We get it: finding the best mattress brands can be a slog. You visit multiple local stores and read a thousand reviews to find the best pick. Well, it doesn’t need to be that complicated.
We ranked the top 5 brands and their beds here. For more information on our picks and why we think they’re great, keep reading.
How To Buy A Good Mattress
You spent about 35 percent of your life sleeping. So, you shouldn’t just pick a mattress that comes with fancy ‘marketing tags.’ Here’s everything you need to know about buying a good mattress online.
- Check Reviews: Salesman (and marketing slogans) will ramble on and on about a mattress that they’ve never slept on. So it’s better to trust the user’s words.
- Consult your doctor: Wondering why? Certain beds can help reduce lower back pain, body pain, and joint pain. You should also consider your allergies while buying a new bed. And, that’s where your doctor can give you the ‘right’ advice.
- Compare, Compare, Compare: Before you zero in on your mattress, do a comparative study. Try different brands and mattress types within the same brand. Then, align them with online reviews.
- Know the size: Twin, King, Queen, Full… the list goes on and on. Therefore, always enter the mattress hunting process with a clear idea of the mattress size.
Once you check these points, the next step is mattress brand consideration and evaluation.
Best Mattress Brands – Buying Consideration
Important specifications you should consider include material construction, firmness, and thickness. There are also performance factors like durability, conforming ability, temperature neutrality, and motion isolation. Additionally, we recommend you to check these:
- Sleep trial and return policy: Almost all online mattress companies offer sleep trials between 90 to 120 days. Some mattress brands have a break-in period as part of their return policy wherein you should sleep on their mattress for at least 30 days.
- Warranty: Most mattress warranties last at least ten years, and many covers for up to 20 years. Lifetime warranties – 25+ years – are somewhat common these days. What’s more important here is the non-prorated coverage period during which you can replace or repair defective beds for free.
- Specifications: Some mattress brands offer in-depth specs such as foam densities, layer thicknesses, cover fabrication, and more. Others do not really disclose these specs, leaving you with quizzical looks.
- Manufacturing quality: Material quality and fair manufacturing conditions are equally important in choosing the best mattress.
- Sustainability: Organic mattresses are having a moment. Certifications, such as the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) and Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS), can be used to confirm if the materials are sustainably sourced or not.
- Brand reputation: All the above factors add to a mattress brand’s reputation. And then, there are review sites that will tell you A-Z about the mattress brand.
Mattress Myths To Bust This Year
Now that you know how to pick the best brand, we’d want to share a few mattress myths as well.
The more coils, the better the mattress: Most of the top-rated innerspring mattresses contain about 500 to 1200 coils. What matters here is the metal used and coil variations, not the coil count.
Gel is cool-cool: We have heard enough marketing claims about gel-infused foam providing a cooling effect for the sleepers. In reality, they provide a comfortable sleep by retaining some amount of warmth.
Additional lumbar support: Sure, there are mattresses designed for lower back pain people. But there’s no assurance that it will completely cure the pain and aches.
Reviews: Best Mattress Brands Online
- One of the best mattress brands available on the market, you’ll find a Zinus mattress in practically most ‘best mattress brand 2019’ lists online.
- Conforming Green Tea Memory Foam mattress is CertiPUR – the US Certified for durability, performance, and content. Plus, it’s an affordable natural mattress for your family.
- Three inches Memory Foam, 2 inches Comfort Foam, 3.5 inches Airflow High-density Foam, 3.5 inches Airflow High-density Base Support Foam. Sizes are subject to +/- 0.5 Inch
- With four foam layers, it provides excellent pressure relief while still properly supporting your body. People with fibromyalgia, back, or joint pain seem to be the great fans of this body-conforming, eco-friendly mattress.
- A safe and trustworthy anti-oxidant, all memory foam mattress by Zinus contains natural green tea extract to maintain long-lasting freshness.
- Originating from the parent company Somnio LLC, SoundAsleep Products are a New Jersey centered mattress brand. Though they have a range of premium mattress lines, SoundAsleep Dream Series is the most popular one.
- Queen size Dream Series Air Mattress can be inflated up to 19″, making it a great option for individuals who prefer higher-profile beds.
- Featuring ComfortCoil Technology, this air mattress comes with 40 individual air coils to provide a flat, comfy sleeping surface.
- The bed has a waterproof flocked top to ensure good sleeping traction, which prevents sleepers from slipping off the bed.
- The best part – With one-click, you can inflate or deflate the bed. The patented pump design is 20% quieter than the competitor models.
- Another user-friendly feature is its SureGrip Bottom. It provides a better suction grip and prevents mattress movement.
- Best Price Mattress offers mattresses, toppers, bed frames, pillows, and everything in between. Their line of memory foam and innerspring mattresses are touted not only for the restful sleep they guarantee but price too.
- One of the best selling mattresses is the body-conforming 10-inch Memory foam mattress. It helps to isolate and reduce motion transfer between the sleeping partners.
- It has a 3″ memory foam layer, a 2″ comfort layer of softer foam with a pressure relief system, and a 5″ layer of more dense foam.
