Wool blankets provide amazing premium and comfort to the user and ensure safety from the cold weather. The best wool blankets are the ones that are made with high-quality fabric and provide the luxury of relaxed sleeping.
Therefore, we have made a list of the six best wool blankets that you will love to buy for your home. We will also provide you a list of things you must consider before buying blankets for yourself.
Benefits of a Wool Blanket
Wool blankets provide extreme luxury and comfort to the user. There are several benefits of using a wool blanket. A few of them are given down below:
- Temperature Regulation – Wool is known to trap heat and provide warmth. Although it retains heat, it also offers efficient air cooling. The breathability of wool is high, making it suitable to use all year long.
- Durability – A good reason to buy a wool blanket over others is due to its high durability. Unlike other blankets, these have a large life span of at least ten years.
- Comfort – Wool blankets are extremely soft in texture. They provide amazing comfort to the skin and are ideal for getting a soothing sleep.
- Good Sleep Quality – Wool blankets are warm, soft, and are known to provide high comfort to the user. All these great qualities add up to good quality sleep for the user.
Types of Wool Blankets
There is a huge variety of wool blankets present in the marketplace. Some common types of wool blankets are given down below:
- Boiled Wool – Boiled wool blankets are heavy and are made by shrinking the woven wool fabric. These are suitable for frigid regions.
- Merino Wool – Merino wool blankets are popular for their shine, softness, and breathability. They are thin in texture than the regular wool blankets and are suitable for climates that aren’t extremely cold.
- Alpaca Wool – Alpaca wool blankets have considerably medium weight, are soft, and have a silky texture. They are usually made from sheep’s wool.
- Angora Wool – Angora wool blankets are created from the fibers of Angora rabbits’ coat. They are hot and are lightweight.
Buying Considerations for Wool Blankets
Before you search for the best wool blankets for yourself, it is essential to know the good blanket parameters. It will help you select the right blanket for yourself.
- Material – Material of the blanket is one of the crucial factor to consider. Blankets are available from synthetic wool to original wool, and you must select the appropriate choice for you according to your preferences and budget.
- Ease of Cleaning – A few blankets require high maintenance and take a huge amount of time for cleaning. Therefore it is a factor that must be thought about before purchasing the wool blanket.
- Weight – Blankets are available in huge variety from lightweight to heavyweight. Cashmere and merino are usually the lightest of all, whereas alpaca and pure virgin wool are considered the heaviest.
- Size – Depending upon the usage of the blanket, you must choose its size. Small-sized blankets are suitable for chairs or sofa sitting. But if you need a blanket for sleeping, consider buying large-sized blankets.
Reviews: Best Wool Blankets
Below is the list of the six best wool blankets worth checking out. Also, we like to inform you that for every purchase you make through the given links, a certain percentage of the share may be credited to us.
- Say goodbye to all your shiverings as this Desert Breeze Distributing made blanket is perfect for providing you warmness.
- It is crafted with 50% Alpaca and 50% Merino Wool, making it extremely warm and soft for usage.
- The blanket requires low maintenance and is easy to clean.
- The banket comes with beautiful brown and gray tone strips that go well with all kinds of home decors.
- It has 72 x 88 inches and a weight of 5.5 lbs.
- 100% Virgin wool.
- Tan and Brown color.
- Alpaca and Merino wool blend.
- A bit pricey.
- This Ektos made blanket is made with 100% pure wool and is extremely comfortable.
- The finished edges of the blanket prevent the blanket from fraying.
- It has a premium quality fabric and is extremely warm and suitable for cold regions.
- The blanket is odor-free, soft, and is also fire resistant.
- The blanket is machine washable and requires low maintenance.
- 100% Wool construction.
- Machine Washable.
- Features elasticity.
- No color options.
- Maybe too heavy for some people.
- Stay warm and cozy with this Winthome made soft and durable woolen blanket.
- The blanket is made with 50% wool and 50% acrylic.
- It has fantastic elasticity and can absorb moisture to provide coolness to the sleeper.
- The blanket can be washed with hands or in a machine.
