We get it: finding the best mattress brands can be a slog. You visit multiple local stores and read a thousand reviews to find the best pick. Well, it doesn’t need to be that complicated.
We ranked the top 5 brands and their beds here. For more information on our picks and why we think they’re great, keep reading.
How To Buy A Good Mattress
You spent about 35 percent of your life sleeping. So, you shouldn’t just pick a mattress that comes with fancy ‘marketing tags.’ Here’s everything you need to know about buying a good mattress online.
- Check Reviews: Salesmen (and marketing slogans) will ramble on and on about a mattress that they’ve never slept on. So it’s better to trust the user’s words.
- Consult your doctor: Wondering why? Certain beds can help reduce lower back pain, body pain, and joint pain. It would be best to consider your allergies while buying a new bed. And, that’s where your doctor can give you the ‘right’ advice.
- Compare, Compare, Compare: Before you zero in on your mattress, do a comparative study. Try different brands and mattress types within the same brand. Then, align them with online reviews.
- Know the size: Twin, King, Queen, Full… the list goes on and on. Therefore, always enter the mattress hunting process with a clear idea of the mattress size.
Once you check these points, the next step is mattress brand consideration and evaluation.
Best Mattress Brands – Buying Consideration
Important specifications you should consider include material construction, firmness, and thickness. There are also performance factors like durability, conforming ability, temperature neutrality, and motion isolation. Additionally, we recommend you to check these:
- Sleep trial and return policy: Almost all online mattress companies offer sleep trials between 90 to 120 days. Some mattress brands have a break-in period as part of their return policy wherein you should sleep on their mattress for at least 30 days.
- Warranty: Most mattress warranties last at least ten years, and many covers for up to 20 years. Lifetime warranties – 25+ years – are somewhat common these days. What’s more important here is the non-prorated coverage period during which you can replace or repair defective beds for free.
- Specifications: Some mattress brands offer in-depth specs such as foam densities, layer thicknesses, cover fabrication, and more. Others do not really disclose these specs, leaving you with quizzical looks.
- Manufacturing quality: Material quality and fair manufacturing conditions are equally important in choosing the best mattress.
- Sustainability: Organic mattresses are having a moment. Certifications, such as the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) and Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS), can be used to confirm if the materials are sustainably sourced or not.
- Brand reputation: All the above factors add to a mattress brand’s reputation. And then, there are review sites that will tell you A-Z about the mattress brand.
Mattress Myths To Bust This Year
Now that you know how to pick the best brand, we’d want to share a few mattress myths as well.
The more coils, the better the mattress: Most top-rated innerspring mattresses contain 500 to 1200 coils. What matters here is the metal used and coil variations, not the coil count.
Gel is cool-cool: We have heard enough marketing claims about gel-infused foam providing a cooling effect for sleepers. In reality, they provide a comfortable sleep by retaining some warmth.
Additional lumbar support: Sure, there are mattresses designed for lower back pain people. But there’s no assurance that it will completely cure the pain and aches.
Reviews: Best Mattress Brands Online
- One of the best mattress brands available on the market, you’ll find a Zinus mattress in practically most ‘best mattress brand 2019’ lists online.
- Conforming Green Tea Memory Foam mattress is CertiPUR – the US Certified for durability, performance, and content. Plus, it’s an affordable natural mattress for your family.
- Three inches Memory Foam, 2 inches Comfort Foam, 3.5 inches Airflow High-density Foam, 3.5 inches Airflow High-density Base Support Foam. Sizes are subject to +/- 0.5 Inch
- It provides excellent pressure relief with four foam layers while still properly supporting your body. People with fibromyalgia, back, or joint pain seem to be great fans of this body-conforming, eco-friendly mattress.
- A safe and trustworthy anti-oxidant, all memory foam mattress by Zinus contains natural green tea extract to maintain long-lasting freshness.
- Originating from the parent company Somnio LLC, SoundAsleep Products is a New Jersey-centered mattress brand. Though they have a range of premium mattress lines, SoundAsleep Dream Series is the most popular one.
- Queen size Dream Series Air Mattress can be inflated up to 19″, making it a great option for individuals who prefer higher-profile beds.
- Featuring ComfortCoil Technology, this air mattress comes with 40 individual air coils to provide a flat, comfy sleeping surface.
