Bunkie Boards are essential bed accessories and for a good reason. They not only prevent the mattress from sliding, or sagging but also adds support for your mattress to make them last longer.
Subsequently, the best bunkie boards also act as a foundation to your mattress and support your back and ensure sound sleep. Besides, most bunkie boards feature steel or solid wood frames with slats, and some covered in fabrics.
But finding the best is never easy. So we shortlisted the best bunkie boards out there to save you from the hassle of endless scrolling and browsing. Have a look!
Advantages of Bunkie Boards
Bunkie boards are surely not just a piece of furniture, as they are jampacked with several benefits. Here are the top ones.
- Strong And Robust Support – Bunkie boards, while supporting the mattresses, prevent the wobbles of the bed frame and reduce tossing and turning at night.
- Reduces The Risk Of Bone Inflammation – Most orthopedics believe that the wrong choice of bedding can result in bone and muscle-related issues like bone inflammation, arthritis, cervical, etc. Having a bunkie board underneath the mattress, can the risk of such ailments.
- Low Profile Bedding – Since bunkie boards have little thickness, they provide a low height to the mattress, which is just ideal for kids and the elderly.
- Light Weight – Bunkie boards are a good option to keep the weight of the bed on the lower side of the scale. Additionally, they are easy to assemble and carry.
What to Look For in Bunkie Boards?
While all bunkie boards look alike, they are rather not similar. So here are a few things to look for while making your purchase to avoid disappointing returns.
- Noise Free – Beds that squeak for any reason never allow for a peaceful night. So look for bunkie boards that are covered in fabrics. Besides, those that are slightly quilted and with slip-proof tapes make no noise at all.
- Durability – Especially when choosing a wooden board, ensure that the slats are capable enough to endure a high amount of weight.
- Size and Fitting – Last but not the least, the bunkie board must be the right size to fit on your bed frame and beneath your mattress. These are also compatible with most kinds of mattresses, so that won’t be a concern for you.
Bunkie Boards Versus Box Springs
Bunkie Boards and Box Springs are cunning competitors when it comes to choosing a foundation for beds. But here is a brief comparison between the two, worth checking out.
- Height – Bunkie boards are not more than 2 inches in height. Whereas standard box springs are 9 inches high.
- Weight – On average a box spring weighs around 105 pounds. On the other hand, bunkie boards are much lighter at 30-40 pounds. Please note that weight varies concerning material and its type, but it is fair to say that box springs are hard to move around.
- Mattress Type – Bunkie boards are suitable for most kinds of mattresses, while box springs are specially designed for spring mattresses.
- Price – Bunkie boards are much cheaper in comparison to box springs. However, box springs may prove to be much durable than bunkie boards.
Reviews: Best Bunkie Boards
With much research and effort, we picked the top bunkie boards for you, as mentioned in the little list below. At the same time, please note that we may receive a part of the profits for the products bought via links on this page.
- This made in US wooden bunkie board is split into two for ease or transport, and storage.
- And provides efficient support to your back and reduces fatigue, pain and ensures deep sleep.
- The premium quality material is coupled with the strength of Stitch bond fabric material in which it comes encased.
- It furnishes ample support to the body so that you don’t suffer from back stiffness and ache. Besides, it is also available in different bed sizes.
- This metallic bunkie board is crafted from ultra steel and comes encased in a white quilted polyester fabric.
- It can be best used in the company of slats as a supporting system. Besides, you may use it with most types of mattresses.
- This bunkie board is available in both Twin and Full size.
- Improve your sleeping experience by adding this firm wooden bunkie board by Spring Coil.
- Its premium stitch bond fabric can support plenty of weight without wearing out or snapping.
- It fits in perfectly on standard size bed frames and is available in Twin Size.
- Though the color may vary, the bunkie board weighs around 10 lbs.
- This 1.6 inch wooden bunki board renders great support to your mattress, irrespective of its type and age.
- While the slats are made of wood, the frame is made of steel. But rest assured that it will stay noise-free, thanks to the nonslip padded tape, which also keeps the bunkie board in place.
- It will come compactly packaged, and the slats are ideally placed 2.4 inches apart for quality support. You will not require additional tools for assembly, as these will come within the package.
- Bunkie Board by Pemberly Row comes along with a quilted polyester cover to keep it safe from dust.
- The metal frame construction is premium and spot-on, and the supportive slat system adds to the comfort.
- Feel free to use it with any mattress, as it provides just the right amount of height to the mattress.
- Equipped with 2 inch North American Lumber slats, this bunkie board is the best way to add a new life to your old bed. Or even to build a lasting new one.
- These come wrapped in a soothing quilted fabric, which renders it a smooth and sleek finish.
- Furthermore, these are not squeaky at all, and your peaceful and comfortable sleep time gets insured with this pair of bunkie boards.
Index Table: Top-Rated Bunkie Boards
|1||Spinal Solution Split - Wooden Bunkie Board||Spinal Solution||98|
|2||Signature Sleep Ultra Steel - Twin Size Bunkie Board||Signature Sleep||98|
|3||Spring Coil Twin Size - Solid Wood Bunkie Board||Spring Coil||96|
|4||Zinus Deepak - King Size Bunkie Board||Zinus||98|
|5||Pemberly Row Quilted Cover - Twin Size Bunkie Board||Pemberly Row||96|
|6||ioHOMES American Lumber - Californian King Bunkie Board||ioHOMES||97|
Table of Contents
- Advantages of Bunkie Boards
- What to Look For in Bunkie Boards?
- Bunkie Boards Versus Box Springs
- Reviews: Best Bunkie Boards
- Index Table: Top-Rated Bunkie Boards