Building a new bed or revamping an old one, bed slats add a lot of power and comfort to the sleeping experience. Besides, wooden bed slats are also convenient to upgrade an old mattress or the one that is too hard for comfortable sleep.
So here are the top wooden bed slats that will act as a good foundation for your mattresses. Since they will check the sagging of the mattresses, your mattresses will last longer than expected. Have a look at the top wooden bed slats and choose the one that suits you the best.
Benefits of Wooden Bed Slats
Wooden bed slats bring along ample benefits, and here are the top ones. Have a look!
- Flexible Back Support – Wood has the natural tendency to bend on the application of pressure. So they adjust with respect to your body weight and provide full comfort and support.
- Adjustability – A great perk of wooden bed slats is that they are easy to customize in comparison to their metallic counterparts.
- Even Weight Distribution – As discussed earlier, wood has natural flexibility, so it distributes your bodyweight evenly.
- Eco Friendly – Wood is an eco friendly option to choose. It is naturally degradable and thus easy to dispose of as well.
- Ventilation – slatted bases offer surplus airflow, so your mattress gets sufficient air to breathe and remains fresh and mold-free.
Choosing The Right Wood For Bed Slats
For choosing the right wooden bed slats, you must also be aware of the kind of wood that will suit you best. One might be economical and another more durable. Here are the commonly used woods for making bed slats.
- Southern Yellow Pine – The Southern Yellow Pine is one of the strongest woods for bed slats. It has a firm grain and is durable enough to bear the weight on a constant basis.
- Douglas Fir – This wood is highly resistant to warping and thus extra durable. However, for some people, it may be quite rigid.
- Red Oak – Red Oak is extremely strong and expensive. People hardly use it for bed slats, and more in the exterior frame.
- Beech – A valued timber, Beech has high density and subsequently high strength.
Considerations for Buying Wooden Bed Slats
Here are some of the top considerations for buying wooden bed slats. Though Bed Slats are not a big deal, only the best last long and provide excellent support and life to your mattresses. Have a look.
- Wood Type -Each wood has its own characteristics. So the type of wood impacts the durability, strength, and flexibility of the slats.
- Number of Slats – The requisite number of slats varies from bed to bed. For example, for a 14” California King size bed, 15 slats will suffice, while for a smaller 38” twin bed, 13 slats are required.
- Slat Spacing – Slat spacing dominates the strength and support of the slats. Ideally, it must be around 2 1/2 inches apart.
Reviews: Best Wooden Bed Slats
Have a look at the best wooden bed slats, and make your purchase decision depending on the features you require. Please note that purchases made through links on this page may incur us a share of the profits.
- Get one of the most sturdy and durable support for your mattresses, with these fabric encased wooden slats for beds. So be it memory foam, spring, or a hybrid one, they will all get an excellent base.
- You must ideally place them head to foot side for extra support and comfort, instead of placing them horizontally.
- It comes with a five-year warranty, and these are ready to use and require no assembly.
- These custom width wooden bed slats by the Furniture Cove also feature Dark Green Straps to keep the slats in place.
- However, the best part is that if your bed size is not an exact match of the slats, you can ask for custom width and they will deliver it to your doorstep.
- These high-grade pine bed slats are thicker and much durable than most of the other similar products in the market.
- These IKEA wooden bed slats are made of birch wood and have enough flexibility to adjust to the suppleness of your mattress.
- It is easy to maintain, and you can clean it with a damp piece of cloth along with a mild cleaner.
- These wooden bed slats by Classic Brands are an excellent addition to experience comfort and ease at its best.
- You may feel free to place your mattress directly on the wooden slats. Besides, these are designed to bear the weight of any kind of mattress. It also prevents the sagginess in mattresses.
- Being made of Southern Yellow Pine, these are heavy-duty and suitable to use in place of Bunkie boards.
- These wooden slats are sturdy enough to use directly over the frame and under most kinds of mattresses.
- Continental Mattress wooden bed slats also provide excellent upliftment to the mattress without adding much height to it.
- They require no assembly and are ready to use straight out of the package. Besides, they are suitable for all kinds of bed platforms, including bunkies and daybeds.
- These durable wooden slats by Greaton are made from quality Spruce lumber, give extra life to your mattresses by providing a great foundation.
- The wooden slats are available in multiple sizes to fit different kinds of bed platforms, though additional support in the middle is recommended for king size beds.
- Furthermore, it is sturdy enough to be placed directly on the frame eliminating the need for box spring.
Index Table: Top-Rated Wooden Bed Slats
|1||Zinus Fabric Covered - Solid Wooden Bed Slats||Zinus||98.3|
|2||Furniture Cove Pine Wood - Custom Width Wooden Bed Slats||Furniture Cove||98|
|3||IKEA Classic - Birch Wooden Bed Slats||IKEA||99|
|4||Classic Brands Yellow Pine - Solid Bed Support Slats||Classic Brands||96|
|5||Continental Matress Pine Wood - Durable Wooden Bed Slats||Continental Matress||96|
|6||Greaton Premium - Spruce Wooden Bed Slats||Greaton||95|
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Wooden Bed Slats
- Choosing The Right Wood For Bed Slats
- Considerations for Buying Wooden Bed Slats
- Reviews: Best Wooden Bed Slats
- Index Table: Top-Rated Wooden Bed Slats