Sound sleep is a luxury even billionaires strive to have in this fast-paced world. But to have one, a wool mattress topper is an excellent solution.
Besides, wool toppers can also be soothers of back pain, hypersensitivities, and many other postures and allergic ailments. If you, too, suffer from one or more of these, we have the list of the best woolen mattress topper.
Do Wool Mattress Toppers Make You Hot?
Usually, wool is used during the winter, believing that it only helps keep us warm. However, that’s not true; continue reading to know more.
- Temperature Regulation – Contrary to popular belief, wool fibers help you stay cool in bed and keep you warm during the winter. Thus, ensuring comfort all year round, no need to swap out the topper when the seasons shift. To add more warmth to your bed in winters, you may try a heated mattress pad.
- Breathabile Material – Wool can wick moisture; therefore, the fibers let the moisture pass through, making the topper quite breathable.
Buying Considerations for the Best Wool Mattress Topper
While there are plenty of woolen mattress toppers out there, it also makes it challenging to choose the best one. Here are a few top considerations to consider while buying the best woolen mattress topper.
- Cooling – Though wool is generally associated with the winter season, it is an all-season fiber. It helps in regulating the body temperature as per the season. In summers, it uses its moisture-wicking feature to keep you cool. While in winters, it traps the body heat to keep you warm.
- Firmness / Thickness – Any mattress’s firmness is necessary to note as each individual has personal preferences. While one may prefer a plush mattress topper, another may prefer thin cushioning. You may also pick a 3-inch wool mattress topper for utmost comfort.
- Fit – While purchasing a wool topper for the mattress, look for the kind of bands it comes with. Ensure that the topper will stay in place and does not slip while sleeping.
- Hypoallergenic – A very important consideration for those with allergies or asthma. If you are prone to allergies, go for organic or merino varieties of wool.
- Durable and Easy Maintenance – Not all Mattress toppers are washable and easy to maintain. Some may require additional care to stay durable or cover to stay clean.
How Long Does A Wool Mattress Topper Last?
Keeping in mind their high durability, a good quality wool topper will last you up to 4 years at least. You can easily make your woolen mattress topper last longer with a few things kept in check.
- Structure – Remember to thoroughly beat and shake the wool mattress when it starts feeling flat and has the topper be fluffy again!
- Air It Out – Natural fibers in bedding need to breathe, so let your topper sit without a cover for at least two hours daily.
- Rotate and Flip – Once a month, make sure to rotate and flip your mattress topper so that it doesn’t continue to flatten from the same side. Removing the topper for some time will also allow the mattress underneath to breathe a little.
- Seasonal Sun – At least once a year, put your woolen mattress topper out in the sun as it is a natural deodorizer, disinfectant, and acts as bleach.
Reviews: Best Best Wool Mattress Topper
The list below consists of the top wool mattress toppers. Please note that these are available in various sizes, king, queen, crib, etc.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- A luxury comfort wool alternative fleece topper for mattresses is available in many sizes.
- Thanks to the anchor bands on all four corners, the mattress topper stays in place.
- It is also easy to maintain, and you can wash it in your machine.
- It consists of 100% natural wool fleece.
- The topper is thick and very cozy.
- The top has a wool and cotton blend that is odorless and fire-resistant. Besides, the back is made of cotton.
- It also manages to stay free from mold and allergens, so it is an excellent choice for those vulnerable to allergies. Besides, the not-so-plush cushioning soothe painful pressure points for a good night’s rest.
- You can use this woolen mattress topper by SnugFleece all year round since the wool keeps the body cool in summer and warm in winter.
- This product contains pure wool and is certified by Woolmark for the same.
- The wool in this mattress topper is breathable in all climates.
- The elastic bands allow for a secure fit on the mattress, and thus, it stays in place for a long.
- The truly organic Merino Wool Mattress Topper is meant to be used with equal amounts of comfort throughout the year.
- Even the sateen fabric features a thread count of 300 and is certified to be made of organic cotton. Therefore, it also relieves arthritis, rheumatism, and multiple chemical sensitivities, as the material is free from any chemicals.
- It also provides excellent relief from back pains with its resilient body support.
