A foam mattress topper is likely more useful to you than you realize. A mattress topper is a great long-term and intermediate solution if you have problems sleeping.
Read further to learn about the causes of back pain, how foam mattress toppers can help alleviate back pain, and the best mattress topper features.
Why Is My Back in Pain Every Night?
The primary causes of back pain that keep one awake usually stem from two main concerns:
- Your Posture – if you sit or stand with a terrible posture for many hours of the day, it can cause a lot of back pain as well as hip pain. Usually, bed rest is the best cure for this type of back pain, but this pain will continuously occur if you do not rectify your posture. This is why it’s imperative to develop our back muscles and practice having a good posture to avoid this unnecessary discomfort.
- Your Mattress – if you do have a good posture and still experience frequent back pain, then it is likely that your mattress is not helping your sleeping posture. Spring mattresses can be particularly troublesome in this regard, as springs can become loose and poke into your sides over time.
A good foam mattress topper can help prevent both painful scenarios.
How Does A Foam Mattress Topper Provide Back Pain Relief?
The hypoallergenic mattress topper provides back pain relief by providing an additional layer of thickness between you and the mattress. This is useful, especially for side sleepers, which should have more leeway to sink into their mattresses to ensure their shoulders. As a material, Foam is very soft and supportive, protecting you while still maintaining a good posture comfortably. The least pressure is exerted on our backs when we sleep with a good posture.
Memory foam is one of the best materials a foam mattress topper can be made from, particularly if your back is out of alignment. Memory foam creates a unique impression of your body shape, cradling you and helping you to maintain perfect posture all night long. In combination with high-density foam, memory foam will give back support and make ideal back sleepers. A foam mattress topper will also help to protect your mattress from dust or mess.
Characteristics of a Good Foam Mattress Topper
Here are some favorite features of foam mattress toppers that make all the difference:
- Ventilation – A well-ventilated topper ensures that heat disperses evenly and quickly out of the topper. This helps keep sweat to a minimum, keeps you cool, and contributes to protecting the mattress.
- Gel Swirl – A topper with a gel swirl embedded in it makes for a much cooler foam topper. Gel Swirl foam absorbs heat slower, taking longer for the foam mattress to heat up at night.
- Multiple Layers – The more foam layers a mattress topper is made from, the more comfort it has to offer. Multiple layers are usually used to alleviate pressure points off the back, add additional ventilation, and enhance back support.
- Removable Cover – a removable cover with a zipper helps to keep the mattress topper clean, but it also keeps out dust mites and confers additional protection to your actual mattress!
- Motion Transfer Control – Some mattress toppers can prevent the mattress from disturbing your partner when you toss and turn during the night.
Reviews: The Best Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Look at these top-quality mattress toppers that are sure to upgrade your bedspread!
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- A three-inch Gel-infused Swirl design memory foam mattress topper from LinenSpa.
- The Gel infusion helps regulate temperatures to sleep much cooler and more comfortably.
- The Swirl design memory foam softens any sleep surface.
- Manufactured from CertiPUR-Certified safe and high-performance memory foam.
- A Queen-sized topper adds comfort and softness to a firm or sagging mattress.
- Its 2-layer ventilated design provides excellent support.
- It also comes with a removable, washable cover that is hypoallergenic, anti-slip, and anti-static.
- Extra breathable and comfortable hotel quality design.
- CertiPUR-Certified high-performance and safe memory foam.
- This is a high-density, 4-inch thick mattress topper with a dual-layer.
- It offers a 2.5-inch thick layer of gel memory foam that works to regulate temperature, whereas the 1.5-inch thick layer of fluffy down alternative fill provides comfort and pressure-relieving comfort.
- This topper alleviates pain and provides pressure relief by being firm and soft at the same time.
- It can firm up soft and sinking mattresses or soften up hard mattresses without overspending.
- This topper comes encased in an easily removable, machine washable, and long-lasting cover.
- This dual-layer topper uses 1.5 inches of memory foam and 2.5 inches of high-density foam.
- The mattress topper is ideal for all sleeping positions, offering the ultimate balance between firm and soft support.
- Motion transfer control is one of these mattress toppers’ best features – never disturb your partner or be troubled by them again!