- With Poly-Jacquard fabric cover and CertiPUR-US Certification, it takes all the bells and whistles out and gives you a luxurious bed at a fair price.
- Well, LUCID mattresses need no introduction. LUCID has mattresses of all shapes and sizes that are suitable for all kinds of sleepers.
- Among the firm, medium-firm, medium plush, and plush mattresses, LUCID’s Gel Memory Foam Mattress line make it one of the best mattress brands for back pain.
- LUCID gel memory foam mattress sleeps cool, provides great pressure relief, and, most importantly, won’t put a dent in your wallet.
- The TENCEL blend fabric cover creates a breathable air layer at the top and gives you a more relaxed feel, ideal for people with sleeping troubles.
- Best Part – It has no phthalates, ozone depleters, CFCs, mercury, formaldehyde, PBDEs, and low emission (VOCs).
- Antibacterial and hypoallergenic, the Classic Live and Sleep mattress are a must-have for the ones with allergies and sensitive skin.
- If you are someone who changes positions while sleeping, it is for you, too. It has a 2.5-inch layer of prime airflow infused pure Visco and a high-density support base that contours to your body.
- The removable and machine washable extra soft fabric cover comes from flex thread textiles.
- All foam layers of the Classic Live and Sleep mattress are CertiPUR-US® and OEKO-TEX® Certified.
- Other reasons that may seduce you to buy this best mattress brand: 20 years warranty, a trial period of 30 nights, and a free memory foam pillow.
- One of the top and most well-known mattress brands in Sealy.
- A Hybrid type mattress with four layers for an extra firm feel.
- Responsive cushioning and inner springs for durability and support.
- There are quantum edges on the perimeters, so you have the maximum sleeping area at your disposal all the way to the edge of the bed.
- It comes with a removable and washable comfort cover.
- Linenspa is another high end and well-known brand in mattresses.
- This is an 8-inch hybrid mattress with memory foam and supportive pocketed coil springs.
- It is finished off with a very cozy knit cover and a plush layer of memory foam underneath.
- It also features gel infusions, which helps to keep you cool during the night.
- The Tempur Pedic is one of the most luxurious and sought after mattresses that you will find.
- It is made from plush Tempur materials for body support and even weight dispersal.
- There is a cooling fabric cover that is lightweight, breathable, and infused with premium cooling technology.
- Layers and layers o comfort and support from super breathable and temperature regulating materials.
- This Original mattress from Tuft & Needle features a proprietary adaptive foam to keep you comfortable in every position.
- It provides pressure relief where you need it the most.
- The open-cell structure provides a flexible sleep surface that adjusts to the body throughout the night.
- It also pulls away heat with the help of cooling graphite and gel beads to keep you ventilated.
- It is made of four layers of zoned gel memory foam.
- The patented memory foam is designed to keep the body properly aligned and fully supported through the night.
- It provides targeted pressure relief and optimum airflow to keep you at a cool and comfortable temperature.
- It is designed to be flippable, as the top side is made of gel memory foam for comfort, whereas the bottom side is made of high-density form for firmness and support.
Index Table: Top Rated Mattress Brands
|1||Zinus Conforming Green Tea - Memory Foam||Zinus||98|
|2||SoundAsleep Products Dream Series - Air Mattress||SoundAsleep Products||98|
|3||Best Price Mattress Body-conforming - 10-Inch Memory Foam Mattress||Best Price Mattress||97|
|4||LUCID Gel Memory Foam - Medium Feel Mattress||LUCID||97|
|5||Live and Sleep Cool Bed in a Box - Medium Firm Mattress||Live and Sleep||98|
|6||Sealy Hybrid - Branded Mattress||Sealy||97|
|7||Linenspa 8 Inch - Hybrid Branded Mattress||Linenspa||98|
|8||Tempur-Pedic Tempur-Cloud - Memory Foam Branded Mattress||Tempur-Pedic||97|
|9||Tuft & Needle Original - Adaptive Memory Foam Mattress||Tuft & Needle||96.4|
|10||Sweetnight Gel - Memory Foam Mattress||Sweetnight||95.7|
Table of Contents
- How To Buy A Good Mattress
- Best Mattress Brands – Buying Consideration
- Mattress Myths To Bust This Year
- Reviews: Best Mattress Brands Online
- Zinus® Conforming Green Tea Memory Foam
- SoundAsleep Products® Dream Series Air Mattress
- Best Price Mattress® Body-conforming 10-Inch Memory Foam Mattress
- LUCID® Gel Memory Foam Medium Feel Mattress
- Live and Sleep® Cool Bed in a Box Medium Firm Mattress
- Sealy® Hybrid Branded Mattress
- Linenspa® 8 Inch Hybrid Branded Mattress
- Tempur-Pedic® Tempur-Cloud Memory Foam Branded Mattress
- Tuft & Needle® Original Adaptive Memory Foam Mattress
- Sweetnight® Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- Index Table: Top Rated Mattress Brands