- If properly cared for, this mattress topper will last for years beyond your expectations.
- Holy Lamb Wool Mattress Toppers are handcrafted using premium Eco-Wool batting that comes tufted in double layers of organic cotton fabric.
- It is brilliantly designed to stay in place and give you a good night’s rest.
- It will be the best match for any firm mattress and provides sufficient cushioning for the body to rest.
- This 100% wool topper features corner straps.
- It offers relief from several medical conditions like Arthritis, backache, and Rheumatism.
- The topper is also good at circulating air to regulate the body temperature and keeps you cool in summers and warm in winters.
- The outer cover of this mattress topper is made with high-quality organic Twill.
- It is filled with merino wool to allow for a super comfortable and warming feel.
- It comes in a premium twin size and provides optimum comfort and relief.
- It has a smooth and a plush side.
- This is a PuTian Wool Mattress Pad Topper, made with the highest quality materials.
- The under blanket is made with natural, virgin, Australian Merino Wool, which is sourced without causing harm to the animal and is therefore Cruelty-free.
- It keeps the body at the optimum temperature and is extra comfortable and warm.
- This topper can be reused and retains its shape even after washing.
- This Polyester and wool Sheepskin Comfort Mattress Topper is designed to provide comfort and relief to the body.
- The soft, sheepskin bed pad adds an extra layer of comfort and provides enhanced airflow to maximize your comfort level.
- Both the sheepskin and polyester fabric are hypoallergenic.
- It is excellent for all types of bed sizes and homes, hospitals, and nursing homes.
- This mattress topper is suitable for machine wash and is made in the USA.
- This mattress topper is made with 100% natural, high-quality Australian wool.
- It comes encased in organic cotton and is designed without harmful chemicals and pesticides.
- This wool mattress pad draws out heat and moisture to help you keep cool throughout the night.
- It comes with elastic bands around the corners to perfect fit.
- The wool used in this topper is naturally resistant to dust mites, mold, mildew, and even fire-resistant, as well as Hypoallergenic.
Index Table: Top-Rated Wool Mattress Topper
|1||Sleep and Beyond Elite - Queen Size Wool Topper||Sleep and Beyond||98.1|
|2||Sleep and Beyond Ecru Color - Blended Woolen Mattress Topper||Sleep and Beyond||97.8|
|3||DOWN UNDER Australian Wool Fleece - Mattress Topper||DOWN UNDER||98.5|
|4||Sleep & Beyond 100% Organic - Merino Organic Mattress Topper||Sleep & Beyond||98.2|
|5||Holy Lamb Organic Wool - Eco-Woolen Mattress Topper||Holy Lamb||97.9|
|6||Merino Wool Bedding Luxury - Mattress Topper||Merino Wool Bedding||97.4|
|7||SPW WMTOT02 - Merino Wool Mattress Topper||SPW||97.1|
|8||PuTian Australian - Wool Mattress Pad Topper||PuTian||96.7|
|9||DMI Sheepskin - Wool Comfort Mattress Topper||DMI||96.3|
|10||OrganicTextiles All-Natural - Australian Woolen Mattress Topper||OrganicTextiles||95.7|
Table of Contents
- Do Wool Mattress Toppers Make You Hot?
- Buying Considerations for the Best Wool Mattress Topper
- How Long Does A Wool Mattress Topper Last?
- Reviews: Best Best Wool Mattress Topper
- Sleep and Beyond® Elite Queen Size Wool Topper
- Sleep and Beyond® Ecru Color Blended Woolen Mattress Topper
- DOWN UNDER® Australian Wool Fleece Mattress Topper
- Sleep & Beyond® 100% Organic Merino Organic Mattress Topper
- Holy Lamb® Organic Wool Eco-Woolen Mattress Topper
- Merino Wool Bedding® Luxury Mattress Topper
- SPW® WMTOT02 Merino Wool Mattress Topper
- PuTian® Australian Wool Mattress Pad Topper
- DMI® Sheepskin Wool Comfort Mattress Topper
- OrganicTextiles® All-Natural Australian Woolen Mattress Topper
- Index Table: Top-Rated Wool Mattress Topper