Finding the most comfortable mattress can be quite challenging, especially if you are sleep deprived!
The secret of ultimate comfort lies in density and thickness.
This article is here as a mattress buying guide for the best extra firm mattresses on the market.
Reviews: Best Extra Firm Mattress
Here below is our best extra firm mattress selection, specially compiled for your perusal.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- This mattress sets itself apart from the other spring mattresses out there, with individually wrapped iCoil pocketed springs.
- The wrapped coils mean that there is little to no motion transfer.
- The top layer is 1.5 inches of memory foam, resting on a secondary layer of 2.5 inches of firm, high-density foam.
- Keep your spine straight at night, sinking into this silent foam topped mattress.
- The mattress will last you at least a decade or two if kept in good condition.
- 10-year warranty.
- The Leesa Memory Foam mattress is three layers of specialised foam for optimal comfort coupled with support.
- The first layer of memory foam alleviates pressure points in the back and neck, allowing you to rest pain-free.
- The first layer of foam is also ventilated for the best heat dispersion and refreshing sleep.
- The second layer is made of unshaped memory foam, allowing you to sink into this firm mattress.
- The third layer is the biggest layer, made of high-density foam to keep your spine straight throughout the night.
- The Avena in the mattress makes this mattress more durable than others.
- You can return the product within 100 nights of sleep if you are not satisfied.
- This mattress is made from four layers of superior quality foam.
- The first and second layers are 1 and 2 inches of responsive soft memory foam, cradling your body all night long in a perfect position!
- The base consists of 3 inches of comfort foam combined with a 5-inch high-density support foam layer.
- Sleep in a way that aligns helps align your posture, and you wake up feeling more refreshed every day.
- This mattress was infused with natural ingredients to impart lasting freshness and antibacterial properties into the mattress.
- This exclusive mattress has an incredibly firm 7.5 inch high density foam base, making it optimal for back support.
- The top two layers of memory foam are made to provide the best ventilation for a light cool sleeping experience.
- The memory foam on top is extra soft to compensate for the mattress’s extra firmness and add extra comfort and coolness to your rest.
- The mattress comes with a one-of-a-kind stretch knit gusset air transfer technology, allowing heat to escape far more efficiently.
- The cover is also removable and machine washable.
- The mattress will last you years and comes with a 25-year warranty.
- This mattress is a very firm mattress, largely consisting of high density foam in its base 7 inch layer.
- The remaining 3 inches on the top layer consist of porous memory foam that you can sink into.
- The memory foam is gel-infused, allowing for a cooler night’s sleep as well as more efficient 3D body contouring.
- The cover is removable and is made from Tencel, which will eliminate excess moisture and expel heat.
- This mattress is ideal for those in need of pressure point relief and a good night’s sleep.
- A comfortable top foam layer from one inch of very high density and firm support foam.
- Inside is 7,5 inches of individually wrapped pocketed coils for spring and buoyancy.
- Offers extra firm support that is extra durable.
- Covered with a soft and smooth cover.
- A signature luxury designed firm mattress with supportive coils.
- Hybrid design with inner pocketed spring coils and top and bottom memory foam layers infused with cooling gel.
- Queen size design for all queen-sized beds.
- Safe and comfortable enough for children and adults alike.
- A top brand in mattresses with coil systems.
- Features the popular Posturepedic technology that improves spinal alignment and posture to relieve back and shoulder pain.
- Three inches of Sealy support foam in a firm feel with cooling Gel-infused memory foam.
- Air-cushioned foam and coil springs.
- Covered in a luxury soft and breathable soft knit fabric cover.
- This mattress is made from a blend of 5% Rayon, 30% Viscose, and 65% Polyester.
- It is designed with three layers of zone systems.
- The king-size mattress provides firmness to keep the body properly aligned and provides pressure relief.
- The 3-inch gel memory foam offers support and comfort, and heat dissipation to make it breathable.
