Everyone needs a good night’s sleep. Teens too. So, where do you begin with the hunt for ideal mattress for teenager? What type of mattress is suited for a growing teen?
In this post, we’ll break down a list of mattresses for teens that we think are good options to buy this year. We’ll also go over the points you’ll want to consider when looking for a mattress for them.
How Much Sleep Does A Teenager Really Needs?
National Sleep Foundation says teenagers generally need 8-10 hours of sleep. However, most teens do not get enough sleep due to too much screen time or sleepover parties and games. Now add that to an uncomfortable mattress. Irregular sleep patterns can
- Limit their ability to be alert, focussed, and solve problems. Cognition impairment makes it more difficult to learn efficiently.
Make them forgetful. Deepest levels of sleep are essential for creating long-term memories, says Science.
Increase risk for diabetes and obesity in adulthood. Losing sleep also put them at high risk for other chronic health issues like heart diseases, irregular heartbeat, stroke and so on.
Cause accidents. Scientists say drowsiness from sleep deprivation slows reaction time as much as driving drunk.
Contribute to depression and anxiety. In fact, poor-quality sleep is one of the major symptoms of depression. Studies also showed that teens who sleep less are five times as likely to be depressed as those without.
Picking The Right Mattress Material For Teens
Memory Foam: Developed by NASA for astronauts, the memory foam mattress is the bang for your buck mattress. Your teenager gets excellent support for a growing body, and in most cases foam is hypoallergenic. Also, there won’t be a problem with sweating. The downside: off-gassing but the odor usually goes away in a week or so.
Spring: The innerspring is another popular mattress for teenager. Spring mattresses come in all firmness levels making them suitable for all types of sleepers. The downside: more inviting to mildew and dust mite and are pricey.
Latex: Latex comes in two different versions – synthetic and all-natural. We recommend all-natural latex mattresses because they are eco-friendly and exceedingly good quality. Not a downside as such, latex is the most expensive material. However, you get what you pay for.
Hybrid: The hybrid is an amalgamation of innerspring, memory foam and latex materials. For durability and body contouring, a memory foam – latex hybrid mattress is ideal. Whereas for edge support and body contouring, you may choose a combination of memory foam and innerspring.
Helpful Tips To Buy Mattress for Teenager
- Consider the size: Mattress size is important; no doubt your teen daughter/son is growing taller by the day, and so they’re likely to require more length, width, and space in coming years. Ideally, a queen or twin mattress should work.
Firmness: Sleeping position determines what firmness is required in the mattress. Side sleepers should opt for medium to a soft memory foam mattress because it will contour the body well. A firm mattress is ideal for stomach sleepers as it provides great support. Back sleepers are the lucky ones as they can choose almost any firmness.
Price Vs Quality: When it comes to mattress for teens, it’s ideal to go for the ones that balances price and quality. Whether you choose memory foam, latex or innerspring mattress, buy the brand that’s safety certified and offers durability.
Reviews: Best Mattress For Teenagers
Brentwood Home Cypress Mattress is suitable for all kinds of sleepers thanks to its medium firmness. If the teen sleep on her back, her spine will remain aligned and she won’t sink in.
The gel memory foam takes away the pressure and gives full support especially to the lower back area. It gently hugs the body, reduces tossing and turning, and motion transfer to provide a great night’s sleep.
It is very much breathable, wicks moisture, prevent odor and reduces the heat of the sleeping surface, allowing teens to sleep without getting sweat. All thanks to the natural New Zealand Wool.
Greenguard Gold certified and made with CertiPUR-US foams, it is the best non-toxic mattress for teenager. It is free of flame retardants, heavy metals, formaldehyde, and phthalates.
With 25-years guarantee and all the perks, it is well worth the asking price.
Olee Sleep’s hybrid mattresses are made of their signature Dura foam and Dura I-Gel foam, both of which known for their ultra soft texture and less greenhouse gas emission.
The mattress effortlessly adapts to the contours of the body allowing for restful sleep that a growing body could ever experience.
This premium quality hybrid mattress has a heavily quilted box top covering to reduce pressure points and to give back support.
The coils are all individually encased and wrapped for silent sleeping.
The best part – it comes at a cost-effective price and gives teens’ growing body the break it truly deserves.
The Tuft and Needle Twin XL large mattress is great for teenagers, providing excellent lumbar support, comfort, and breathability.
