For those of us who sleep on our sides and can’t seem to get a break from our hip pain, your mattress could be the main culprit!
Side sleepers who experience frequent hip pain will benefit in knowing what causes their hip pain, what they can do to remedy it and what exactly is the best mattress for side sleepers.
Why Side Sleeping Causes Hip Pain In The First Place
Side sleeping can result in neck pain, shoulder pain and hip pain.
The usual cause for side sleepers hip pain or any of these pains, however, is to do largely with incorrect posture.
When your spine is out of alignment, you put pressure on your entire skeletal structure and can send your hips, neck or any other part of your back out of alignment due to muscle compensation.
Side sleeping also may create hip pain if you have swollen glands or joints already in your hips.
Sleeping on these swollen hips (also known as hip bursitis) and placing pressure on them can result in increased hip and back pain by moving your spine out of the correct posture while the hips are out of shape.
Your hips or hip glands can be swollen due to allergies, illness, injury or detoxification.
If you suffer from acute, chronic hip pain, visit your local physician for a checkup.
Hip Pain Relief & Remedies for Side Sleepers
The two best remedies for hip pain would be to get a knee pillow and the right mattress for sleeping on your side.
The knee pillow will ensure your knees are kept at the right height and do not touch, while the best mattress for side sleeping with hip pain can help to hold good posture and provide the comfort desired.
These two remedies will also give you the ultimate pain relief while your hips are swollen and allow you to rest better.
Other treatments for hip pain include ice packs or hot water bottles, depending on the nature of the swelling.
If you suffer from chronic hip pain, hip exercises can help to increase blood flow and encourage glands to drain in that area.
This will, in turn, take pressure off your hips during the day or when you sleep a night.
Why Memory Foam Mattresses Are Simply the Best For Side Sleepers
- Full Body Contouring: Memory foam is unique in its ability to allow you to sink right into the mattress as it absorbs your body heat. It generates an exact 3D impression of your body in the mattress, allowing your hips and shoulders ample vertical space for side sleeping.
- Great Back Support: due to being able to conform to your body’s exact shape, memory foam can provide you with custom back support. It’s still firm enough to hold your hips and spine in the right alignment so you can rest and sleep fully.
- Cooling Gel Memory Foam: Memory foam can have cooling gel incorporated into it, which vastly improves your sleep by remaining cool all night long.
- Hypoallergenic: Memory foam is not known to trigger any allergy or allergic reaction, being anti-microbial too.
- Adaptable: the contouring properties of memory foam also allow you to comfortably change sleeping positions throughout the night without missing a wink of sleep.
Reviews: Top-Rated Mattresseses For Side Sleepers With Hip Pain
If you suffer from hip pain or are a side sleeper, any of the mattresses from our top-rated selection below will certainly aid you to sleep easier at night.
- Imagine yourself sinking into this dual-layered foam mattress, where the top layer is 2.5 inches of luxurious cooling memory foam and the base layer is 8.5 inches of high-density foam support.
- Sleep as if you are in a luxurious hotel or resort with ultimate back support, taking all pressure off of your spine and resulting in supreme comfort.
- The soft knit cover is breathable and disperses heat evenly, adding to the cooling gel effects of keeping you cooler throughout the night.
- Certified as safe and free from harmful metals and other chemical or artificial materials like phthalates.
- Adaptable to all sleeping positions, this mattress is brilliant for side sleeping, back pain and hip pain, relief.
- This triple layer bedtime support mattress is made from an indulgent 3-inch memory foam top layer that is further divided into a 1.5-inch layer of gel infused memory foam on top of a 1.5-inch layer of air flow foam technology.
- The underside provides you with 7 inches of high-density extra firm foam for perfect posture and back support.
- The memory foam is very luxurious and will take on your precise body shape while keeping it perfectly supported with good posture.
- The ideal mattress for side sleepers and back sleepers who experience hip and back pain.