- The bed has a waterproof flocked top to ensure good sleeping traction, which prevents sleepers from slipping off the bed.
- The best part – With one click, you can inflate or deflate the bed. The patented pump design is 20% quieter than the competitor models.
- Another user-friendly feature is its SureGrip Bottom. It provides a better suction grip and prevents mattress movement.
- Best Price Mattress offers mattresses, toppers, bed frames, pillows, and everything in between. Their line of memory foam and innerspring mattresses is touted not only for the restful sleep they guarantee but also for the price.
- One of the best-selling mattresses is the body-conforming 10-inch Memory foam mattress. It helps to isolate and reduce motion transfer between the sleeping partners.
- It has a 3″ memory foam layer, a 2″ comfort layer of softer foam with a pressure relief system, and a 5″ layer of more dense foam.
- With Poly-Jacquard fabric cover and CertiPUR-US Certification, it takes all the bells and whistles out and gives you a luxurious bed at a fair price.
- Well, LUCID mattresses need no introduction. LUCID has mattresses of all shapes and sizes suitable for all kinds of sleepers.
- LUCID’s Gel Memory Foam Mattress line makes it one of the best mattress brands for back pain among the firm, medium-firm, medium plush, and plush mattresses.
- LUCID gel memory foam mattress sleeps cool, provides great pressure relief, and, most importantly, won’t put a dent in your wallet.
- The TENCEL blend fabric cover creates a breathable air layer at the top and gives you a more relaxed feel, ideal for people with sleeping troubles.
- Best Part – It has no phthalates, ozone depleters, CFCs, mercury, formaldehyde, PBDEs, and low emission (VOCs).
- Antibacterial and hypoallergenic, the Classic Live and Sleep mattress are a must-have for those with allergies and sensitive skin.
- If you are someone who changes positions while sleeping, it is for you, too. It has a 2.5-inch layer of prime airflow infused pure Visco and a high-density support base that contours to your body.
- The removable and machine washable extra soft fabric cover comes from flex thread textiles.
- All foam layers of the Classic Live and Sleep mattress are CertiPUR-US® and OEKO-TEX® Certified.
- Other reasons that may seduce you to buy this best mattress brand: 20 years warranty, a trial period of 30 nights, and a free memory foam pillow.
- One of the top and most well-known mattress brands in Sealy.
- A Hybrid type mattress with four layers for an extra firm feel.
- Responsive cushioning and inner springs for durability and support.
- There are quantum edges on the perimeters, so you have the maximum sleeping area at your disposal all the way to the edge of the bed.
- It comes with a removable and washable comfort cover.
- Linenspa is another high-end and well-known brand in mattresses.
- This is an 8-inch hybrid mattress with memory foam and supportive pocketed coil springs.
- It is finished off with a very cozy knit cover and a plush layer of memory foam underneath.
- It also features gel infusions, which help keep you cool during the night.
- The Tempur Pedic is one of the most luxurious and sought-after mattresses you will find.
- It is made from plush Tempur materials for body support and even weight dispersal.
- A cooling fabric cover is lightweight, breathable, and infused with premium cooling technology.
- Layers and layers o comfort and support from super breathable and temperature regulating materials.
- This Original mattress from Tuft & Needle features a proprietary adaptive foam to keep you comfortable in every position.
- It provides pressure relief where you need it the most.
- The open-cell structure provides a flexible sleep surface that adjusts to the body throughout the night.
- It also pulls away heat with the help of cooling graphite and gel beads to keep you ventilated.
- It is made of four layers of zoned gel memory foam.
- The patented memory foam is designed to keep the body properly aligned and fully supported through the night.
- It provides targeted pressure relief and optimum airflow to keep you at a cool and comfortable temperature.
- It is designed to be flippable, as the top side is made of gel memory foam for comfort, whereas the bottom side is made of high-density form for firmness and support.
- The medium-firm mattress contours, cushions, and relieve the pressure points. It also ensures optimal spinal alignment to reduce aches and pains.
- With the 12-inch AS2, Amerisleep matress has a thick layer of plant-based memory foam with a supportive, high-quality base layer. Ideal for people with lower back pain and those who sleep on their back or stomach.
- The eco-friendly foam is breathable. From bottom to top, AS2 is comprised of a 7″ Bio-Core base layer, 3″ poly foam transition layer, and 2″ Bio-Pur memory foam layer.
