As a parent, safety for your children is made a top priority.
Ensuring safety and the best possible quality is imperative for positive development, especially for toddlers and infants.
This buyer’s guide is here to help you understand what makes the best safe toddler mattress, what kinds of toddler mattresses are available, and what their best features are.
Table of Contents
- The Best Kind of Back Support for Toddlers
- Risks Associated with Purchasing a Toddler Mattress
- The Best Toddler Mattress Qualities Money Can Buy
- Reviews: The Best Toddler Mattress
- Safety 1st® Toddler Bed Mattress Supportive Dual Sided Toddler Mattress
- Sealy® High Density Soy Mattress Soybean Foam Mattress for Toddlers
- Kolcraft® Innerspring Coil Toddler Mattress Waterproof
- Moonlight Slumber® Luxury Dreamer Dual Firmness Toddler Crib Mattress
- My First Mattress® Safe Density Foam Mattress Safe High Density Toddler Mattress
- Simmons® Slumbertime Toddler Mattress
- Graco® Premium Toddler and Kids Mattress
- Sweet Forest® Dual Side Toddler Gel Mattress
- Graco® Dual-Sided Premium Toddler Mattress
- Index Table: Top Rated Toddler Mattresses
The Best Kind of Back Support for Toddlers
The usual rule with children is that they need a firm, supportive mattress in the early development stages.
This aids the child in growing into a healthy posture and gives the best possible outcomes in the first part of life.
An infant requires the firmest type of crib mattress, whereas a toddler can use a little more cushioning in their mattress.
The back support’s firmness can be softened the older the child gets until they’re old enough to prefer the matter.
There are two commonly adopted types of crib mattresses that you can get for your toddler:
- Foam Crib Mattress – The foam mattress is great because it lasts long, is waterproof, and provides your toddler with firm back support. Foam is also usually cheaper to buy. Therefore, foam is also used in making twin mattresses for kids.
- Innerspring Crib Mattress – the innerspring crib mattress is similar to boxspring mattresses for adults, except that it’s a lot more stable with strict back support. The springs usually lie inside a wire box stuffed with cotton, wool, or foam.
Risks Associated with Purchasing a Toddler Mattress
There are two main risks of purchasing a mattress for your toddler or infant.
If you are a parent, you need to know these fatal risks!
- Sudden Infantile Death Syndrome (SIDS) – over the years, reports of infants and toddlers suddenly dying from a mysterious cause of death cropped up everywhere. Later research linked SIDS to toxicity and chemicals found in foam crib mattresses and other baby products. Most manufacturers took steps to ensure that foam mattresses were chemical-free after that point, but it’s advisable to cover your mattress in a thick cotton cover to make doubly sure.
- Suffocation – never purchase only a memory foam mattress or a soft mattress that allows the baby to ‘sink in.’ Many infants have died by leaving an impression in a mouldable mattress, which suffocates them. The best support for your infant’s posture is a firm mattress, which also prevents suffocation from occurring.
The Best Toddler Mattress Qualities Money Can Buy
Here are a few listed below if you want to know the best toddler mattress features.
- Organic Materials – organic materials such as wool or cotton make the best covers or stuffing for crib mattresses because they are guaranteed to be non-toxic. These materials are also impeccably soft and can be packed together for firmness. Ideal if your toddler is hypersensitive or allergic to anything.
- Waterproof – A waterproof crib mattress is very useful, especially if your bundle of joy is quite the mess maker! Waterproof crib mattresses often have other perks, such as being dust-mite-resistant, anti-fungal, and stain-proof.
- Removable Cover – A removable cover is a wise idea, as this makes cleaning much easier and keeps the mattress in perfect condition. Make sure not to use heavy cleaning detergents when cleaning the cover, or you may harm your child.
Reviews: The Best Toddler Mattress
Please look at our premium selection of safe toddler mattresses in the list below!
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- Here is a great mattress for toddlers and infants, with a reversible dual-sided option.
- The toddler side of the crib mattress has an added thin layer of cushioning so that your toddler sleeps more comfortably.
- The primary material used to construct the mattress is a high-density support foam certified free from harmful chemicals.
- The mattress is lightweight and will remain with you for many years.
