Fancy the Mexican Sombreros or sugar skull, which is a cult favorite and exemplifies the culture? Well, these sombreros are incomplete with an authentic Mexican blanket.
From being used as rugs, ponchos, to saddle blankets, and standard wraps, choosing the best Mexican blanket is easier said than done.
To help you with it, we have listed the top 6 Mexican Blankets preceded by the significant considerations of buying one. Read on to know more.
Types of Best Mexican Blankets
From Sarapes to Falsa and Hawkeye rugs, Mexican blankets come in different designs and patterns. Be it a straight and straightforward pattern or a scary skull designed blanket; there is no shortage of choices with them.
- Sarape – Sarapes are traditional blankets that are also an iconic home item originating from Mexico. Sarapes are actively used as bedspreads, car seat blankets, and wherever you deem fit.
- Falsa – Falsas is also a household item today and preferred to be used as a yoga blanket. These are thicker than Sarapes and boast a unique kind of weave design.
- Thunderbird – Thunderbird blankets resemble the name when it comes to using them. They are perfect for your next picnic out in the mountains as they are easy to carry, store, but are thinner than Falsa and Sarape.
- Saltillo – In terms of the weave, these blankets can be kept in between Falsa and thunderbird. However, Saltillos are made with thicker and robust material making them the strongest best Mexican blankets of them all.
Buying Considerations of the Best Mexican Blankets
Here are some of the crucial factors that need special attention while buying a Mexican blanket.
- Weave – Depending on the type of weave, Mexican blankets are segregated for usage, thickness, aesthetics, and longevity. A thicker weave produces a stronger blanket that can also be used outdoors.
- Design – Apart from the cultural value, the Mexican Blankets are also recognized with their design and patterns. Hence, take a close look at the design as each type of blanket has a different style.
- Usage – Since these blankets have multiple use cases, they are also built to resonate with their application. Like the hawkeye, blankets can also be used as doormats besides wrapping.
- Fabric – Traditionally, the Mexican blankets were made out of cotton and wool. But with time, materials like polyester and acrylic fabric are also used to make them.
Benefits of Buying the Best Mexican Blankets
These are some of the benefits that the Mexican blankets offer.
- Durability – Due to their tight weaving, the Mexican blankets can last longer. This is one of the reasons why these blankets are used to do yoga.
- Highly Decorative – Even though the old tradition of hand-weaving is rarely present today, the designing of these blankets is highly commendable. They successfully fulfill the aesthetic purposes of home improvement.
- Warm and Cozy – One would think that these blankets are thinner, hence they may not be warm. But, in truth, the Mexican Blankets are warm enough to use in chilling winters.
Reviews: Best Mexican Blankets
Well, after the comprehensive study about the Mexican blankets, let us now take a look at some of the best Mexican blankets that you can buy. We would like you to know that we may receive a part of the sales profit when you make a purchase using the links mentioned below.
- The Falsa blanket is made with soft and plush recyclable fabrics which is warm and durable.
- Coming from the famous El Paso Designs, it has multiple color variants and authentic designs befitting with any other purpose.
- Inspired by the designs from Indigenous Mexican arts, this blanket boats a traditional outlook, structure, and warmth.
- This blanket has a perfect size, which is perfect for everyday use.
- An authentic Mexican blanket that can be used for various purposes like yoga, going to a beach, or a picnic.
- The diamond design pattern looks amazingly cool yet oozes authenticity and traditionality of the Mexican culture.
- The best part is that it is a handmade blanket that ensures a better finish and durable product quality.
- Due to its large size, you can use this best Mexican blanket easily and get an equated warmth all over.
- One of the best Mexican blankets boasting vibrant colors and a unique style giving an authentic experience.
- You can enjoy the extra softness of this blanket by taking it along to the bed or using it as a floor rug during winters.
- The more than average length is enough to cover a twin-bed.
- As it is made with 100% recycled fabrics, the Serape Mexican blanket is easy to wash and maintain.
- One of the classic Mexican blankets boasting the best patterns and colors. This falsa blanket will be your best companion, no matter if you are on a beach, at home, or doing yoga.
