The importance of Best Mattress Topper For Elderly is visible from the fact that more than 40% of people above the age of 70 have chronic pain and difficulty sleeping. To ensure good quality sleep, we have a list of the best mattress topper that will give the elderly the gift of sound sleep.
These mattress toppers align to their spine so that they feel more relaxed, and their pain gets alleviated through pressure points.
How Does Old Age Affects Sleep?
Insomnia is a prevalent condition when one becomes old. There may be many causes of it. For males, the growth of the prostate is a big problem that affects their sleep the most. Also, sleeping gets affected because of the side effects of prescription medicines. Some other issues due to which the sleep gets affected are as follows:
- Scoliosis – Scoliosis is a condition that is mostly seen in the elder people. In this condition, an unnatural C- or S-shaped bend comes in the spine. This leads to chronic pain in the shoulder, neck, and lower back region of the person.
- Arthritis – Arthritis is a condition associated with the inflammation of the joints, especially in the knees that give a large number of pains in the affected region.
- Fibromyalgia – It is characterized as a musculoskeletal disorder in which pain occurs on both sides of the body. It gets challenging for people to sleep who have this disorder.
- Diabetes and Prostate – Diabetes and the prostate problem leads to frequent nighttime urination that disturbs the sleep of a person.
Features of The Best Mattresses For Elderly?
There are certain factors that one must keep in mind while they purchase a mattress for older people. Here are some of the factors that are needed to keep in mind.
- Pressure Relief – There are several mattresses available that create a mold-like impression around the contours and the curves of the person’s body. This helps in alleviating the pressure points and aligns the spine of the person in such a fashion that the person feels supported and have a better sleep.
- Firmness – Mattresses that are extremely soft does not provide adequate support to most people. The firmness of the mattress must be selected considering your body weight and sleeping position.
- Temperature Neutrality – A mattress must have a neutral temperature and should not be too cold or warm. This ensures the best quality sleep for the sleeper.
Selecting Your Type of Mattress
As you now know the different factors that need your consideration while buying a mattress. Let us update you with various features of different mattress types.
- Foam Mattress – They consist of a layer of polyfoam in comfort as well as the support layer and provides good support and pressure relief to the person sleeping.
- Latex Mattress – A layer of latex is present in the comfort layer whereas, in the support section, a layer of polyfoam is present. The support and temperature neutrality of the mattress is pretty good.
- Innerspring – It contains foam in its comfort layer and steel coils in the support layer. Although they provide good support, they have much lower quality compared to the other mattresses.
- Hybrid – A 2-inch memory foam is present in the comfort layer and the support layer consists of pocketed coils. The mattress provides excellent support and pain relief to older adults.
Reviews: Best Mattress Topper For Elderly
Here is the list of the most efficient and reliable mattresses that can be bought for an older person. We also like to inform you that when you buy a product from the given links, we may receive a share of profit.
- The mattress absorbs the room temerature and keeps the mattress away from moisture.
- It provides a very comfortable sleep to the sleeper.
- The mattress is adaptive for all sleeping positions.
- It eliminates pain from pressure points.
- It is highly convinient for the elderly people.
- The mattress regulates the body temperature so that you get a sound sleep.
- Variable Pressure Foaming technique is used to remove any odor from the mattress.
- It helps you to get a comfortable sleep by adapting your sleeping position according to the pressure points.
- This is one of the best mattress topper products available for elderly.
- The mattress is temperature neutral and will make sure you get a pleasant sleep without feeling cold or hot.
- It helps you get rid of the pressure points and provides a night of much better sleep.
- The mattress is not extremely firm or very hard and is best for the people having any back disorders.
- The Mattress is built with 100% viscose rayon and provides great moisture absorption.
- The texture of the mattress is soft and provides you with a highly comfortable sleep.
- 35 ILD high support foam at the base offers excellent support to the people having back issues.
- The luxuriousness of the mattress can be felt every time you lay back on it.
- This gel mattress helps to neutralize the temperature of the body and provides a pleasant sleep.
- Progressive support layering is done to reduce the pressure and align the body correctly on the mattress.
