Whether you’re searching for the best latex mattress or just want to learn more about latex mattresses in general, this article is for you!
We’ll discuss a brief buying guide, some of the pros and cons of this bedding material, and then wrap up with our top 5 latex mattress picks.
Pros and Cons Of Latex Mattress
- Contours to the body for better spinal support and pain and pressure relief
- Absorbs and isolates motion transfer, that means disruption-free sleep.
- Produced very little to no noise
- Naturally hypoallergenic and dust-, mold- and mildew-resistant
- Be it natural, synthetic or blended latex mattresses, there is an off-gassing smell
- Not bouncy enough as a foam mattress
- Little to no edge support. Over time, it may cause sinkage.
- Pretty expensive
Questions To Ask Before You Buy A Latex Mattress
We encourage you to find answers to the questions outlined below before shopping for the best latex mattress online.
- Is latex organic, natural, blended, or all-synthetic?
- Which process is used for deriving the natural latex – Dunlop or Talalay process?
- What is the ILD rating of the latex mattress?
- Composition details of the support core, middle layers, and mattress cover?
- What is the thickness of the mattress?
- How strong or persistent are the latex mattress’s off-gassing smells?
- Is there a trial period for testing out? If yes, then what are the terms and conditions?
- Does the mattress come with a warranty?
All About ILD (Impression Load Deflection)
ILD (Impression Load Deflection) is nothing but a rating standard that measures the softness and firmness of a latex mattress. The rating varies depending on the latex type used.
For example, Talalay latex has a lower ILD rating than Dunlop variety. Similarly, natural and organic latex will have a lower ILD rating than the blended and synthetic forms.
- Very Soft: With an ILD rating of 16 and below, these mattresses will sink extremely low. Ideal for back or side sleepers.
- Soft: They have an ILD score of 19 to 21; sink considerably beneath; suitable for back or side sleepers.
- Medium: ILD score of 24 to 26; balances softness and firmness; suitable for most side sleepers.
- Medium-Firm: They have an ILD score of 29 to 31; provide firm support with minimal sinking. Great for back or stomach sleepers.
- Firm: ILD score 34 to 36; firm with little to no sinking; best for back sleepers.
- Very Firm: They usually have ILD score 39 and up; extremely firm with zero sinkings; ideal for back sleepers.
Reviews: The Best Latex Mattresses
- Meet one of world’s most comfortable and healthiest latex mattress by Zenhaven.
- Made of 100% TALALAY latex, it has a unique 5-Zone comfort layer that supports the proper neck, shoulder, and spine alignment.
- It has an open-cell structure for a free flow of air. It counters body heat and provides a super cool, breathable sleep experience.
- Featuring advanced 2-in-1 comfort technology, you can choose between a gentle firm or luxury plush firmness just by flipping this mattress over.
- Its hypoallergenic properties prevent mold as well as dust mites.
- Above all, Zenhaven will treat you with a 120-night trial, free shipping & setup, a 15-year warranty, and 24/7 customer service.
- Made with 100% natural latex extracted from Thailand’s rubber tree, it gently cradles sleepers while providing excellent support, pressure relief, temperature regulation and comfort.
- People who are allergic to chemicals and strong odors are likely to find it the best bet. Because of its natural and organic materials, there is no odor, toxic chemicals, or pesticides to worry about.
- It has a spring support layer to resist sinking and sagging. It also provides localized bounce so you can move in the bed without disturbing your partner.
- The mattress has Cashmere Goat Wool as the cover and high-density organic cotton fiber as fireproof lining. It is TX- CFR 1633 certified as well.
- Handcrafted to give the right amount of softness and support using plant-derived, 100% natural latex, this mattress from PlushBeds has zero fillers or petroleum-based substitutes.
- An eco-friendly option with a little hefty price tag, this one conforms closely and reduces pressure points in the body. It also supports your shoulders, hips, back, and knees.
- Additionally, they isolate motion transfer and produce no noise when bearing weight.
- GreenGuard Gold and CertiPur Certified PlushFoam, it comes with medium firmness – 4.5″ thickness.
- Supporting up to 250 lbs., it doesn’t discolor or sag. Plus, it is hypoallergenic, anti-microbial, dust mite, and mildew resistant, too.
- The mattress is available in Twin, Twin Wide, Full, Queen, Full Wide, and Queen Wide options.
- We would be remiss if we don’t include this budget option by Linenspa. It is medium firm and soft enough to please your back, neck and shoulders.
