Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Your mattress could be the main culprit for those who sleep on our sides and can’t seem to get a break from our hip pain!
Side sleepers who experience frequent hip pain will benefit from knowing what causes their hip pain, what they can do to remedy it, and what exactly is the best mattress for side sleepers.
Why Side Sleeping Causes Hip Pain In The First Place
Side sleeping can result in neck pain, shoulder pain, and hip pain.
However, the usual cause for side sleepers, hip pain, or any of these pains is largely due to incorrect posture.
When your spine is out of alignment, you put pressure on your entire skeletal structure and can send your hips, neck, or any other part of your back out of alignment due to muscle compensation.
Side sleeping also may create hip pain if you have swollen glands or joints already in your hips.
Sleeping on these swollen hips (also known as hip bursitis) and placing pressure on them can result in increased hip and back pain by moving your spine out of the correct posture while the hips are out of shape.
Your hips or hip glands can be swollen due to allergies, illness, injury, or detoxification.
If you suffer from acute, chronic hip pain, visit your local physician for a checkup.
Hip Pain Relief & Remedies for Side Sleepers
The best remedies for hip pain would be getting a knee pillow and the right mattress for sleeping on your side.
The knee pillow will ensure your knees are kept at the right height and do not touch, while the best mattress for side sleeping with hip pain can help to hold good posture and provide the comfort desired.
These two remedies will also give you the ultimate pain relief while your hips are swollen and allow you to rest better.
Other hip pain treatments include ice packs or hot water bottles, depending on the swelling.
If you suffer from chronic hip pain, hip exercises can increase blood flow and encourage glands to drain in that area.
This will, in turn, take the pressure off your hips during the day or when you sleep a night.
Why Memory Foam Mattresses Are Simply the Best For Side Sleepers
- Full Body Contouring: Memory foam is unique in its ability to allow you to sink right into the mattress as it absorbs your body heat. It generates an exact 3D impression of your body in the mattress, allowing your hips and shoulders ample vertical space for side sleeping.
- Great Back Support: due to being able to conform to your body’s exact shape, memory foam can provide you with custom back support. It’s still firm enough to hold your hips and spine in the right alignment, so you can rest and sleep fully.
- Cooling Gel Memory Foam: Memory foam can have cooling gel incorporated into it, which vastly improves your sleep by remaining cool all night long.
- Hypoallergenic: Memory foam is not known to trigger any allergy or allergic reaction, being anti-microbial too.
- Adaptable: the contouring properties of memory foam also allows you to comfortably change sleeping positions throughout the night without missing a wink of sleep.
Reviews: Best Mattresses For Side Sleepers With Hip Pain
If you suffer from hip pain or are a side sleeper, any of the mattresses from our top-rated selection below will certainly aid you in sleeping easier at night.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- Imagine yourself sinking into this dual-layered foam mattress. The top layer is 2.5 inches of luxurious cooling memory foam, and the base layer is 8.5 inches of high-density foam support.
- Sleep as if you are in a luxurious hotel or resort with ultimate back support, taking all pressure off your spine and resulting in supreme comfort.
- The soft knit cover is breathable and disperses heat evenly, adding to the cooling gel effects of keeping you cooler throughout the night.
- Certified as safe and free from harmful metals and other chemical or artificial materials like phthalates.
- This mattress is adaptable to all sleeping positions and is brilliant for side sleeping, back pain, and hip pain relief.
- This mattress is designed with a perfect top layer to support body weight.
- It allows the body to maintain shape and relieves the hip and leg areas.
- It features a 1-inch layer of 8 ILD soft memory foam and an inch of 25 ILD HD foam to prevent deflection of memory foam.
- It also includes a 1-inch layer of gel foam that disperses the accumulated temperature for optimum temperature and air regulation.
- This triple-layer contour support memory foam design is made perfectly for side sleepers and will help provide back and hip pain relief to those who change sleeping positions.
- The first layer is a luxurious Tempurpedic 2.5-inch memory foam, which will conform to your shape and create optimal sleeping comfort.
- The second layer allows air to flow and is made of 2.5 inches of Air Channel Foam.
- The 9-inch under layer gives the mattress the right amount of density to support your spine in the correct posture and alleviate hip, back, and shoulder pain symptoms.
- This product’s queen size is sizable enough for you to change sleeping positions; however, this mattress is available in 4 other sizes.
