A foam mattress topper is likely more useful to you than you realize. If you have problems sleeping, a foam mattress topper is both a great long-term or intermediate solution.
Read further to find out more about the causes of back pain, how foam mattress toppers can help alleviate back pain, and the best foam mattress topper features.
Why Is My Back in Pain Every Night?
The primary causes of back pain that keep one awake usually stem from two main concerns:
- Your Posture – if you sit or stand with a terrible posture for many hours of the day, it can cause a lot of back pain as well as hip pain. Usually, bed rest is the best cure for this type of back pain, but this pain will continuously occur if you do not rectify your posture. This is why it’s imperative to develop our back muscles and practice having a good posture to avoid this unnecessary discomfort.
- Your Mattress – if you do have a good posture and still experience frequent back pain, then it is likely that your mattress is not helping your sleeping posture. Spring mattresses can be particularly troublesome in this regard, as overtime springs can become loose and poke into your sides.
A good quality foam mattress topper can help prevent both of these painful scenarios.
How Does A Foam Mattress Topper Provide Back Pain Relief?
A foam mattress topper provides back pain relief by providing an additional layer of thickness between you and the mattress. This is useful, especially for side sleepers, which should have more leeway to sink into their mattresses to ensure their shoulders. Foam as a material is very soft and yet very supportive, able to protect you while still maintaining a good posture comfortably. The least amount of pressure is exerted on our backs when we sleep with a good posture.
Memory foam is one of the best materials a foam mattress topper can be made from, particularly if your back is out of alignment. Memory foam creates a unique impression of your body shape, cradling you and helping you to maintain perfect posture all night long. In combination with high-density foam, memory foam will give more firm back support, ideal for back sleepers. A foam mattress topper will also help to protect your mattress from any dust or messes.
Characteristics of a Good Foam Mattress Topper
Here are some favorite features of foam mattress toppers that make all the difference:
- Ventilation – A well-ventilated foam mattress topper ensures that heat disperses evenly and quickly out of the topper. This helps keep perspiration to a minimum, keeps you cool, and contributes to protecting the mattress.
- Gel Swirl – A foam mattress topper with a gel swirl embedded in it makes for a much cooler foam topper. Gel Swirl foam absorbs heat at a slower rate, taking longer for the foam mattress to heat up in the night.
- Multiple Layers – The more foam layers a mattress topper is made from, the more comfort it has to offer. Multiple layers are usually used to alleviate pressure points off the back, add in additional ventilation, and enhance back support.
- Removable Cover – a removable cover with a zipper helps to keep the mattress topper clean, but it also keeps out dust mites and confers additional protection to your actual mattress!
- Motion Transfer Control – some mattress toppers can prevent the mattress from disturbing your partner when you toss and turn during the night. Memory foam mattress toppers usually provide the best motion transfer control, staying rigid independently of who is moving around.
Reviews: The Best Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Have a look at these top quality mattress toppers that are sure to upgrade your bed spread!
- This dual-layer memory foam mattress topper is made using 1.5 inches of memory foam and 2.5 inches of high-density foam.
- The mattress topper is ideal for all sleeping positions, offering the ultimate balance between firm and soft support.
- Motion transfer control is one of these mattress topper best features – never disturb your partner or be troubled by them again!
- The topper is covered in a removable zipper cover, making it convenient to keep clean and more hygienic and dust mite proof.
- This is a highly durable mattress topper and comes inclusive with a 5-year warranty.
- 4-Inch memory foam.
- Infused with calming green tea.
- Conforms to the body contours.
- Only suitable for hand washing.
- This mattress topper comprises three ultra-soft yet highly supportive layers to preserve your body’s integrity during sleep.
- The cover is removable and machine washable, but the best part about it is that it is stuffed and quilted with a 0.5-inch plush fiberfill for bonus comfort.
- The second layer is 2 inches of body-contouring memory foam to remove stress from your back and neck.
- The last layer consists of 1.5 inches of Comfort Foam, designed to alleviate specific pressure points running along the back.
- This mattress topper has a 5-year warranty.
- 4-Inch memory foam.
- Provides pressure relief.
- Available in 4 sizes.
- Initial chemical smell.
- Sleep Better went the extra mile with this mattress topper, creating a unique memory foam and polyester fiberfill blend.