- The Linenspa 10-Inch Latex Hybrid Mattress is made with 7-inch high individually encased coils topped by 2-inch latex and a 1-inch memory foam quilted cover.
- It is temperature neutral and offers good breathability. It is quite good at dissipating body heat.
- Though we do not know whether the Dunlop or Talalay method is used in bringing out this good quality latex mattress, it is suitable for back, side, and stomach sleepers.
- Backed by a 10-year warranty against manufacturing defects, you won’t regret buying this one.
- If comfort and all-natural tag motivate you to shop for a latex mattress, try Pure Green Natural Latex Mattress. It is the best organic latex mattress available online.
- It is made with 100% natural latex (Dunlop). Instead of traditional fire-retarding chemicals, it has organic wool as a natural fire barrier.
- Soft, comfortable organic cotton fabric is used to make its sides and back. This all-natural Dunlop latex offers better support and durability.
- Best suited for side sleepers and stomach sleepers, it is great in relieving neck and back pain. It neutralizes the pressure points, too.
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified by UL, it doesn’t require assembly.
- All-natural and organic pure latex are used to fill the Pure Green mattress.
- No Polyfoam, synthetics, chemicals, or blends are used in this mattress.
- A Quilted cover made from organic cotton and New Zealand wool that is breathable and soft.
- Offer firm and reliable support.
- Greeguard Certified that there are no chemicals used in the product.
- A budget-friendly natural latex mattress in a Twin XL size.
- It is filled with 6 inches of 100% natural Dunlop latex in a firm 85 density and two inches of 100% natural Talay latex in a medium-density on the top layer.
- The cover consists of 100% natural soft wool.
- There are two sides offering you the option of a firm or medium support.
- Handcrafted to perfection in the USA>
- A ten-inch latex mattress with a hybrid design that included pocketed coils for better support in the center of the mattress.
- The latex used is temperature neutral and will not overheat like memory foam.
- Offers medium to firm support and comfort.
- This mattress comes with a free trial period.
- This mattress measures 39 x 80 x 12 inches in size.
- The latex mattress is designed to fit box spring, platform, metal grid, slatted, and adjustable bed bases.
- It features gel memory foam that dissipates body heat and provides temperature regulation.
- It also provides pressure point relief to create a comfortable sleeping environment by relaxing the body.
- This mattress features a layer of 1.8lbs air memory foam that conforms to the body and soothes it.
- The base layer is made of 1.8lbs of high-density foam that provides stability, spinal alignment, and pressure point relief to a weary body.
- It comes encased in a zippered cover to protect it from moisture and damage.
- It is 9 inches thick and measures 60 x 80 inches in size.
Index Table: Top 5 Latex Mattresses
|1||Harvest Green All-Natural - Latex Mattress||Harvest Green||98.6|
|2||Sunrising Bedding Natural - Latex Hybrid Mattress||Sunrising Bedding||98|
|3||PlushBeds Natural - Latex Sofa Bed Mattress||PlushBeds||97|
|4||Linenspa Latex Hybrid - Mattress||Linenspa||97|
|5||Sleep On Latex Pure Green - Natural Latex Mattress||Sleep On Latex||97|
|6||Pure Green Sleep on Latex - Queen Sized Latex Mattress||Pure Green||97|
|7||Latex for Less Twin XL - Organic Natural Latex Mattress||Latex for Less||98|
|8||Linenspa Hybrid - Hybrid Latex Mattress||Linenspa||97|
|9||LUCID Hybrid - Latex Mattress||LUCID||96.5|
|10||AC Pacific Gel-Infused - Latex Infused Mattress||AC Pacific||96.2|
Table of Contents
- Pros and Cons Of Latex Mattress
- Questions To Ask Before You Buy A Latex Mattress
- All About ILD (Impression Load Deflection)
- Reviews: The Best Latex Mattresses
- Harvest Green® All-Natural Latex Mattress
- Sunrising Bedding® Natural Latex Hybrid Mattress
- PlushBeds® Natural Latex Sofa Bed Mattress
- Linenspa® Latex Hybrid Mattress
- Sleep On Latex® Pure Green Natural Latex Mattress
- Pure Green® Sleep on Latex Queen Sized Latex Mattress
- Latex for Less® Twin XL Organic Natural Latex Mattress
- Linenspa® Hybrid Hybrid Latex Mattress
- LUCID® Hybrid Latex Mattress
- AC Pacific® Gel-Infused Latex Infused Mattress
- Index Table: Top 5 Latex Mattresses