- This mattress and all the other four sizes available have been clinically proven to promote fantastic sleep by providing pressure point relief for your back and hips.
- Certainly, the best concerning price and value, the Englander Finale mattress consists of a cozy quilted top layer, a certified safe memory foam layer above a springs bed.
- The memory foam layer sits at ±2 inches to hold your shape perfectly and take the pressure off the spine and hips.
- Each spring inside the mattress is individually wrapped, resulting in a far more silent spring mattress.
- This mattress is ideal for side, back, or stomach sleepers who change sleeping positions or suffer from hip and back pain during the night.
- The top layer allows the mattress to stay cold and keeps you from sinking too far for those not used to memory foam’s body-hugging properties.
- This hip pain mattress topper will transform any mattress out there into a side sleeper’s dream.
- The topper is 4 inches thick, providing enough suspension for side sleepers who need to accommodate their hips and shoulders.
- The dual-layer support comprises a 2-inch layer of memory foam nested on top of a 1.5-inch pressure relief comfort foam for firmer back and side support.
- This product’s memory foam is more environmentally friendly, utilizing the latest memory foam technology ‘BioFoam.’
- This product has a fantastic 5year warranty and will need 48hours to expand to its final shape upon opening the packaging.
- The cover is fiber quilted, removable, and 100% machine washable.
- The perfect addition for side sleepers, this topper can make a cost-effective bedroom mattress addition to back and stomach sleepers, too, or those who change sleeping positions.
- This is a top-of-range Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress topper in all its glory.
- The topper has 2.5 inches of memory foam, so you can easily revamp your old or hard mattress.
- The design offers superb ventilation and reduces trapped body heat.
- The memory foam is Certified by CertiPUR US for performance and safety.
- Thus, the Memory foam provides a more moldable and comfortable position for sleeping on your side, giving a more natural posture, and preventing hip pain.
- The Zinus consists of four layers of foam, including responsive memory foam in the first layers and an additional three-layered firmer foam base combined with a further five layers of very dense firm base foam.
- The Zinus aids in positioning and creating a better sleeping posture, preventing hip pain and pressure.
- The ideal mattress for sleeping on your side or back helps to align your spine naturally.
- The Green tea and charcoal infusion keep the mattress fresh and bacteria-free.
- A perfect sleeping experience on your side with no hip pain for the Perfect Cloud Mattress.
- A Quilted plush air-infused 1-inch foam layer, then 1.5 inches of ventilated foam, followed by 2 inches of gel-infused cooling and moldable memory foam, and lastly, a 7.5-inch firm and supportive base foam layer.
- This mattress likewise aids in reducing pressure and nervous tension for a better sleeping experience.
- It comes with a premium textile stretch knit fabric cover that is soft and breathable.
- This mattress is designed for side sleepers to provide relief from hip pain.
- It is 5.5 inches thick and made with high-quality steel coils.
- This mattress is designed to increase airflow, isolate motion, conform to individual sleep styles, and is breathable.
- The plush memory foam layer is topped with natural latex for the perfect combination of support and comfort.
Index Table: Mattresseses for Side Sleepers with Hip Pain
Table of Contents
- Why Side Sleeping Causes Hip Pain In The First Place
- Hip Pain Relief & Remedies for Side Sleepers
- Why Memory Foam Mattresses Are Simply the Best For Side Sleepers
- Reviews: Best Mattresses For Side Sleepers With Hip Pain
- Resort Sleep® Extra Thick Memory Foam Luxury Stay Cool Hip Pain Relief Memory Foam Mattress
- Olee Sleep Store® Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress
- Sleep Innovations® Tri-Layered Foam Ultra Plush Side Sleep Support Memory Foam Mattress
- Thrive® Finale Memory Foam Spring Hip Protective Supreme Side Sleeper Spring Mattress
- Zinus® Soft Density Memory Foam Hip Pressure Relief Mattress Topper for Side Sleepers
- Best Price Mattresses® Foam Hip Pain Relief Matress Topper
- Zinus® Firm Memory Foam Mattress Side Sleeper Hip Pain Foam Mattress
- Perfect Cloud® Elegance Memory Foam Side Sleeper with Hip Pain Mattress
- LUCID® Hybrid Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Index Table: Mattresseses for Side Sleepers with Hip Pain