Floor mattresses have many applications, from sleeping at home or campsite, or even a casual reading spot, or a place for the kids to play on. But finding a good one is easier said than done.
But not anymore! We have found the best floor mattresses available on Amazon. All you have to do is look at these mattresses and choose the one that aptly fits in your checklist. Have a look!
What to look for in a Floor Mattress
Since not all floor mattresses are the same, here are the top things to consider before buying one.
- Thickness – The thickness of a mattress is one of the most personal aspects to be considered. Choose your mattress, depending on the level of thickness you are comfortable with.
- Material – Floor mattresses are made of different materials like Foam, wool, gel-infused, etc. Thus make sure that the mattress you choose is made of your favorite materials.
- Weight – Since floor mattresses need to be moved around, weight is an important issue. If your mattress is too heavy, it will become hard for you to deal with it daily.
- Storage – Most floor mattresses are foldable or rollable, and also come with storage bags. But still, ensure that your mattress comes with these benefits so that storage doesn’t become a headache.
- Bottom – The floor mattress’s bottom must ideally be anti-skid and waterproof.
Benefits of a Floor Mattress
Have a look at the top reasons for investing in a floor mattress. Who knows, you might find another application by which these mattresses can ease your life.
- Budget Friendly – Floor mattresses are a boon for minimalist and small budget users. Especially if you are a student living in a dorm, or just rented an apartment, you can use these mattresses without investing in a bed.
- Versatile – These floor mattresses, apart from using on the floor for sleeping, a quick nap, or just relaxing, can also be used on the bed.
- Space Friendly – Since most of these are foldable, you can easily store them when not in use.
- Portable – Most floor mattresses come with travel bags and are lightweight, and you can easily carry them to your picnic spots and cap grounds.
The Goods and Bads of Floor Mattresses
Check the following to know the advantages and disadvantages of using a floor mattress.
- Inexpensive – Floor mattresses are relatively inexpensive in comparison to full-fledged mattresses for beds.
- Space Saving – Most floor mattresses are either foldable or rollable and can be conveniently stored in a bag.
- Thinner – If you compare the thickness of a floor mattress and the one used on a bed, you will need a higher floor mattress thickness for better support.
- Close to floor dust – Sleeping close to the floor exposes one to the dust mites on the floor and also to the insects and bugs that crawl on the floor.
Reviews: Best Floor Mattress
Below is the list of best floor mattresses. But before you go through the list, we would like to inform you that we may earn a part of the profit for every purchase made via links on this page.
- A cool floor mattress that comes along with a waterproof cotton terry sheet and an anti-skid water-resistant bottom, is one of the best options for you here.
- The 3″ memory foam offers superior sleep time comfort and high durability.
- This Better Habitat floor mattress helps reduce joint pain and improves your health and mobility while sleeping.
- Besides, the hypoallergenic cover keeps the mattress safe from dust mites, bacteria, allergens, and even mold.
- However, the best part is that you can hold this mattress easily and within minutes, and you may also store it in the bag that comes along with it.
- Additionally, it is free of Vinyl, PVC, and phthalates, and the cover is machine washable.
- Available in twin and single sizes, this floor mattress by Willpo is great for sleeping on the floor, at the campsite, and even RV. Or perhaps for a guest bed!
- The high-density foam offers quite a resilient comfort that feels comfortable to sleep on without having to toss or turn at night. So irrespective of the floor or terrain, peaceful sleep is ensured.
- If you are using double mattresses, they can easily connect via velcro fasteners, while the bottom of this mattress features non-slip waterproof points.
- The top side has a special soft velboa and TPU coating that makes this floor mattress waterproof.
- Certipur-US test the foam, and it also comes with a travel bag, which doubles up as a storage bag.
- This 4″ floor mattress by Olee Sleep is covered in a 100% Polyester fabric that is well known for its durability.
- When folded, this mattress can double as a soft stool, while when you unfold it, it doubles as a mattress for guests or the kids to play or read a book.
- Besides, the foam is good enough to ensure that you have a sound sleep without any backaches or tossing.
- 3″ thick plush mattress is made of both memory foam and comfort foam for an extra comfort sleep, on any surface.
- Besides, the brand claims that when not in use, you can roll it up to a minimum diameter of 12″ and place it in the storage bag that comes with this mattress.
- Additionally, the bag is plush and can be washed in the machine, and since it is lightweight, you can easily carry it to your camping trips without storage space or weight issues.
- For an extra plush and luxurious feel while sleeping this mattress is made of cotton and memory foam, covered in a 100% Cotton fabric.
- It is quilted for extra comfort and a plush feel, making the middle layer non-collapsible.
- It has five layers, namely, brushed cotton cover on top, soft microfiber cotton, memory foam, soft microfiber cotton, and lastly, and again the brushed cotton fabric cover.
- However, you will also be happy to learn that this mattress brings along one dustproof mattress cover, a pair of bandages, and one canvas storage bag.
- Besides, it is truly versatile and can be used for various purposes, from a futon to a floor mattress or even a camping mattress.
- Sandwich quilting on this three piece floor mattress ensures that the thickness is maintained even after long term use.
- It can be folded in three, and easily stored besides, being easy to carry due to its lightweight.
- This mattress excellently supports your back with its soft quilting and 100% cotton outer fabric.
- It is available in all – twin, full, and queen sizes.
Index Table: Top-Rated Floor Mattress
|1||Better Habitat CertiPUR-US - Memory Foam Floor Mattress||Better Habitat||98.2|
|2||Willpo Curved Edge - Damp-Proof Floor Mattress||Willpo||98|
|3||Olee Sleep Tri-Folding - Memory Foam Floor Mattress||Olee Sleep||96|
|4||Simmons BeautySleep - 3 inch Single Floor Mattress||Simmons||96|
|5||MAXYOYO Versatile - Tatami Floor Mattress||MAXYOYO||95|
|6||EMOOR Round - Japanese Floor Mattress||EMOOR||97|
Table of Contents
- What to look for in a Floor Mattress
- Benefits of a Floor Mattress
- The Goods and Bads of Floor Mattresses
- Reviews: Best Floor Mattress
- Index Table: Top-Rated Floor Mattress