- You can enjoy the softness of this blanket by taking it along to the bed or using it as a floor rug during winters.
- The blanket is made from a classic blend of acrylic and cotton that provides you the warmth required during winters.
- As it is made with recycled fabrics, the Mexican yoga blanket is easy to wash and maintain. Moreover, you can get this blanket in 4 different colors.
- This awesome mexican blanket is woven using tightly knit cotton and polyester blends. Thus, making it warm as well as stylish.
- The blanket is available in the large size that will be ideal for your picnic, beach visit, and yoga.
- You can use this blanket as an under your bed sheet blanket or as a decorative blanket for chairs, or couches.
- The blanket is available in 4 color variants.
- The very best thing about this blanket is it’s stuffy woven design made from acrylic. It offers the blanket a heavy tapestry that looks like wool.
- Moreover, this Mexican blanket has a distinctive color pattern that adds a bit of style to it.
- You can use it at your beach picnic or home while resting or doing yoga.
- The comfortable Mexican blanket is not just limited to its beauty, but it is also hypoallergenic, durable, and stain-resistant. These features make it best for taking out on your rodeo.
- This is an authentic Mexican Saltillo Sarapes blanket.
- It is made with a 100% premium quality Cotton and Polyester blend.
- The blanket is imported from Mexico.
- It is available in random bright colors and measures approximately 36×78 inches in size.
- This is a decorative Mexican Serape blanket in bright and vivid colors.
- It is tightly handwoven with Cotton and tassels, along with hand-sewn finished edges.
- The blanket measures approximately 84×59 inches in size.
- It is multipurpose and can be used as a bedspread, tapestry, blanket, seat cover, etc.
- This Del Mex blanket is sold exclusively on Amazon by CMFA.
- It is made of soft woven acrylic fibers, handmade on looms.
- The blanket may face some shedding the first few times it is washed and will get softer with time.
- It is vintage in style and measures approximately 6×4 feet wide.
- This Mexican Yoga blanket is made with premium quality 100% Cotton.
- It measures 59×84 inches in size, handmade with colorful fibers.
- This blanket features 8-10cm tassels at the ends for a Mexican themed design.
- It comes in a beautiful falsa shade and serves as the perfect decoration.
Index Table: Top-Rated Mexican Blankets
|1||El Paso Designs Falsa - Yoga Mexican Blanket||El Paso Designs||98|
|2||Open Road Goods Navajo - Mexican Blanket||Open Road Goods||97|
|3||Benevolence LA Serape - Handmade Mexican Blanket||Benevolence LA||98|
|4||Topaz Hill Authentic - Mexican Blanket||Topaz Hill||96|
|5||Laguna Beach Handmade Serape - Mexican Blanket||Laguna Beach||98|
|6||El Paso Designs Classic - Serape Mexican Blanket||El Paso Designs||97|
|7||MEXIMART Authentic - Mexican Blankets||MEXIMART||96.5|
|8||Eccbox Decorative - Mexican Serape Blanket||Eccbox||96.2|
|9||Del Mex Classic - Mexican Blanket||Del Mex||95.7|
|10||Zdada Woven - Mexican Yoga Blanket||Zdada||95.3|
Table of Contents
- Types of Best Mexican Blankets
- Buying Considerations of the Best Mexican Blankets
- Benefits of Buying the Best Mexican Blankets
- Reviews: Best Mexican Blankets
- El Paso Designs® Falsa Yoga Mexican Blanket
- Open Road Goods® Navajo Mexican Blanket
- Benevolence LA® Serape Handmade Mexican Blanket
- Topaz Hill® Authentic Mexican Blanket
- Laguna Beach® Handmade Serape Mexican Blanket
- El Paso Designs® Classic Serape Mexican Blanket
- MEXIMART® Authentic Mexican Blankets
- Eccbox® Decorative Mexican Serape Blanket
- Del Mex® Classic Mexican Blanket
- Zdada® Woven Mexican Yoga Blanket
- Index Table: Top-Rated Mexican Blankets