Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Fancy the Mexican Sombreros or sugar skull, a cult favorite and exemplifies the culture? Well, these sombreros are incomplete with an authentic Mexican blanket.
From being used as rugs, ponchos, saddle blankets, and standard wraps, choosing the best Mexican blanket is easier said than done.
To help you with it, we have listed the top 6 Mexican Blankets preceded by the significant considerations of buying one. Read on to know more.
Types of Best Mexican Blankets
From Sarapes to Falsa and Hawkeye rugs, Mexican blankets come in different designs and patterns. Be it a straight and straightforward pattern or a scary skull-designed blanket; there is no shortage of choices with them.
- Sarape – Sarapes are traditional blankets that are also an iconic home item originating from Mexico. Scrapes are actively used as bedspreads, car seat blankets, and wherever you deem fit.
- Falsa – Falsas is also a household item today and is preferred to be used as a yoga blanket. These are thicker than Sarapes and boast a unique kind of weave design.
- Thunderbird – Thunderbird blankets resemble the name of using them. They are perfect for your next picnic out in the mountains as they are easy to carry and store but are thinner than Falsa and Sarape.
- Saltillo – The blankets can be kept between Falsa and Thunderbird in terms of the weave. However, Saltillos are made with thicker and more robust material, making them the strongest Mexican blankets.
Buying Considerations of the Best Mexican Blankets
Here are some crucial factors that need special attention when buying a Mexican blanket.
- Weave – Mexican blankets are segregated for usage, thickness, aesthetics, and longevity depending on the weave type. A thicker weave produces a stronger blanket that you can also use outdoors.
- Design – Apart from the cultural value, the Mexican Blankets are also recognized with their design and patterns. Hence, take a close look at the design as each type of blanket has a different style.
- Usage – Since these blankets have multiple use cases, they are also built to resonate with their application. Like the hawkeye, blankets can also be used as doormats besides wrapping.
- Fabric – Traditionally, Mexican blankets were made out of cotton and wool which are perfect also for making duvet comforters. But with time, materials like polyester and acrylic fabric are also used to make them.
Benefits of Buying the Best Mexican Blankets
These are some of the benefits that Mexican blankets offer.
- Durability – Due to their tight weaving, the Mexican blankets can last longer. This is one reason why these blankets are used to do yoga.
- Highly Decorative – Even though the old tradition of hand-weaving is rarely present today, the design of these blankets is highly commendable. They successfully fulfill the aesthetic purposes of home improvement.
- Warm and Cozy – One would think these blankets are thinner; hence they may not be warm. But, in truth, the Mexican Blankets are warm enough to use in chilling winters.
Reviews: Best Mexican Blankets
After the comprehensive study about Mexican blankets, let’s take a look at some of the best Mexican blankets you can buy.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- The Falsa blanket is made with soft and plush recyclable fabrics, which are warm and durable.
- The famous El Paso Designs has multiple color variants and authentic designs befitting any other purpose.
- Inspired by the designs from Indigenous Mexican arts, this blanket boats a traditional outlook, structure, and warmth.
- This blanket has a perfect size, which is perfect for everyday use.
- Pastel color collection.
- Made from recycled fibers.
- May require washing before first use.
- An authentic Mexican blanket can be used for various purposes like yoga, going to a beach, or a picnic.
- The diamond design pattern looks amazingly cool yet oozes the Mexican culture’s authenticity and traditionality.
- It is a handmade blanket that ensures a better finish and durable product quality.
- Due to its large size, you can easily use this best Mexican blanket and get an equated warmth all over.
- Cotton Acrylic blend.
- Extra large size.
- Machine washable.
- A little expensive.
- One of the best Mexican blankets boasting vibrant colors and a unique style gives an authentic experience.
- You can enjoy the extra softness of this blanket by taking it along to the bed or using it as a floor rug during winters.
- The more than average length is enough to cover a twin bed.
- As it is made with 100% recycled fabrics, the Serape Mexican blanket is easy to wash and maintain.
- Hand Woven construction.
- Multicolor design.
- Variety of color options.
- Very thin.
- One of the classic Mexican blankets boasting the best patterns and colors. This falsa blanket will be your best companion, no matter if you are on a beach, at home, or doing yoga.
- You can enjoy the softness of this blanket by taking it along to the bed or using it as a floor rug during winters.
- The blanket is made from a classic blend of acrylic and cotton that provides you the warmth required during winters.
- The Mexican yoga blanket is easy to wash and maintain as it is made with recycled fabrics. Moreover, you can get this blanket in 4 different colors.
- This awesome Mexican blanket is woven using tightly knit cotton and polyester blends. Thus, making it warm as well as stylish.
- The blanket is available in a large size that will be ideal for your picnic, beach visit, and yoga.
- You can use this blanket under your bed sheet blanket or as a decorative blanket for chairs or couches.
- The blanket is available in 4 color variants.
- The best thing about this blanket is its stuffy woven design made from acrylic. It offers the blanket a heavy tapestry that looks like wool.
- Moreover, this Mexican blanket has a distinctive color pattern that adds style.
- You can use it at your beach picnic or home while resting or doing yoga.
- The comfortable Mexican blanket is not just limited to its beauty, but it is also hypoallergenic, durable, and stain-resistant. These features make it best for taking out on your rodeo.
- This Del Mex blanket is sold exclusively on Amazon by CMFA.
- It is made of soft woven acrylic fibers, handmade on looms.
- The blanket may face some shedding the first few times it is washed and will get softer with time.
- It is vintage in style and measures approximately 6×4 feet wide.
- This is a decorative Mexican Serape blanket in bright and vivid colors.
- It is tightly handwoven with Cotton and tassels, along with hand-sewn finished edges.
- The blanket measures approximately 84×59 inches in size.
- It is multipurpose and can be used as a bedspread, tapestry, blanket, seat cover, etc.
Index Table: Top-Rated Mexican Blankets
|1||El Paso Designs Falsa - Yoga Mexican Blanket||El Paso Designs||98|
|2||Open Road Goods Navajo - Mexican Blanket||Open Road Goods||97|
|3||Benevolence LA Serape - Handmade Mexican Blanket||Benevolence LA||98|
|4||Topaz Hill Authentic - Mexican Blanket||Topaz Hill||96|
|5||Laguna Beach Handmade Serape - Mexican Blanket||Laguna Beach||98|
|6||El Paso Designs Classic - Serape Mexican Blanket||El Paso Designs||97|
|7||Del Mex Classic - Mexican Blanket||Del Mex||95.7|
|8||Eccbox Decorative - Mexican Serape Blanket||Eccbox||96.2|
Table of Contents
- Types of Best Mexican Blankets
- Buying Considerations of the Best Mexican Blankets
- Benefits of Buying the Best Mexican Blankets
- Reviews: Best Mexican Blankets
- El Paso Designs® Falsa Yoga Mexican Blanket
- Open Road Goods® Navajo Mexican Blanket
- Benevolence LA® Serape Handmade Mexican Blanket
- Topaz Hill® Authentic Mexican Blanket
- Laguna Beach® Handmade Serape Mexican Blanket
- El Paso Designs® Classic Serape Mexican Blanket
- Del Mex® Classic Mexican Blanket
- Eccbox® Decorative Mexican Serape Blanket
- Index Table: Top-Rated Mexican Blankets