- The good construction of the blanket makes it ideal for outdoor usage.
- Winthome Luxury collection.
- Acrylic and Wool blend.
- Highly durable and soft.
- No size options.
- Have the pleasure of sleeping in high luxury in this Lavish Home made wool blankets.
- It is built with 100% pure Australian lamb’s wool that provides extreme blanket softness.
- This blanket has a size of 110 inches x 94 inches.
- The blanket has excellent insulation and has a breathable texture.
- The premium quality of the fabric provides good durability to the blanket.
- This Arcturus made wool blanket are made to perfect with high quality wool fabric that provide amazing warm to the users.
- The blanket looks are elegant, and it will make your bed look beautiful.
- The blanket is made with 80% wool and 20% hypoallergenic synthetic fibers.
- It is machine washable and has low maintenance.
- The blanket is free from all kinds of chemical processing.
- Are you looking for a lightweight warm blanket at an affordable price? If son then check out this amazing blanket.
- It is made with 80% premium virgin Merino wool, making it extremely warm and comfortable for use.
- It has a weight of 4 lbs and a size of 66 x 90 inches.
- The fine finishing of the blanket gives it a beautiful and stylish look.
- The blanket is durable, low maintenance, and does not require machine washing.
- This blanket is made using premium grade Alpaca woo.
- It is lightweight, soft to the touch, breathable, and designed to provide warmth.
- The woolen blanket is handmade by artisans in Ecuador and is available in various vibrant looks.
- These blankets are suitable for machine washable and durable due to the 50:50 ratio of Alpaca wool and Acrylic.
- This woolen blanket is crafted with a blend of 70% Wool, and 30% synthetic fibers.
- It is durable, long-lasting, and stays beautiful even after multiple washes.
- The blanket is ideal for military use and is also a fire-retardant.
- It offers a higher wool content for extra warmth and coziness in cold weather.
- This woolen blanket is constructed using pure Virgin Wool.
- It comes in a Glacier National Park design.
- The blanket is woven in Pacific Northwest mills and has been made there for 100 years.
- It comes decorated with colorful stripes on an off white base.
- This blanket is similar to the military issued blankets.
- It is durable and designed to trap body heat even under extreme weather conditions.
- This woolen blanket is made using fire-retardant material for an extra safety layer.
- It comes in a large size of 66×90 inches.
Index Table: Top-Rated Wool Blankets
|1||Desert Breeze Distributing Merino - Wool Blankets||Desert Breeze Distributing||98|
|2||Ektos Premium - Best Wool Blankets||Ektos||97|
|3||Winthome Breathable - Woolen Blankets||Winthome||98|
|4||Lavish Home Australian - Wool Blankets||Lavish Home||99|
|5||Arcturus Hypoallergenic - Best Wool Blankets||Arcturus||97|
|6||Woolly Mammoth Woolen Company Soft - Wool Blankets||Woolly Mammoth Woolen Company||99|
|7||QISU Alpaca - Wool Blanket Throw||QISU||97.6|
|8||JMR Grey - Military Wool Blanket||JMR||97.1|
|9||Pendleton Store Glacier - Wool Blanket||Pendleton Store||95.5|
|10||Ever Ready First Aid Olive Drab - Warm Wool Blanket||Ever Ready First Aid||95.2|
Table of Contents
- Benefits of a Wool Blanket
- Types of Wool Blankets
- Buying Considerations for Wool Blankets
- Reviews: Best Wool Blankets
- Desert Breeze Distributing® Merino Wool Blankets
- Ektos® Premium Best Wool Blankets
- Winthome® Breathable Woolen Blankets
- Lavish Home® Australian Wool Blankets
- Arcturus® Hypoallergenic Best Wool Blankets
- Woolly Mammoth Woolen Company® Soft Wool Blankets
- QISU® Alpaca Wool Blanket Throw
- JMR® Grey Military Wool Blanket
- Pendleton Store® Glacier Wool Blanket
- Ever Ready First Aid® Olive Drab Warm Wool Blanket
- Index Table: Top-Rated Wool Blankets