- The topper is covered in a removable zipper cover, making it convenient to keep clean and more hygienic and dust mite-proof.
- This is a highly durable mattress topper with a 5-year warranty.
- This mattress topper is as simple as it gets: one 3-inch sheet of memory foam.
- Curl up inside your bed on top of this mattress topper to sleep deeply with the soft, comfortable support your back needs!
- The topper has excellent ventilation from small uniform perforations placed across the entire design.
- This topper is certified to be free of harmful metals and other added chemical substances.
- The mattress topper also reduces motion transfer between resting partners.
- It is made using the Talalay process.
- Hypoallergenic and safe to use.
- It comes with a three-year warranty.
- Here is a mattress topper that is made from 2 inches of quality memory foam that has been infused with cooling gel.
- Sleep deeply at night without ever overheating or complaining of a sore back!
- This is a cost-effective solution for those in a financial pinch who suffer back pain or lack a good night’s sleep.
- Ideal for those suffering from sciatica and fibromyalgia who urgently need pain relief.
- The mattress topper is perfect for sensitive individuals, 100% hypoallergenic, and certified chemical-free.
- The gel swirl pattern varies with each batch manufactured because the gel is swirled into the memory foam using the Talalay process.
- This mattress topper comprises three ultra-soft yet highly supportive layers to preserve your body’s integrity during sleep.
- The cover is removable and machine washable, but the best part is stuffed and quilted with a 0.5-inch plush fiberfill for bonus comfort.
- The second layer is 2 inches of body-contouring memory foam to remove stress from your back and neck.
- The last layer comprises 1.5 inches of Comfort Foam, designed to alleviate specific pressure points running along the back.
- This mattress topper has a 5-year warranty.
- Sleep Better went the extra mile with this mattress topper, creating a unique memory foam and polyester fiberfill blend.
- The topper has a cooling agent in the filling, similar to gel memory foam, which allows for ventilation and keeps things fresh throughout the night.
- This foam mattress topper will conform to your shape and promotes a healthy back posture.
- The topper is hypoallergenic and keeps dust mites out, thanks to the 15-inch tight grip skirt that can cover up to 20 inches deep mattresses.
- This mattress topper’s quilted fiberfill design alleviates all pressure points on the back and leaves you feeling rejuvenated upon waking.
- This is a plush Lucid memory foam topper designed to have therapeutic effects on the body.
- It targets pressure points to eliminate pain, supports the back, and keeps the spine aligned.
- This topper comes infused with Bamboo Charcoal to regulate temperature, wick away moisture, and neutralize bad odors.
- It is naturally hypoallergenic and designed to resist bacterial growth to ensure a clean and safe sleeping environment.
Index Table: Top Rated Memory Foam Mattress Topper
|LinenSpa Swirl - Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
|BedStory Memory Foam - Gel Infused Mattress Topper
|ViscoSoft 4 Inch Pillow Top - Memory Foam Mattress Topper
|Best Price Mattress Thick Foam - Dual Layer Mattress Topper
|Best Price Mattress
|Best Price Ventilated - Memory Foam Mattress Topper
|Dreamfoam Bedding Gel Swirl - Superior Memory Foam Mattress Topper
|Zinus Night Therapy - Plush Memory Foam Mattress Topper
|Sleep Better Luxurious - Soft Fill Memory Foam Mattress Topper
|Lucid 2 Inch Bamboo Charcoal - Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Table of Contents
- Why Is My Back in Pain Every Night?
- How Does A Foam Mattress Topper Provide Back Pain Relief?
- Characteristics of a Good Foam Mattress Topper
- Reviews: The Best Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- LinenSpa® Swirl Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- BedStory® Memory Foam Gel Infused Mattress Topper
- ViscoSoft® 4 Inch Pillow Top Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Best Price Mattress® Thick Foam Dual Layer Mattress Topper
- Best Price® Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Dreamfoam Bedding® Gel Swirl Superior Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Zinus® Night Therapy Plush Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Sleep Better® Luxurious Soft Fill Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Lucid® 2 Inch Bamboo Charcoal Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Index Table: Top Rated Memory Foam Mattress Topper