- The topper has a cooling agent in the filling, similar to gel memory foam, which allows for ventilation and keeps things fresh throughout the night.
- This foam mattress topper will conform to your shape and promotes a healthy back posture.
- The topper is hypoallergenic and also keeps dust mites out, thanks to the 15-inch tight grip skirt that can cover mattresses up to 20 inches deep.
- This mattress topper’s quilted fiberfill design alleviates all pressure points on the back and leaves you feeling rejuvenated upon waking.
- Memory foam.
- Cooling Outlast Cover.
- A little heavy.
- This mattress topper is as simple as it gets, being one 3 inch sheet of memory foam.
- Curl up inside your bed on top of this mattress topper to sleep deeply with the soft, comfortable support your back needs!
- The topper has excellent ventilation from small uniform perforations placed across the entire design.
- This memory foam mattress topper is certified to be free of harmful metals and other added chemical substances.
- The mattress topper also reduces motion transfer between resting partners.
- It is made using the Talalay process.
- Hypoallergenic and safe to use.
- It comes with a three-year warranty.
- Here is a mattress topper that is made from 2 inches of quality memory foam that has been infused with cooling gel.
- Sleep deeply at night without overheating or complaining of a sore back ever again!
- This is a great cost-effective solution for those in a financial pinch who suffer from back pain or lack a good night’s sleep.
- Ideal for those suffering from sciatica and fibromyalgia who are in urgent need of pain relief.
- The mattress topper is perfect for sensitive individuals, being 100% hypoallergenic, and certified chemical-free.
- The gel swirl pattern varies with each batch manufactured because the gel is swirled into the memory foam using the Talalay process.
- A very lightweight and highly breathable plush and soft memory foam mattress topper from Milemont.
- It is created from high-quality plush and comfortable CertiPUR-Certified memory foam.
- Three inches thick and infused with plush gel that helps to capture heat and control temperatures.
- You can choose between a two or three-inch profile as well as different bed size options.
- A three-inch Gel-infused Swirl design memory foam mattress topper from LinenSpa.
- The Gel infusion helps regulate temperatures so that you can sleep much cooler and more comfortable.
- The Swirl design memory foam softens any sleep surface.
- Manufactured from CertiPUR-Certified safe and high-performance memory foam.
- A Kings sized memory foam mattress topper to add comfort and softness to a frim or sagging mattress.
- It is infused with bamboo and charcoal to control temperatures and reduce odor and bacteria.
- Extra breathable and comfortable hotel quality design.
- CertiPUR-Certified high performance and safe memory foam.
- This is a plush memory foam mattress topper designed to have therapeutic effects on the body.
- It targets pressure points to eliminate pain, provides support to the back, and keeps the spine aligned.
- This topper comes infused with Bamboo Charcoal to regulate temperature, wick away any moisture, and neutralize any bad odors.
- It is naturally hypoallergenic and designed to resist bacterial growth to ensure a clean and safe sleeping environment.
- This is a high density, 4 inch thick mattress topper with a dual layer.
- It offers a 2.5-inch thick layer of gel memory foam that works to regulate temperature, whereas the 1.5-inch thick layer of fluffy down alternative fill provides comfort and pressure-relieving comfort.
- This topper alleviates pain and provides pressure relief by being firm and soft at the same time.
- It can be used to firm up soft and sinking mattresses or soften up hard mattresses without overspending.
- This topper comes encased in an easily removable cover that is machine washable and long-lasting.
Index Table: Top Rated Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Table of Contents
- Why Is My Back in Pain Every Night?
- How Does A Foam Mattress Topper Provide Back Pain Relief?
- Characteristics of a Good Foam Mattress Topper
- Reviews: The Best Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Best Price Mattress® Thick Foam Mattress Topper Dual Layer Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Zinus® Night Therapy Foam Mattress Topper Soft Cover Plush Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Sleep Better® Luxurious Foam Mattress Topper Soft Fill Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Best Price® Memory Foam Mattress Topper Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Dreamfoam Bedding® Gel Swirl Foam Mattress Topper Superior Memory Foam Cooling Gel Mattress Topper
- Milemont® King Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- LinenSpa® Swirl Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- BedStory® Memory Foam Foam Mattress Topper
- Lucid® 2 Inch Bamboo Charcoal Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- ViscoSoft® 4 Inch Pillow Top Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Index Table: Top Rated Memory Foam Mattress Topper