- The quilted covering makes it more comfortable for the toddler to lie on the mattress, gently alleviating pressure points, if any.
- If you are looking for a more natural, firm-density mattress for your toddler, look no further!
- Sealy did a great job when they made this mattress, dispersing soybeans throughout the foam core center.
- This flexible crib mattress provides just the right support for toddlers.
- The foam in the mattress is certified to be free of Phthalates, lead, mercury, PBDEs, TDCPP, TCEP, and other chemicals.
- A waterproof cover surrounds the entire mattress, making it easy to wipe down clean and preventing dust, stains, mites, and more from ruining the mattress.
- This innerspring mattress contains 150 heavy gauge steel coils for the best back support a toddler could wish for.
- A thick hypoallergenic layer covers the mattress’s coils, making for a soft, spacious place for your toddler to sleep.
- Use this mattress for infants and toddlers up to 5 years old.
- It is covered in a waterproof cover for the easiest maintenance, lack of mold build-up, and complete stain resistance.
- Certified free of harmful chemicals and flame retardants, Green Guard is certified for having low air emissions.
- Comes included with a 10-year warranty.
- One of the most favored, safe-to-use toddler mattresses is the Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer, a dual foam firm mattress.
- The mattress is reversible, utilizing a different high-density foam on the toddler and infant sides.
- The toddler side of the mattress is softer than the infant side, providing gentle cushioning to the child.
- The hypoallergenic mattress has been treated with safe antimicrobial protection, allowing it to be free of mold.
- Wipe down the waterproof surface with a damp cloth to keep it clean.
- Certified to be free from all harmful and toxic chemicals substances, ensuring your toddler can sleep without worries.
- This is one of the few foam mattresses that include a very skinny 0.5-inch layer of gel memory foam, providing your toddler with unmatched comfort.
- The bottom layer consists of 4.5 inches of high-density foam, keeping your baby firmly supported during naptimes.
- The cover is waterproof, stain-resistant, and can be wiped clean. However, it is also removable and can be washed lightly in the washing machine.
- This toddler mattress is dust-mite resistant and 100% hypoallergenic.
- Certified free of lead, phthalates, and many other harmful toxins.
- This mattress is an excellent buy for multiple children and will last very long.
- Comes with a ten-year warranty.
- A completely non-toxic and chemical-free mattress option for toddlers and babies.
- Dual-sided with a firmer, more heavy-duty side for toddlers and a softer, more airy side for infants.
- Waterproof, so it is easily cleaned and maintained.
- Greenguard Gold is certified for quality natural materials and safety.
- This mattress has a removable and washable water-resistant cover, ideal for toddlers and young children.
- The ideal firmness for toddlers and young children.
- Safe and Greenguard certified in Gold for non-toxic and natural materials.
- This crib mattress features a dual side to suit the needs of a growing baby.
- The soft side is designed for toddlers to provide comfort, whereas the firm side supports infants.
- Its softer side is made of 1.5 inches of cool gel memory foam, skin-friendly, non-toxic, and temperature regulating.
- This mattress is breathable, and the firm side is made of 4 inches of high-density base support memory foam.
- This mattress features two unique sides to adapt to the needs of a growing baby.
- The infant side provides firmness to infants’ soft bodies, whereas the toddler side is comparatively softer for comfort.
- It comes with a 100% Polyester cover that is water-resistant, removable, and machine washable.
- This mattress is CertiPUR-US Certified, GREENGUARD Gold certified, JPMA certified, and free from prohibited phthalates, lead, and mercury.
Index Table: Top Rated Toddler Mattresses
|Safety 1st Toddler Bed Mattress - Supportive Dual Sided Toddler Mattress
|Sealy High Density Soy Mattress - Soybean Foam Mattress for Toddlers
|Kolcraft Innerspring Coil Toddler Mattress - Waterproof
|Moonlight Slumber Luxury Dreamer - Dual Firmness Toddler Crib Mattress
|My First Mattress Safe Density Foam Mattress - Safe High Density Toddler Mattress
|My First Mattress
|Simmons Slumbertime - Toddler Mattress
|Graco Premium - Toddler and Kids Mattress
|Sweet Forest Dual Side - Toddler Gel Mattress
|Graco Dual-Sided - Premium Toddler Mattress