Latex is one of many modern materials that have been in use by man in the last couple of decades.
One of its best applications has been found in orthopedic and orthotic gear, such as with the case of orthopedic pillows for neck and back support.
The right latex mattress topper can assist you in acquiring the restful sleep you deserve, by providing you with night-time support and comfort.
How the Best Latex Mattress Topper Prevents a Sleepless Night and Back Pain
All mattress toppers will provide one with support and comfort, in varying degrees and in this way they can assist you with pain relief. Latex is a very diverse material and is usually a density that can support our weight comfortably without feeling too hard to be comfortable. When you sleep on a latex mattress topper, your spine should be straight at all times.
If you sleep with good posture, your blood flow improves and is not blocked by odd postures in the night. Improved circulation could eliminate pains immediately but ultimately will improve your immune system, your ability to recharge your body when you sleep and your capacity to flush unwanted by-products out of your system.
Naturally, good posture also plays a vital role in remedying back, neck and any musculoskeletal problems, such as sciatica, multiple sclerosis or a slipped disc. Another benefit of maintaining good posture is that one does not apply any stress on the body, which results in less fatigue and less pain or discomfort in general.
If your mattress keeps you awake at night, a mattress topper can also provide a protective barrier between you and the mattress.
Who Would Benefit From Owning A Latex Mattress Topper?
Mattress toppers in general benefit a plethora of sleeping problems, especially those that are derived from having too much neck pain, backaches, pinched nerves or swollen hips. If you suffer from any of the following conditions, a mattress topper is likely something you will benefit from owning:
- Diabetes: It may seem strange that a condition that is primarily associated with our digestive system could benefit from sleeping on a mattress topper. If you have diabetes and struggle to sleep at night because of stomach pain or advanced diabetic peripheral neuropathy, keeping your posture straight will help to support your immune function.
- Obesity: A few common causes of insomnia are linked to being obese. There is much more extra pressure on one’s organs and spine, which are usually coupled with congestion and in the worst cases, sleep apnea. Sleeping at an angle, with latex support to ensure your blood flow and air channels are working properly while you rest can help for energy and pain relief too.
- Cardiovascular Disease: Anything that puts a strain on the heart should be avoided, including lack of oxygen due to an incorrect sleeping posture. These patients should avoid sleeping on their left sides and try to maintain an excellent posture to keep maximum pressure off their hearts.
- Osteoporosis: Bone conditions like Osteoporosis and arthritis benefit from not having circulation cut off in the body. One can minimize back and neck pains by sleeping with the right back support mattress topper.
- Multiple Sclerosis: It has been long said that straight posture is essential for treating multiple sclerosis. Make sure that you do not get a mattress that is too dense or too soft, but somewhere in between!
- Edema: This swelling of the foot or any other limb for that matter can be vastly aided by sleeping with a correct back alignment. An orthotic knee pillow is likely a good idea for swollen legs or feet as it will keep your legs from bumping one another during the night.
- Injury or Inflammation: For very much the same reasons as Edema, any form of external swelling, inflammation or injury will benefit from having a deep, restful sleep, no pressure on the spine and optimal blood circulation.
Top Characteristics Every Latex Mattress Topper Needs
Every mattress topper made from latex or foam needs to be perforated! Perforation is important because latex and any materials based on plastic like to trap heat. If it can’t ventilate that heat throughout the night, one can wake up with a sudden unpleasant burning sensation.
The good news is that most latex mattress toppers are made using the Talalay process; meaning that the latex is melted down first, poured into aerated molds and left to set perforated. Ridges in a latex mattress topper design also allow for the heat to distribute away from our bodies, achieving the same desired effect.
Latex mattress pads should also have a thickness that suits your needs. Side sleepers need a thicker mattress topper to accommodate for their shoulder length. Somebody who sleeps on their backs may require a thinner topper just to provide protection from any discomfort their mattress may give them.
Reviews: The Best Latex Mattress Toppers
Here below we have compiled some of the best latex mattress toppers currently available on Amazon for the choosing:
- This superior quality latex mattress pad comes with a luxurious 100% organic cotton cover and has no chemicals or dyes added.
