic animal skin
- Size – Pick the size that is closest to the size of the bed so that it fits snuggly without any gaps on the bed.
- Air-Pump – Make sure the mattress topper comes with a durable pump to maintain the constant airflow. Also, see that it is noise-free so the patient can rest peacefully.
Benefits Of Mattress Topper for Hospital Bed
Here are some ways the mattress topper can help in maintaining and improving the health of the patients in the hospital.
- Comfort – A mattress topper will add an additional layer of comfort for the patient.
- Pain-Relief – The constant flow of alternating air will support different pressure points to relieve them of any pain.
- Quick-Recovery – The rest and sleep will ensure that the patient can recover faster and get back to health.
- Blood-Flow – A mattress topper has air cell channels that help in maintaining pressure and support across body parts, so there is no constriction in the blood flow.
Features Of Mattress Topper for Hospital Bed
You should look for the following features in the mattress topper so it can serve you or your loved ones for longer.
- Air-Flow – Make sure the mattress pad has channels for airflow for breathability and ventilation.
- Pressure – An alternating soft pressure will help in muscle relaxation and lesser fatigue in the body.
- Set-Up – The mattress should be easy to set up with an automatic pump that can be mounted over the bed for constant control.
- Easy-Wash -Get a topper that comes with a removable cover that can be washed in the machine. Anything used in the hospital should be sanitized after every use.
Reviews: Best Mattress Topper for Hospital Bed
Here are some product choices to get the best mattress topper for the hospital bed. Also, we would like to inform you we shall earn a small commission with every purchase made through the links in the article.
- The mattress topper comes with an electric air pump to fill it conveniently with air pressure.
- It has an air loss mechanism to keep the air intact without deflating too much while using it.
- You can adjust the amount of air and softness of the mattress topper by monitoring the air inside it.
- The mattress topper is suitable to treat and prevent ulcers and bedsores for the patients.
- Moreover, it is waterproof and air-sealed for a soft and comfortable laying surface.
- The mattress has a low air pressure to maintain an alternating cycle for the maximum comfort to the body.
- It has an 8 inches high air cell with polyester and nylon construction for durability.
- The topper comes with a removable and breathable cover, which is urethane coated with nylon build.
- It has a pressure maintaining pump, which keeps the mattress cool for the patient to sleep better.
- The cover is machine washable for easy care and maintaining hygiene.
- The mattress topper pad is made of vinyl to maintain a cool and soft surface for the patients and the elderly.
- Moreover, the vinyl surface is easy to clean for maintenance.
- It has a pain elevating mechanism with the constant air alternating in five minutes intervals.
- The valves have an automatic pressure release mechanism to release the pressure points from pain.
- It comes with a pump that can be mounted on the bed easily while installing.
- The wool synthetic bed topper has a faux sheepskin softness for maximum comfort.
- It has a soft surface to lay on with an enhanced airflow to keep the body cool.
- The material is hypoallergenic for patients with dust and mite allergies.
- It is versatile in use and can be used for the elderly in nursing homes and patients.
- Moreover, the whole bed pad is washable in the washing machine for easy cleaning.
- The Duro-Med mattress topper has an egg-crate design for the even pressure distribution of the body weight.
- It is made of foam for increased comfort and pressure reduction in the body.
- The design of the mattress topper allows the constant flow of air for ventilation and breathability.
- It has a convoluted surface so that the patient gets an uninterrupted rest with extra support.
- You can choose from various sizes and thicknesses to fit perfectly on the bed.
- The Vive mattress topper has a vinyl surface that is flexible and soft for the patient to lay on with comfort.
- Its material is easy to clean and quite durable with less wear and tear over the use.
- Additionally, it comes with a quiet pump, which will cause no disturbance while the patient rests.
- The pressure bearing mechanism helps the blood flow in the body to reach throughout the body.
- It has 130 individual air-filled channels, so the patient is comfortable without any bedsores and body pain.
Index Table: Top-Rated Mattress Topper for Hospital Bed
|1||Medical king Airy - Mattress Topper for Hospital Bed||Medical king||98.8|
|2||Drive Medical Pressurized - Med Aire Topper for Hospital Bed||Drive Medical||94|
|3||Lumex Pad & Pump - Mattress Pad for Hospital Bed||Lumex||98|
|4||MABIS DMI Wool - Hypoallergenic Topper for Bed||MABIS DMI||95|
|5||Duro-Med Foam Bed Topper Convoluted - DMI Topper for Hospital Bed||Duro-Med Foam Bed Topper||96|
|6||Vive Alternating Pad - Vinyl Topper for Hospital Bed||Vive||98|
Table of Contents
- Buying Considerations For Mattress Topper for Hospital Bed
- Benefits Of Mattress Topper for Hospital Bed
- Features Of Mattress Topper for Hospital Bed
- Reviews: Best Mattress Topper for Hospital Bed
- Medical king® Airy Mattress Topper for Hospital Bed
- Drive Medical® Pressurized Med Aire Topper for Hospital Bed
- Lumex® Pad & Pump Mattress Pad for Hospital Bed
- MABIS DMI® Wool Hypoallergenic Topper for Bed
- Duro-Med Foam Bed Topper® Convoluted DMI Topper for Hospital Bed
- Vive® Alternating Pad Vinyl Topper for Hospital Bed
- Index Table: Top-Rated Mattress Topper for Hospital Bed