Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
First created by NASA in the 1970s, memory foam is popular for its great compression support, pressure relief, and body-contouring benefits.
With many solid brands, choosing the best memory foam mattress online is tedious. Don’t worry, below we have jotted down A to Z about memory foam mattresses, including our top 5 suggestions.
Types of Memory Foam Mattresses
Several memory foam mattresses are available online. Here are the popular ones.
Traditional memory foam is the most common and widely available type. This one is polyurethane-based and is considered a polyfoam.
Plant-based memory foam is another popular type and a cheap memory foam mattress manufactured from petrochemicals and botanical ingredients. This type is breathable and cooler than the traditional polyfoam.
Gel-infused memory foam is a relatively new age-y and is not as widely available as other types. The cooling gels in it reduce heat dissipation and give comfortable sleep. It retains its shape, too.
Copper-infused memory foam, another new version. This type of memory foam has beads lined with thin copper wire. Like gel-infused models, the copper components will keep the sleepers cooler. This is better suited for the elderly with joint pain, lower back pain, muscle pain, or muscle stiffness. Plus, copper improves blood circulation as well.
Benefits of Memory Foam Mattress
Given the ever-increasing popularity of memory foam, there’s clearly a lot to love about the material. Let’s check some of the important benefits.
- Relief of Pressure Points: Memory foam is designed to accommodate your weight, evenly distribute pressure, and create a weightless feeling. And this is exactly what a person suffering from pain and ache needs.
- Back and Joint Support: Besides even weight distribution, the memory foam mattress supports the head-to-toe alignment to relieve stress from the spine and joints. The regular foam layer in memory foam also plays an important role in preventing you from sinking.
- Controls Motion Transfer: Isolating motion is important when sleeping with a partner. Since memory foam absorbs pressure and balance weight, motion transfer is literally eliminated in a good memory foam mattress.
- Good Longevity: Memory foam mattresses generally tend to outlast innerspring and hybrid beds. You can use it for 10 to 15 years without replacing it with less sagging.
- Affordable: Compared to latex and innerspring mattresses, memory foams are affordable.
Picking the Right Memory Foam Bed
Every individual is different in terms of the density preference of the mattress. Density is basically measuring how much a cube of memory foam weighs. For example, in the case of a memory foam mattress, three density options are available:
- Denser memory foams weigh more – about 5.5 lbs/ft3 and higher. They give greater durability, motion isolation, and pressure relief. They have higher temperature sensitivity and more odor.
- Medium density foams are offers medium to high durability, good contouring and weight balance. Their density is from 4.0 to 5.9 lbs/ft3.
- Low density foams are less likely to smell, rise temperature, but have less durability and poor pressure relief. Low density is considered below 3.5 lbs/ft3.
Reviews: Best Memory Foam Mattress
We hope you love the mattresses we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- This mattress is made from a blend of 5% Rayon, 30% Viscose, and 65% Polyester.
- It is designed with three layers of zone systems.
- The king-size mattress provides firmness to keep the body properly aligned and provides pressure relief.
- The 3-inch gel memory foam offers support and comfort and heat dissipation to make it breathable.
- LUCID 14 Inch Plush Memory Foam Mattress is an excellent choice if you need a good mattress for sensitive skin and offers great thermal regulation.
- The plush mattress is all about layers and comfort. It has 1-inch bamboo charcoal-infused memory foam; a 3-inch-thick ventilated, gel-infused memory foam makes the second layer; a 10-inch high-density foam forms the base layer.
- The top layer contours your natural curves, the middle layer improves temperature and breathability and aids in isolating motion transfer, and the base layer adds excellent support.
- All LUCID memory foam mattresses are created using open cell technology to prevent body impressions.
- Well, this CertiPUR approved full memory foam mattress is definitely not-so-pocket-friendly, but it comes feature-filled to give comfortable sleep.
- It contours to your body shape and creates pressure points according to your body, further improving comfort and sleep quality.
- Unlike many mattresses, it doesn’t produce odor thanks to active charcoal that controls odors and moisture.
- Mattress layers go like this: 3″ memory foam, 2″ Super Soft Foam with pressure relief function, and 5″ high-density foam.
- The ten-year warranty on this OEKO-TEX® certified memory foam mattress also contributes to its popularity.
- The Perfect elegant and cloud-like experience mattress from Perfect Cloud.
- Plush and comfortable memory foam layers are infused with cooling gel.
- A premium design textile stretch knit cover.
- There are further firmer layers of memory foam in the center for better support.
- Enjoy a weightless sleeping experience.
- Antibacterial and hypoallergenic, the Classic Live and Sleep mattress are a must-have for people with allergies and sensitive skin.
- If you are someone who changes positions while sleeping, it is for you. It has a 2.5-inch layer of prime airflow infused pure Visco and a high-density support base that contours to your body.
- The removable and machine washable extra soft fabric cover is made of flex thread textiles.
- All foam layers used in Classic Live and Sleep mattresses are CertiPUR-US® and OEKO-TEX® Certified.
- Other reasons that may convince you to buy it: 20 years warranty, a trial period of 30 nights, and a free memory foam pillow.
- High quality and well-known brand in memory foam beds from Vibe.
- Gel-infused memory foam layers at the top and more high-density layers in the center.
- Cooling and offers medium-firm support.
- The high-quality memory foam conforms to the shape of your body for optimal support and comfort.
- Fine quality memory foam mattress infused with a Gel Top layer to disperse body heat, keeping you cool.
- The Convoluted Memory foam provides much better ventilation and disperses body pressure.
- The high-density layers aid in supporting your back and spine in a good posture.
Index Table: Top Rated Memory Foam Mattress
|1||Sweetnight Store Breeze - Memory Foam Mattress||Sweetnight Store||98.6|
|2||LUCID Plush - Gel Memory Foam||LUCID||98|
|3||Best Price Mattress Memory Foam - Mattress||Best Price Mattress||97|
|4||Perfect Cloud Elegance - Memory Foam Mattress||Perfect Cloud||98|
|5||Live and Sleep Twin - Memory Foam Mattress||Live and Sleep||98|
|6||Vibe 12 Inch - Gel Memory Foam Mattress||Vibe||97|
|7||PrimaSleep 12 Inch - Memory Foam Mattress||PrimaSleep||97|
Table of Contents
- Types of Memory Foam Mattresses
- Benefits of Memory Foam Mattress
- Picking the Right Memory Foam Bed
- Reviews: Best Memory Foam Mattress
- Index Table: Top Rated Memory Foam Mattress