- Available in Twin XL, California King, Full, King, Queen, and Twin sizes.
- Moreover, it bounces back to its original shape. If you shift positions frequently, you won’t get stuck in ruts.
- Being one of the best Dynasty Mattresses, it has been designed to breathe so that you remain calm throughout the night.
- Not to mention the mattress is foldable, and you can store it easily when not in use.
- The gel memory foam in the sofa mattress provides unmatched comfort and quality.
- Besides, the memory foam conforms to the body, aligning your neck and spine while you relax in a good night’s sleep.
- Moreover, this 2-inch gel plush memory foam layer has a 2.5-inch support base.
- This mattress is infused with Carbon microfibers that offer lightness, flexibility, strength, and durability.
- Serta Mattress Topper provides comfort by conforming to the contours of the body and regulating temperature for a cool nights’ sleep.
- The high‐density design provided a superior support curve, pressure relief in low compression zones, and added support in deeper ones.
- This mattress is breathable and made in the USA
- The Simmons Mattress includes an ultra-plush cover that is removable, machine-washable, and easy to maintain.
- It features a 3-inch thick plush memory foam, consisting of memory and comfort foam.
- This is a lightweight mattress designed to provide a comfortable lounging and sleeping space.
- It can be rolled up for transportation and compact storage.
The Zinus mattress is a comfortable spring mattress available in a ten or twelve-inch thickness selection.
- It is made from the finest quality Certi-Pur Certified foam that is durable and long-lasting.
- It comes with a worry-free 10-year limited warranty.
- Available in a ten or twelve-inch selection of thickness, which consists of the first layer of comfort foam, a layer of high-density foam, and a large base layer with individually wrapped coils to prevent motion transfer.
Index Table: Top Rated Mattress Brands
|1||Zinus Conforming Green Tea - Memory Foam||Zinus||98|
|2||SoundAsleep Products Dream Series - Air Mattress||SoundAsleep Products||98|
|3||Best Price Mattress Body-conforming - 10-Inch Memory Foam Mattress||Best Price Mattress||97|
|4||LUCID Gel Memory Foam - Medium Feel Mattress||LUCID||97|
|5||Live and Sleep Cool Bed in a Box - Medium Firm Mattress||Live and Sleep||98|
|6||Sealy Hybrid - Branded Mattress||Sealy||97|
|7||Linenspa 8 Inch - Hybrid Branded Mattress||Linenspa||98|
|8||Tempur-Pedic Tempur-Cloud - Memory Foam Branded Mattress||Tempur-Pedic||97|
|9||Tuft & Needle Original - Adaptive Memory Foam Mattress||Tuft & Needle||96.4|
|10||Sweetnight Gel - Memory Foam Mattress||Sweetnight||95.7|
|11||AMERISLEEP AS2 Memory Foam - Mattress||AMERISLEEP||98|
|12||Dynasty Mattress Gel Memory Foam - Sofa Mattress||Dynasty Mattress||98|
|13||Serta Carbon Dream - Memory Foam Mattress Topper||Serta||97.1|
|14||Simmons Siesta - Memory Foam Mattress||Simmons||96.5|
|15||Zinus iCoil - Extra Firm Mattress||Zinus||98|
Table of Contents
- How To Buy A Good Mattress
- Best Mattress Brands – Buying Consideration
- Mattress Myths To Bust This Year
- Reviews: Best Mattress Brands Online
- Zinus® Conforming Green Tea Memory Foam
- SoundAsleep Products® Dream Series Air Mattress
- Best Price Mattress® Body-conforming 10-Inch Memory Foam Mattress
- LUCID® Gel Memory Foam Medium Feel Mattress
- Live and Sleep® Cool Bed in a Box Medium Firm Mattress
- Sealy® Hybrid Branded Mattress
- Linenspa® 8 Inch Hybrid Branded Mattress
- Tempur-Pedic® Tempur-Cloud Memory Foam Branded Mattress
- Tuft & Needle® Original Adaptive Memory Foam Mattress
- Sweetnight® Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- AMERISLEEP® AS2 Memory Foam Mattress
- Dynasty Mattress® Gel Memory Foam Sofa Mattress
- Serta® Carbon Dream Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Simmons® Siesta Memory Foam Mattress
- Zinus® iCoil Extra Firm Mattress
- Index Table: Top Rated Mattress Brands