Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
If you love to travel often or go camping, you might know about the pain of finding a way to sleep comfortably.
With the best RV mattress, your camping bedtime experience will go from zero to hero!
Read on for more details on different types of mattresses, their best characteristics, and more.
The Biggest Problems With Cheap Camping RV Mattresses
A few main problems come with buying very cheap mattresses for camping.
The first is that the mattresses are usually thinner than ordinary bed mattresses and often are placed on more uneven ground (grass, sticks, stones).
This can put your back out or make for a very uncomfortable night’s sleep.
The second problem with cheap camper mattresses is that they do not save enough space.
Those with huge RVs do not need to worry about this unless going on a long-distance journey, although a big family or a small RV will need more compact options than what is offered at local stores.
Investing in a better quality mattress will save you space, time, and further costs, and you will always have great guest bed options at home too!
Different Types of RV Mattresses
These are a few different types of mattresses that will transform your RV or camping trip into a luxurious outdoor hotel room experience:
- Air Mattresses – Air mattresses are incredible these days in that they come with inbuilt electronic pumps that inflate or deflate the mattress as you require! The only problem with using an air mattress for camping is that you need to be careful not to place it where it may puncture. Inside an RV, it can save space and usually create an instant top-class bedroom environment. Air mattresses with hard bottoms are also available for extra protection against punctures and to prevent them from slipping around as you sleep.
- Foam Mattresses – The second best bet for an RV mattress is a very comfortable foam mattress. Foam is lightweight, and if thin enough, it can be rolled. Otherwise, one can attach it to the roof rack or store it flat inside the RV. Foam mattresses for RVs are made much thinner than ordinary foam mattresses to preserve space. They are still much more comfortable to sleep on than thin, outdated roll-up mattresses.
Characteristics of a Good Mattress for RV
Here are some of the best RV mattress features to keep your eyes peeled for:
- Memory Foam – out of all foam, memory foam has an amazing ability to hold your body shape, which allows you to sleep in a good posture all night long.
- Portable Carrier Bags – for mattresses that can be compressed, a small carrier bag is a good indication of the little size they take up inside the RV. Some mattresses can fit inside a wardrobe or cupboard without too much space.
- Electronic Inflation – for an air mattress, an inbuilt electronic pump is a must-have. If you do not have a place to plug it in, you will need to ensure the mattress has rechargeable batteries, too.
- Pressure Point Alleviation – quilts, dents or raised contours are all designs used on mattresses to help alleviate pressure from our backs. Unless made from memory foam (which naturally makes a contour to alleviate back pressure), you should look for these qualities in the mattress.
- Anti-bacterial – most foam mattresses are hypoallergenic and anti-microbial these days. If you are a frequent camper, you will want a mattress to withstand moisture and the elements. Investing in something resistant to fungus or bacteria is a good idea.
Reviews: The Best RV Mattress
Here below is our best selection of RV mattresses.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- This mattress offer medium to firm support with 9 inches of foam and innerspring pocketed coils.
- Specifically designed t replace the mattress in your RV, mobile home, caravan, or camper.
- It is covered with a washable and highly breathable bamboo cover.
- There are a reinforced lumbar support layer and full foam encasement for better edge support and durability.
- Forty Internal Comfort Coils made entirely of air are there to support you inside your RV for maximum comfort!
- This air mattress is fully equipped with an internal pump – push one button and have it inflate or deflate in under 4 minutes.
- The material is puncture-resistant, although you may need a floor covering for camping trips.
- Completely waterproof and anti-fungal.
- The Sure-Grip bottom lets the mattress stay in one place when you sleep on it.
- The mattress comes with a convenient carry bag to take it anywhere.
- It has a one-year guarantee to allow you to try it out.
- This memory foam mattress topper is designed to perfectly conform to the body to help you stay asleep comfortably.
- It provides cushioning to relieve back pain and provides spinal alignment greatly.
- This RV mattress is gel-infused with perforations to provide optimum airflow and ventilation.
- Please allow it to expand for up to 48 hours after unrolling this mattress.
- This 8-inch mattress is made from a premium firm density memory foam above a layer of high-density foam.
- The shorter length makes this mattress easier to store inside an RV when traveling.
- The memory foam is made with a unique cooling gel to ensure it does not overheat.
- Experience the joy of pressure point alleviation thanks to memory foam’s body contouring properties.
- Open-cell technology allows air to flow freely inside the mattress, adding extra heat redistribution away from the sleeper.
- Free of any harmful chemical additives and flame retardants.
- Certi-PUR Certified.
- This highly versatile and portable mattress can easily be used in an RV, Caravan, tent, or other.
- Made with high-quality memory foam and a natural and breathable bamboo cover.
- Very easy to clean, and the cover is removable.
- It folds quite compact for easy storage and portability.
- Life is not always predictable. This is a great mattress if you need a backup sleeping plan in the RV or while camping.
- More portable than other foam mattresses, this dual-layered mattress folds into three parts, forming a “stack of pillows.”
- The top layer of the 6-inch mattress is made from quality memory foam, which can hold your body shape even if you toss and turn at night.
- The bottom layer is high-density foam, placed on uneven surfaces or in the RV without hassles.
- The mattress is hypoallergenic, dust-mite proof, and has an anti-slip bottom.
- This firm support mattress comes in different size options to choose from.
- A Fiber quilted cover filled with Green tea foam and heavy-duty coil springs.
- The green tea keeps the mattress fresher for longer and eliminates odors.
- High-quality CertiPUR-Certified foam is used to fill with coil springs in the middle.
Comparison Table: The Top Rated RV Mattresses
|1||Parklane Mattresses Explorer - RV Mattress||Parklane Mattresses||97|
|2||Sound Asleep Comfort Coil Air Mattress - Luxury Deflatable Air RV Mattress||Sound Asleep||98|
|3||subrtex Gel-Infused - Memory Foam RV Mattress||subrtex||96.5|
|4||Serenia Sleep Memory Foam Mattress - Short Queen Body Contouring RV Mattress||Serenia Sleep||96|
|5||TriFold Cushy Form - RV Foldable Mattress||TriFold||98|
|6||Milliard Foldable RV Mattress - Fold-Up Memory Foam Mattress for Your RV||Milliard||94|
|7||Zinus Spring - RV Mattress||Zinus||98|
Table of Contents
- The Biggest Problems With Cheap Camping RV Mattresses
- Different Types of RV Mattresses
- Characteristics of a Good Mattress for RV
- Reviews: The Best RV Mattress
- Parklane Mattresses® Explorer RV Mattress
- Sound Asleep® Comfort Coil Air Mattress Luxury Deflatable Air RV Mattress
- subrtex® Gel-Infused Memory Foam RV Mattress
- Serenia Sleep® Memory Foam Mattress Short Queen Body Contouring RV Mattress
- TriFold® Cushy Form RV Foldable Mattress
- Milliard® Foldable RV Mattress Fold-Up Memory Foam Mattress for Your RV
- Zinus® Spring RV Mattress
- Comparison Table: The Top Rated RV Mattresses