Bunkie Boards are essential bed accessories and for a good reason. They not only prevent the mattress from sliding or sagging but also adds support for your mattress to make them last longer.
Subsequently, the best bunkie boards also act as a foundation to your mattress and support your back and ensure sound sleep. Besides, most bunkie boards feature steel or solid wood frames with slats and fabrics.
But finding the best is never easy. So we shortlisted the best bunkie boards out there to save you from the hassle of endless scrolling and browsing. Have a look!
Advantages of Bunkie Boards
Bunkie boards are surely not just a piece of furniture, as they are jampacked with several benefits. Here are the top ones.
- Strong And Robust Support – Bunkie boards, while supporting the mattresses, prevent the bed frame’s wobbles and reduce tossing and turning at night.
- Reduces The Risk Of Bone Inflammation – Most orthopedics believe that the wrong choice of bedding can result in bone and muscle-related issues like bone inflammation, arthritis, cervical, etc. Having a bunkie board underneath the mattress can the risk of such ailments.
- Low Profile Bedding – Since bunkie boards have little thickness, they provide a low height to the mattress, which is just ideal for kids and the elderly.
- Light Weight – Bunkie boards are a good option to keep the bed’s weight on the lower side of the scale. Additionally, they are easy to assemble and carry.
What to Look For in Bunkie Boards?
While all bunkie boards look alike, they are rather not similar. So here are a few things to look for while making your purchase to avoid disappointing returns.
- Noise Free – Beds that squeak for any reason never allow for a peaceful night. So look for bunkie boards that are covered in fabrics. Besides, those that are slightly quilted and with slip-proof tapes make no noise at all.
- Durability – Especially when choosing a wooden board, ensure that the slats are capable enough to endure a high amount of weight.
- Size and Fitting – Last but not least, the bunkie board must be the right size to fit on your bed frame and beneath your mattress. These are also compatible with most mattresses, so that won’t be a concern for you.
Bunkie Boards Versus Box Springs
Bunkie Boards and Box Springs are cunning competitors when choosing a foundation for beds. But here is a brief comparison between the two, worth checking out.
- Height – Bunkie boards are not more than 2 inches in height. Whereas standard box springs are 9 inches high.
- Weight – On average a box spring weighs around 105 pounds. On the other hand, bunkie boards are much lighter at 30-40 pounds. Please note that weight varies concerning material and its type, but it is fair to say that box springs are hard to move around.
- Mattress Type – Bunkie boards are suitable for most kinds of mattresses, while box springs are specially designed for spring mattresses.
- Price – Bunkie boards are much cheaper in comparison to box springs. However, box springs may prove to be much durable than bunkie boards.
Reviews: Best Bunkie Boards
We picked the top bunkie boards for you with much research and effort, as mentioned in the little list below. At the same time, please note that we may receive a part of the profits for the products bought via links on this page.
- This made in US wooden bunkie board is split into two for ease or transport, and storage.
- It provides efficient support to your back, reduces fatigue and pain, and ensures deep sleep.
- The premium quality material is coupled with Stitch bond fabric material’s strength in which it comes encased.
- It furnishes ample support to the body to not suffer from back stiffness and ache. Besides, it is also available in different bed sizes.
- This metallic bunkie board is crafted from ultra steel and comes encased in a white quilted polyester fabric.
- It can be best used in the company of slats as a supporting system. Besides, you may use it with most types of mattresses.
- This bunkie board is available in both Twin and Full sizes.
- Improve your sleeping experience by adding this firm wooden bunkie board by Spring Coil.
- Its premium stitch bond fabric can support plenty of weight without wearing out or snapping.
- It perfectly fits in standard-size bed frames and is available in Twin Size.
- Though the color may vary, the bunkie board weighs around 10 lbs.
- This 1.6 inch wooden bunki board renders great support to your mattress, irrespective of its type and age.
- While the slats are made of wood, the frame is made of steel. But rest assured that it will stay noise-free, thanks to the nonslip padded tape, which keeps the bunkie board in place.
- It will come compactly packaged, and the slats are ideally placed 2.4 inches apart for quality support. You will not require additional assembly tools, as these will come within the package.
- Bunkie Board by Pemberly Row comes along with a quilted polyester cover to keep it safe from dust.
- The metal frame construction is premium and spot-on, and the supportive slat system adds to the comfort.
- Feel free to use it with any mattress, as it provides just the right amount of height to the mattress.
- Equipped with 2 inch North American Lumber slats, this bunkie board is the best way to add a new life to your old bed. Or even to build a lasting new one.
- These come wrapped in a soothing quilted fabric, which renders it a smooth and sleek finish.
- Furthermore, these are not squeaky at all, and your peaceful and comfortable sleep time gets ensured with this pair of bunkie boards.
- This bunkie bed is designed to add extra support under the mattress to prevent sagging.
- It offers a low-profile solution to enhance a mattress’s firmness without adding bulk or height to it.
- The bunkie bed is designed to fit a twin mattress size.
- The board is 0.75 inches thick, with an overall 30×60 inches and 15×30 inches when folded.
- This bunkie bed is designed for standard size beds.
- The slats are sturdy and reliable enough to place directly onto the bed frame.
- It comes assembled for your convenience.
- The bunkie board comes in a variety of sizes to suit your beds.
- This bunkie board is 38.875 W x 72 L x 0.75 H inches in size.
- It is designed to be durable enough to place a mattress on the bed slats directly.
- The bunkie board features 13 connected slats spaced approximately 3.3 inches apart for easy assembly.
- It is made out of solid Southern Yellow Pine.
- This bunkie board is made with premium quality wood.
- It is designed to fit various beds’ standard sizes, including Queen, King, and Twin sizes.
- The wooden slats are sturdy enough to handle the weight of the mattress.
- It comes pre-assembled for easy installation.
Index Table: Top-Rated Bunkie Boards
|1||Spinal Solution Split - Wooden Bunkie Board||Spinal Solution||98|
|2||Signature Sleep Ultra Steel - Twin Size Bunkie Board||Signature Sleep||98|
|3||Spring Coil Twin Size - Solid Wood Bunkie Board||Spring Coil||96|
|4||Zinus Deepak - King Size Bunkie Board||Zinus||98|
|5||Pemberly Row Quilted Cover - Twin Size Bunkie Board||Pemberly Row||96|
|6||ioHOMES American Lumber - Californian King Bunkie Board||ioHOMES||97|
|7||MABIS DMI Healthcare Folding - Bunkie Bed Board||MABIS DMI Healthcare||96.6|
|8||Continental Sleep Heavy Duty - Bunkie Board||Continental Sleep||96.2|
|9||Classic Brands Xtreme - Bunkie Board||Classic Brands||95.8|
|10||Mayton Heavy Duty - Bunkie Board||Mayton||95.4|
Table of Contents
- Advantages of Bunkie Boards
- What to Look For in Bunkie Boards?
- Bunkie Boards Versus Box Springs
- Reviews: Best Bunkie Boards
- Spinal Solution® Split Wooden Bunkie Board
- Signature Sleep® Ultra Steel Twin Size Bunkie Board
- Spring Coil® Twin Size Solid Wood Bunkie Board
- Zinus® Deepak King Size Bunkie Board
- Pemberly Row® Quilted Cover Twin Size Bunkie Board
- ioHOMES® American Lumber Californian King Bunkie Board
- MABIS DMI Healthcare® Folding Bunkie Bed Board
- Continental Sleep® Heavy Duty Bunkie Board
- Classic Brands® Xtreme Bunkie Board
- Mayton® Heavy Duty Bunkie Board
- Index Table: Top-Rated Bunkie Boards