- Stay Fresh Technology used in the making of the mattress makes it free from all kinds of chemical odor.
- The mattress has egg crate shaped convulated foam for providing maximum comfort and pain relief in the body.
- The circulation of the bodyweight is thoroughly distributed from head to toe.
- The mattress is ideal for people having back pain, pressure point stress, and pressure sores.
- The mattress is made from high quality, medical-grade urethane foam.
- This 2-inch Memory Foam mattress topper is infused with Lavender to provide a relaxing feeling.
- It offers five body zones pressure points to provide ultimate comfort, support, and pain relief, as well as to minimize tossing and turning.
- This topper is uniquely textured to improve breathability and airflow for optimum temperature regulation.
- The Queen sized topper design is extremely soft and airy and comes with a 3-year warranty.
- This memory foam mattress topper conforms to the body and provides cushioning to relieve back and hip pain.
- The gel-infused material is designed with perforations to maximize airflow and create a cool and comfortable sleeping environment.
- It is manufactured from high resilience materials, which allow the foam to be temporarily compressed without losing its shape.
- This high-quality bed bad comes with a 10-year warranty and lifetime customer service.
- This is a 4-inch twin gel memory foam mattress topper designed for all types of sleepers, be it side, back or stomach sleepers.
- It comes to a pillowy 1-inch layer of fiberfill to provide cloud-like comfort along with conforming to the body shape to cradle it.
- Whereas, the 3-inch gel memory foam ensures pressure-relieving support and firmness to reduce sinking as well as body aches.
- The cover for this topper is easily removable and washer-and-dryer safe.
- This mattress is made in the USA and comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
- This is an open cell design memory foam mattress topper that is light and breathable and still firm enough to provide the required support to the body.
- It molds according to the contours of your body to relieve pressure point aches and give you a restful sleep.
- The convoluted egg crate design ensures optimum airflow and equally disperses body weight and dissipates heat.
- It comes in a variety of sizes and can be used to renew old mattresses or minimize the issues caused by hard mattresses.
Index Table: Top-Rated Mattress Topper For Elderly
|1||ViscoSoft Foam - Mattress Topper for Elderly||ViscoSoft||98.9|
|2||Molecule Foam - Pressure-Relief Mattress Topper||Molecule||98.5|
|3||Cardinal & Crest Back Pain - Firm Elderly Mattress Topper||Cardinal & Crest||98.2|
|4||RECCI Bamboo - Foam Mattress For Elderly||RECCI||97.8|
|5||INNOMAX Gel Based - Elderly Mattress Topper||INNOMAX||97.4|
|6||Geneva Healthcare Egg Crate - Convoluted Mattress Topper||Geneva Healthcare||97.1|
|7||LUCID 2 Inch Relaxing - Lavender Memory Foam Mattress Topper||LUCID||96.7|
|8||subrtex 2 Inch Gel-Infused - Memory Foam Mattress Topper||subrtex||96.3|
|9||Sleep Innovations 4-inch Dual Layer - Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper||Sleep Innovations||95.9|
|10||Linenspa 2 Inch Convoluted - Gel Swirl Memory Foam Mattress Topper||Linenspa||95.5|
Table of Contents
- How Does Old Age Affects Sleep?
- Features of The Best Mattresses For Elderly?
- Selecting Your Type of Mattress
- Reviews: Best Mattress Topper For Elderly
- ViscoSoft® Foam Mattress Topper for Elderly
- Molecule® Foam Pressure-Relief Mattress Topper
- Cardinal & Crest® Back Pain Firm Elderly Mattress Topper
- RECCI® Bamboo Foam Mattress For Elderly
- INNOMAX® Gel Based Elderly Mattress Topper
- Geneva Healthcare® Egg Crate Convoluted Mattress Topper
- LUCID® 2 Inch Relaxing Lavender Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- subrtex® 2 Inch Gel-Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Sleep Innovations® 4-inch Dual Layer Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Linenspa® 2 Inch Convoluted Gel Swirl Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Index Table: Top-Rated Mattress Topper For Elderly