An adequate amount of uninterrupted slumber has both an instant and long-term effect on one’s well-being. We all know that a good mattress is an investment, and so you need the best cotton mattress pad to protect it.
For this reason, mattress pads exist. A mattress pad can help make your bed feel softer and it protects your mattress from damage and accidental spills. Mattress pads are relatively thinner than mattress toppers, some are even machine-washable.
What is the best material for a mattress pad?
Cotton is definitely one of the best mattress pad materials, but let’s see how it compares to other materials. So, you can make an informed choice.
- Wool vs Cotton – Cotton is a natural and durable material, and is usually machine-washable and keeps cool. While wool is also a natural material it is known for trapping heat, therefore it is a legitimate solution for sleeping pains, joint pains, and arthritis.
- Polyester vs Cotton – Polyester is a synthetic fiber but very durable. It’s naturally hypoallergenic, therefore a great option for people with allergies. Compared to cotton it isn’t as breathable and nor is it eco-friendly.
- Memory Foam vs Cotton – the foam material is ideal for people with back issues as it molds to the body’s structure and provides optimal support. However, it is more expensive as compared to a cotton pad, can get warm, and less breathable.
What is the difference between a mattress topper and a mattress pad?
While the two sound almost the same, there are noticeable differences between them so you can choose what’s right for you.
- Purpose – Pads guard a mattress against contaminations and allergies, whereas toppers add luxury to a mattress or are used for altering the thickness or the feel of the mattress.
- Cost – Toppers have a wider and slightly higher price range, but most pads are a pocket-friendly buy.
- Thickness – Toppers are available in varing thickness for increasing the height and feel and pads are mostly an inch thick or less.
- Cushioning – Toppers can alter the overall feel of the mattress, while pads have little or no impact on how the mattress feels and are more for a comfortable yet protective purpose.
Are cotton mattress pads good for you?
Here are reasons why you should invest in a cotton mattress pad.
- Organic – Cotton mattress pads are usually made from organic cotton and are free of chemicals and synthetic materials.
- Eco-Friendly – Other pad materials add to the non-biodegradable waste in the environment.
- Hypoallergenic – All organic materials are hypoallergenic because they haven’t been mixed with chemicals and other irritants.
- Comfort – Other than cotton pads being washable and durable, they are super soft, comfortable, and breathable.
Reviews: Best Cotton Mattress Pad
The catalog below enlists some of the best cotton mattress pads available online. In addition, we would like to inform you that purchasing products using links from our page will earn us a profit. Despite that, you will have no additional charges.1
- This mattress pad is 100% top and bottom cotton-filled.
- The 60×80 inch measurements make it a comfortable queen size fitting.
- With 49 oz elastic and hollowed-down alternative fillings, the pad will add a good softness to a firm mattress.
- Moreso, 100% cotton makes the pad a highly breathable piece of bedding, making it skin-friendly.
- In addition, the elastic fitted corners of the pad firmly hold it in place, no more wrinkled sheets.
- Its best feature is that it is machine-washable.
- The mattress pad comes packaged in a vacuum bag, and it is recommended that you wash it and dry it under the sun for it to properly restore its fluffiness.
- With HNN cooling technology, the surface provides superior comfort and cloud-like softness.
- The snow down-alternative fill is a fiberfill that provides a feel of the authentic goose and duck down, minus the feathers.
- Despite the pad being cotton-made, it is super easy to wipe liquids off it. Also, the added thickness of the cover makes it hard for fluids to seep down and stain the mattress.
- The cover is manufactured with 100% certified organic cotton, and its quality is beyond compare.
- With its 300 thread count pure cotton sheets, the pad provides a nice and breathable surface for a restful 8-hour sleep.
- The impeccable quality wadding of the mattress pad sets it apart from the rest of its competitors as it does not consist of any synthetic material or allergens.
- This brand of mattress pads even provides a 90-day satisfaction guarantee, therefore unsatisfied customers can return the product for a full refund.
- The mattress pad comes with an extensive warranty period for protection against any fluids and allergens.
- In addition, the hypoallergenic cotton terry surface with its membrane back makes it waterproof, noiseless, and breathable.
- Highly suitable for people with kids, pets, and persons with asthma or other allergies.
- The cover is registered as a medical device under the FDA as A Class Medical Device.
- The measurements for this fitted style design are a queen size cover that is 60″ x 80″ and an 18-inch deep pocket.
- One of its unique features is that this cover is reversible and 100% cotton making it skin-friendly, durable, and breathable.
- The mattress pad comes with 12 inch deep pockets for a snug fit.
- Unlike poly-filled mattresses, this cotton pad ensures a comfortable and sweat-free sleep.
- With its ½ inch to ¾ inch soft thickness, it provides an extra layer of comfort.
- And our favorite feature of them all is that it is machine-washable.
- The material of this cover protects against perspiration, fluids, allergens and comes with a 15-year warranty.
- It is a 100% waterproof membrane back with a fitted style design for a clean and non-wrinkled bed look.
- The Airflow Technology at Luna’s allows air circulation throughout the cover, all while repelling liquids.
- The hypoallergenic cotton surface feature of the pad makes it noiseless and will not alter the feel of your mattress underneath.
Index Table: Top-Rated Cotton Mattress Pads
|1||EASELAND Queen - Quilted Cotton Mattress Pad||EASELAND||97|
|2||LEISURE TOWN King - Alternative Fill Cotton Mattress Pad||LEISURE TOWN||97|
|3||Whisper Organics California King - 100% Organic Cotton Mattress Pad||Whisper Organics||98|
|4||SafeRest Queen - Hypoallergenic Cotton Mattress Pad||SafeRest||97|
|5||Sleep Philosophy Queen - Natural Cotton Mattress Pad||Sleep Philosophy||97|
|6||Luna Queen - Fitted Style Cotton Mattress Pad||Luna||98|
Table of Contents
- What is the best material for a mattress pad?
- What is the difference between a mattress topper and a mattress pad?
- Are cotton mattress pads good for you?
- Reviews: Best Cotton Mattress Pad
- EASELAND® Queen Quilted Cotton Mattress Pad
- LEISURE TOWN® King Alternative Fill Cotton Mattress Pad
- Whisper Organics® California King 100% Organic Cotton Mattress Pad
- SafeRest® Queen Hypoallergenic Cotton Mattress Pad
- Sleep Philosophy® Queen Natural Cotton Mattress Pad
- Luna® Queen Fitted Style Cotton Mattress Pad
- Index Table: Top-Rated Cotton Mattress Pads