- Certified to be 100% safe, hypoallergenic and without trace chemical or metal particles or harmful substances like Phthalates.
- This triple layer contour support memory foam design is made perfectly for side sleepers and will help provide back and hip pain relief to those who change sleeping positions.
- The first layer is a luxurious Tempurpedic 2.5-inch memory foam, which will conform to your shape and create optimal sleeping comfort.
- The second layer allows air to flow, being made of 2.5 inches of Air Channel Foam.
- The 9 inch under layer gives the mattress the right amount of density to support your spine in the correct posture and alleviate symptoms of hip, back and shoulder pain.
- The queen size for this product is sizable enough for you to change sleeping positions; however, this mattress is available in 4 other sizes.
- This mattress and all the other four sizes it’s available in have been clinically proven to promote fantastic sleep by providing pressure point relief for your back and hips.
- Certainly the best concerning price and value, the Englander Finale mattress consists of a cushy quilted top layer, a certified safe memory foam layer above a bed of springs.
- The memory foam layer sits at ±2 inches, enough to hold your shape perfectly and take pressure off the spine and hips.
- Each spring inside the mattress is individually wrapped, resulting in a far more silent spring mattress.
- This mattress is ideal for side, back or stomach sleepers who change sleeping positions or suffer from hip and back pain during the night.
- The top layer allows the mattress to stay cold and keeps you from sinking too far for those who are not used to the body-hugging properties of memory foam.
- This hip pain mattress topper will transform any mattress out there into a side sleepers dream.
- The topper is 4 inches thick, providing enough suspension for side sleepers who need to accommodate their hips and shoulders.
- The dual layer support comprises of a 2-inch layer of memory foam, nested on top of a 1.5-inch pressure relief comfort foam for firmer back and side support.
- The memory foam used in this product is more environmentally friendly, utilizing the latest memory foam technology ‘BioFoam’.
- This product has a fantastic 5year warranty and will need 48hours to expand to its final shape upon opening the packaging.
- The cover is fiber quilted, removable and 100% machine washable.
- The perfect addition for side sleepers, this topper, can make a cost-effective bedroom mattress addition to back and stomach sleepers too or those who change sleeping positions.
Index Table: Mattresseses for Side Sleepers and Hip Pain
|1||Resort Sleep Extra Thick Memory Foam - Luxury Stay Cool Hip Pain Relief Memory Foam Mattress||Resort Sleep||97|
|2||Advanced Sleeping Solutions Tri-Density Memory Foam - Triple Layered Side Sleepers Mattress For Hip Pain||Advanced Sleeping Solutions||98|
|3||Sleep Innovations Tri-Layered Foam - Ultra Plush Side Sleep Support Memory Foam Mattress||Sleep Innovations||96|
|4||Englander Online Finale Memory Foam Spring - Hip Protective Supreme Side Sleeper Spring Mattress||Englander Online||95|
|5||Zinus Soft Density Memory Foam - Hip Pressure Relief Mattress Topper for Side Sleepers||Zinus||96|
Table of Contents
- Why Side Sleeping Causes Hip Pain In The First Place
- Hip Pain Relief & Remedies for Side Sleepers
- Why Memory Foam Mattresses Are Simply the Best For Side Sleepers
- Reviews: Top-Rated Mattresseses For Side Sleepers With Hip Pain
- Resort Sleep® Extra Thick Memory Foam Luxury Stay Cool Hip Pain Relief Memory Foam Mattress
- Advanced Sleeping Solutions® Tri-Density Memory Foam Triple Layered Side Sleepers Mattress For Hip Pain
- Sleep Innovations® Tri-Layered Foam Ultra Plush Side Sleep Support Memory Foam Mattress
- Englander Online® Finale Memory Foam Spring Hip Protective Supreme Side Sleeper Spring Mattress
- Zinus® Soft Density Memory Foam Hip Pressure Relief Mattress Topper for Side Sleepers
- Index Table: Mattresseses for Side Sleepers and Hip Pain