- This mattress is designed to provide extra firm support to the body.
- It features a 5-inch thick layer of memory foam for the sole purpose of support and body alignment.
- The 1-inch layer of gel foam is designed for comfort and pressure point relief.
- It also offers a 4-inch thick layer of high-density base foam for proper back support to keep the body in optimum shape.
The Soft Mattress: A Leading Cause of Back Pain?
Many people are under the misguided impression that the softer a mattress is, the more comfortable it is.
As we get older, we understand the hard way that this is not the case.
Falling asleep on a soft mattress with no solid quality will lead to back and neck problems, especially for side sleepers.
Your spine needs to be straight when you sleep to ensure you can breathe properly and that circulation remains as free as possible.
Other problems that arise from having a soft mattress tend to be interrupted sleep or sleep that isn’t very deep, leaving one feeling less refreshed in the morning.
When your breathing or blood flow is blocked, you will likely not be receiving enough oxygen in your brain, which will disallow for proper rest.
The worst aspect of this is that these effects tend to accumulate, giving you a poor posture during the day and so on.
Why Would Having an Extra Firm Mattress Help Me to Sleep Better?
Extra firm mattresses have the density needed to hold up your weight and keep your spine straight.
This can resolve many hip aches, joint problems, burning or raw nerves, stiff muscles, and more.
Often we create our pressure points from incorrect posture, and sleeping in the correct posture tends to provide pressure point relief.
The main benefit of sleeping on an extra firm mattress is the reward of getting a deep night’s sleep.
When you sleep well, you work to reduce pain and your perception of pain, and you have more energy during the day.
The body needs a chance to rest to breathe better, have a better blood supply to the brain and body, and stress less.
Extra-firm density mattresses also tend to last much longer than soft mattresses, which are made to sink into, but they lose their plushness very quickly.
Features of a High Quality Extra Firm Mattress
The best extra firm mattresses available on the market at the moment usually have one or more of the following features:
- Orthotic Design – some extra firm mattresses come with notches, grooves or ridges in odd places. These are usually placed there to alleviate pressure points on your back and help to keep your spine in place. Take care that you are the right size if a mattress has an in-built body contour design.
- Memory Foam – everybody is looking to buy a memory foam mattress these days, and awareness of them is spreading like wildfire. Memory foam is a foam that sinks in and sets its shape to match a 3D outline of your body! This means that if you fall asleep on a memory foam mattress with a straight posture, you will be able to maintain it the entire night with maximum softness and optimum density. Memory foam mattresses are the best compromise between that desired softness we crave and the extra firmness we need.
- Multi-Layered – foam technology has not stopped at memory foam, however. Some mattresses have multiple foam layers, each designed with a function in mind to aid your sleep and reduce heat or pressure build-up.
Comparison Table: Best Extra Firm Mattress
Table of Contents
- Reviews: Best Extra Firm Mattress
- Zinus® Multi Layer Mattress Extra Firm Mattress on Sturdy Springs
- Leesa® Full Bodied Mattress Plush Extra Thick Firm Mattress for Back Support
- Zinus® Memory Foam Mattress Ultra Plush Firm Foam Mattress
- Perfect Cloud® Firm Gel Mattress Extra Firm Gel Infused Foam Mattress
- Lucid® Soft Support Mattress Extra Soft Mattress for Firm Back Support
- Zinus® iCoil Extra Firm Mattress
- Ashleigh Furniture® Signature Design Extra Firm Mattress
- Sealy® Posturepedic Firm Mattress
- Sweetnight Store® Breeze Firm Memory Foam Mattress
- Linenspa Store® Gel-Infused Firm Support Mattress
- The Soft Mattress: A Leading Cause of Back Pain?
- Why Would Having an Extra Firm Mattress Help Me to Sleep Better?
- Features of a High Quality Extra Firm Mattress
- Comparison Table: Best Extra Firm Mattress