- Organic Textiles only uses the best eco-friendly latex, made by harvesting rubber trees.
- Designed with your sleeping experience in mind, this mattress topper is very well ventilated and allows for your body heat to dissipate evenly as you sleep.
- Ideal for back sleepers, petite side sleepers, and stomach sleepers who wish to take the pressure off.
- Get the rest you deserve with this organic latex mattress topper, relaxing your spine, neck, and body efficiently in the correct posture!
- This is a very comfortable and soft 2 inch latex mattress topper, capable of providing you with a comfortable night’s sleep.
- You can fold the mattress topper up, which means that it is portable and can be taken away with you anywhere.
- This product is certified organic and is eco-friendly.
- Remove any pressure build-up from all your joints, in particular for those who suffer from hip or shoulder pains.
- The organic cover is removable with a zipper and can be washed inside a washing machine gently.
- There are no added chemical components to this mattress topper, ensuring a stress-free sleep for all.
- Safe and clean, this 2 inch soft mattress topper will provide back support to all in need of it.
- Ideal for all sleeping positions and hypoallergenic for sensitive individuals (also antimicrobial and anti-dust mites.)
- The perforated design ensures that you can breathe while you sleep and continue to rest without interruptions from sudden heat bursts.
- Get a deep sleep with confidence as this mattress topper will remove all pressure from pressure points in the back and keep your spine straight.
- You can fold this topper up and take it on holiday with you, wherever you go.
- This product is environmentally friendly.
- The perforations in the design of this mattress topper help to remove excess heat as well as provide pressure point relief.
- The soft spongy nature of this 3-inch mattress topper allows you just to sink in and sleep without any hassles.
- Ideal for all sleeping positions as well as allergic or sensitive individuals.
- The mattress topper is hypoallergenic, with no added chemicals or dyes, making it eco-friendly.
- Portable and durable, take this latex mattress topper with you and banish incorrect sleeping posture for good!
- The manufacturer is offering a 30 day free trial period for no additional fees.
- This reversible latex mattress topper is a very sturdy and supportive topper which limits motion transfer, allowing your partner not to wake you in the night.
- The way in which this latex topper was designed emulates waves, allowing the heat to move along and away from the sleeper.
- Available in many different sizes: King, Queen, Full, Full XL, Twin, Twin XL, King and California King.
- Ideal for side sleepers or back sleepers who struggle to sleep from back-related aches or discomfort.
- Made in the USA using rubber trees from East-Asia without any added chemicals.
- You can claim a full refund if you are not happy with this product in 30 days.
Comparison Table: Top-Rated Latex Mattress Toppers
|1||OrganicTextiles Medium Firm Latex Topper - Luxury Back Support Latex Mattress Topper||OrganicTextiles||95|
|2||Bio Sleep Concept Latex Mattress Pad - All-Natural Latex Mattress Topper||Bio Sleep Concept||98|
|3||Sleep On Latex Clean Green Latex Topper - Eco-friendly Pressure Relief Latex Mattress Topper||Sleep On Latex||97|
|4||Ultimate Sleep Plush Latex Topper - Dream Easily Medium Density Latex Mattress Pad||Ultimate Sleep||96|
|5||eLuxurySupply Reversible Mattress Topper - Gentle Sleep Wave Form Latex Topper||eLuxurySupply||95|
Table of Contents
- How the Best Latex Mattress Topper Prevents a Sleepless Night and Back Pain
- Who Would Benefit From Owning A Latex Mattress Topper?
- Top Characteristics Every Latex Mattress Topper Needs
- Reviews: The Best Latex Mattress Toppers
- OrganicTextiles® Medium Firm Latex Topper Luxury Back Support Latex Mattress Topper
- Bio Sleep Concept® Latex Mattress Pad All-Natural Latex Mattress Topper
- Sleep On Latex® Clean Green Latex Topper Eco-friendly Pressure Relief Latex Mattress Topper
- Ultimate Sleep® Plush Latex Topper Dream Easily Medium Density Latex Mattress Pad
- eLuxurySupply® Reversible Mattress Topper Gentle Sleep Wave Form Latex Topper
- Comparison Table: Top-Rated Latex Mattress Toppers