Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Whether you’re searching for the best latex mattress or want to learn more about latex mattresses in general, this article is for you!
We’ll discuss a brief buying guide, some of the pros and cons of this bedding material, and then wrap up with our top 5 latex mattress picks.
Pros of Latex Mattress
- Contours to the body for better spinal support and pain and pressure relief.
- Absorbs and isolates motion transfer, which means disruption-free sleep.
- It produced very little to no noise.
- Naturally hypoallergenic and dust, mold, and mildew-resistant.
Cons of Latex Mattress
- Natural, synthetic, or blended latex mattresses have an off-gassing smell.
- Not bouncy enough as a foam mattress.
- Little to no edge support.
- Over time, it may cause sinkage.
- Pretty expensive.
Questions To Ask Before You Buy A Latex Mattress
We encourage you to find answers to the questions outlined below before shopping for the best latex mattress online.
- Is latex organic, natural, blended, or all-synthetic?
- Which process derives the natural latex – Dunlop or Talalay process?
- What is the ILD rating of the latex mattress?
- Composition details of the support core, middle layers, and mattress cover?
- What is the thickness of the mattress?
- How strong or persistent are the latex mattress’s off-gassing smells?
- Is there a trial period for testing out? If yes, then what are the terms and conditions?
- Does the mattress come with a warranty?
All About ILD (Impression Load Deflection)
ILD (Impression Load Deflection) is nothing but a rating standard that measures a latex mattress’s softness and firmness. The rating varies depending on the latex type used.
For example, Talalay latex has a lower ILD rating than the Dunlop variety. Similarly, natural and organic latex will have a lower ILD rating than blended and synthetic forms.
- Very Soft: These mattresses will sink extremely low with an ILD rating of 16 and below. Ideal for back or side sleepers.
- Soft: They have an ILD score of 19 to 21, sink considerably beneath, and are suitable for back or side sleepers.
- Medium: ILD score of 24 to 26; balances softness and firmness; suitable for most side sleepers.
- Medium-Firm: They have an ILD score of 29 to 31; provide firm support with minimal sinking. Great for back or stomach sleepers.
- Firm: ILD score 34 to 36; firm with little to no sinking; best for back sleepers.
- Very Firm: They usually have an ILD score of 39 and up; extremely firm with zero sinkings; ideal for back sleepers.
Reviews: The Best Latex Mattresses
We hope you love the mattresses we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- If comfort and an all-natural tag motivate you to shop for a latex mattress, try Pure Green Natural Latex Mattress. It is the best organic latex mattress available online.
- It is made with 100% natural latex (Dunlop). Instead of traditional fire-retarding chemicals, it has organic wool as a natural fire barrier.
- The soft, comfortable organic cotton fabric makes its sides and back. This all-natural Dunlop latex offers better support and durability.
- It is best suited for side and stomach sleepers and is great for relieving neck and back pain. It neutralizes the pressure points, too.
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified by UL, it doesn’t require assembly.
- Made with 100% natural latex extracted from Thailand’s rubber tree, it gently cradles sleepers while providing excellent support, pressure relief, temperature regulation, and comfort.
- People who are allergic to chemicals and strong odors are likely to find it the best bet. Because of its natural and organic materials, there is no odor, toxic chemicals, or pesticides to worry about.
- It has a spring support layer to resist sinking and sagging. It also provides a localized bounce so you can move in the bed without disturbing your partner.
- The mattress has Cashmere Goat Wool as the cover and high-density organic cotton fiber as a fireproof lining. It is TX- CFR 1633 certified as well.
- This mattress measures 39 x 80 x 12 inches in size.
- The latex mattress is designed to fit box springs, platforms, metal grids, slatted, and adjustable bed bases.
- It features gel memory foam that dissipates body heat and provides temperature regulation.
- It also relieves pressure to create a comfortable sleeping environment by relaxing the body.
- We will be remiss if we don’t include this budget option by Linenspa. It is medium-firm and soft enough to please your back, neck, and shoulders.
- The Linenspa 10-Inch Latex Hybrid Mattress has 7-inch high individually encased coils topped by 2-inch latex and a 1-inch memory foam quilted cover.
- It is temperature neutral and offers good breathability. It is quite good at dissipating body heat.
- Though we do not know whether the Dunlop or Talalay method is used in bringing out this good quality latex mattress, it is suitable for back, side, and stomach sleepers.
- Backed by a 10-year warranty against manufacturing defects, you won’t regret buying this one.
- A ten-inch latex mattress with a hybrid design included pocketed coils for better support in the center of the mattress.
- The latex used is temperature neutral and will not overheat like memory foam.
- It offers medium to firm support and comfort.
- This mattress comes with a free trial period.
- All-natural and pure organic latex are used to fill the Pure Green mattress.
- No Polyfoam, synthetics, chemicals, or blends are used in this mattress.
- A Quilted cover made from organic cotton and New Zealand wool is breathable and soft.
- Offer firm and reliable support.
- Greeguard Certified that there are no chemicals used in the product.
Index Table: Top 5 Latex Mattresses
|1||Sleep On Latex Pure Green - Natural Latex Mattress||Sleep On Latex||98.7|
|2||Sunrising Bedding Natural - Latex Hybrid Mattress||Sunrising Bedding||98|
|3||LUCID Hybrid - Latex Mattress||LUCID||96.5|
|4||Linenspa Latex Hybrid - Latex Mattress||Linenspa||97|
|5||Linenspa Hybrid - Hybrid Latex Mattress||Linenspa||97|
|6||Pure Green Sleep on Latex - Queen Sized Latex Mattress||Pure Green||97|
Table of Contents
- Pros of Latex Mattress
- Cons of Latex Mattress
- Questions To Ask Before You Buy A Latex Mattress
- All About ILD (Impression Load Deflection)
- Reviews: The Best Latex Mattresses
- Index Table: Top 5 Latex Mattresses