It maintains a good bounce for the bed to be comfortable for your teenager to relax and unwind after a busy day at school or college.
Irrespective of how many times they toss and turn, it provides excellent pressure relief and maintains good posture, even while sleeping.
The T&N adaptive foam in this mattress is infused with cooling gel and graphite designed so your teeny girl sleeps hot.
Tuft & Needle offers 100-night sleep trial and a 10-year warranty so your teenager will have plenty of time to decide whether she wants to keep it or not.
With breathable open-cell configuration, the Casper mattress has won the hearts of over a hundred thousand happy teens.
The body is well supported, the airflow is optimal, and comfort is excellent meaning your teens won’t be rolling around all night.
It has four layers of high-density foam and open cell technology, this cooling mattress provides great pressure relief as they sleep (think pain-free, sound sleep).
Another perk is the zip-off layer of hypoallergenic latex, making it easy to clean and keep dust- and mite free. Plus, it won’t irritate the sensitive skin.
What’s more, the layered foam design means it will continue to provide restful sleep for your teenager as she/he grows old, making this an excellent long-term investment.
Price Down, Quality Up – this is the best-selling mattress for teenager.
SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress is inflatable up to 19″, making it a great option for a teenager who prefers independence.
The bed has a waterproof flocked top that provides good traction for sleeping, which prevents them from slipping off.
This mattress is made with 40 individual air coils to provide a flat, comfy sleeping surface – thanks to the ComfortCoil Technology used.
With one-click toggle inflating and deflating are a breeze. The patented pump design is 20% quieter than the competitor models.
Another important feature is its SureGrip Bottom. It provides better suction grip and prevents mattress movement.
Backed by a limited one-year warranty, this air mattress is a teen’s best bet for sleepovers or camping.
- A 100% natural latex foam mattress that is completely hypoallergenic, natural and non-toxic.
- Comes with an organic cotton quilted cover that is soft and durable.
- Offer superb firm and comfortable support for young bodies.
- Greenguard Gold certified for no fire retardant chemicals or barrier cloths only all-natural fibers.
- A high quality and very innovative mattress design with all the benefits of memory foam and latex and less of the typical drawbacks such as overheating and heaviness.
- Coms at an affordable price for teenagers yet is still superb quality and offer excellent support and comfort.
- Comes risk free with a trail sleep period.
- A classic comfortable cooling gel memory foam mattress that is plush and comfortable.
- Made with premium pressure relief memory foam at a high density.
- Infused with cooling gell to prevent overheating and keep you cool.
- Very beautifully tailored and detailed with stretch knit fabric uppers and a waterfall design edge.
- The memory foam used is CertiPUR-Certified for purity and quality.
Index Table: Top Rated Mattress For Teenagers
|1||Brentwood Home Cypress - Mattress for Teenager||Brentwood Home||98|
|2||Olee Sleep Hybrid - Queen Mattress||Olee Sleep||98|
|3||Tuft and Needle Twin XL Bed in a Box - T&N Adaptive foam Mattress||Tuft and Needle||98|
|4||Casper Memory Foam - Mattress for teenagers||Casper||97|
|5||SoundAsleep Products Dream Series - Air Mattress||SoundAsleep Products||97|
|6||Pure Green Natural Latex - Teenagers Eco friendly Mattress||Pure Green||97|
|7||Tuft and Needle Nod - Innovartive Foam||Tuft and Needle||97|
|8||Classic Brands Cool gel - Cooling Teenage Mattress||Classic Brands||98|
Here are our top 5 picks for ‘THE BEST MATTRESS FOR KIDS‘.
Table of Contents
- How Much Sleep Does A Teenager Really Needs?
- Picking The Right Mattress Material For Teens
- Helpful Tips To Buy Mattress for Teenager
- Reviews: Best Mattress For Teenagers
- Brentwood Home® Cypress Mattress for Teenager
- Olee Sleep® Hybrid Queen Mattress
- Tuft and Needle® Twin XL Bed in a Box T&N Adaptive foam Mattress
- Casper® Memory Foam Mattress for teenagers
- SoundAsleep Products® Dream Series Air Mattress
- Pure Green® Natural Latex Teenagers Eco friendly Mattress
- Tuft and Needle® Nod Innovartive Foam
- Classic Brands® Cool gel Cooling Teenage Mattress
- Index Table: Top Rated Mattress For Teenagers