Ordinary spring mattresses have gone entirely out of fashion with the invention of materials such as memory foam. The best spring mattresses these days have taken on a new evolution.
This buyer’s guide addresses the best spring mattress materials, what spring mattress best suits your particular sleeping position, and the top traits of the best spring mattresses worldwide.
Table of Contents
- Spring Mattress Materials: When Evolution Meets Ergonomics
- What Mattress Type Works Best For Your Sleeping Posture?
- Top Qualities of a Good Spring Mattress
- Reviews: Best Spring Mattresses
- Zinus® Master Coil Mattress Support Plus Top Spring Mattress
- Classic Brands® iCoil InnerSpring Mattress Hybrid Layered Gel Spring Foam Mattress
- Signature Sleep® Bamboo Spring Mattress 10 Inch Spring Coil System Mattress
- Zinus® Deluxe Box Spring Mattress Certified Quality Foam Spring Mattress
- Sweetnight Store® Hybrid Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- Simmons® Silver BRS900 15 Inch Medium Firm Spring Mattress
- Linenspa® Hybrid Hybrid Latex Spring Mattress
- Comparison Table: The Top & Best Spring Mattresses
Spring Mattress Materials: When Evolution Meets Ergonomics
Spring mattresses are not made the same as they were a few years ago. If you are sleeping on an old spring mattress, you will likely know about many consumers’ same complaints about the springs sticking out at odd angles.
Not only does this cause uncomfortable sleeping habits, but it also promotes spinal injuries, musculoskeletal conditions, and back pain.
These days spring mattresses have grown wiser, with vastly improved methods. Combined with both memory foam and high-density foam, the springs will never stick out to harm you or your back ever again!
Memory foam doubles as fantastic back support because it lets you sink in slightly, which creates a replica of your body shape.
The high-density foam adds firmness to this recipe for sleeping success. Another difference between modern spring mattresses is that every coil is individually wrapped, which silences them and prevents excessive bounciness.
In other words, you can sleep comfortably without waking your partner when you roll over at night.
What Mattress Type Works Best For Your Sleeping Posture?
What’s your most often-used sleeping position? There are three standard sleeper position types in which people tend to be classified:
- Side Sleepers – a side sleeper usually has the most back problems and issues with finding a good night of sleep. Often this is because they are not sleeping on a mattress that suits their needs. Side sleepers demand the best toss-up between a firm and soft mattress, which is why a spring mattress with a thick layer of memory foam is advised. This allows enough space for shoulder length, regardless of your pillow, and supports the suspended springs below.
- Back Sleepers – back sleepers are perhaps the easiest of the three profiles to accommodate. Sleeping on the back requires a more firm mattress to keep the spine straight. A thin layer of foam above individually microfiber cluster-wrapped springs should do the trick! Make sure you use a pillow that allows your head to rest flat, or you may experience neck pain.
- Stomach Sleepers – traditionally, a stomach sleeper has problems with gastric reflux, breathing, and losing blood circulation after pressing on them all night. A soft mattress is recommended for those who lay on their stomachs for the most flexibility. Thick memory foam or serene foam will work best over the springs.
Top Qualities of a Good Spring Mattress
These are some of the best features that set normal spring mattresses apart from spring mattresses of the future.
- Motion Transfer Control – motion transference is one of the leading causes of sleepless nights between couples who share the same bed. When you or your partner tosses and turns during sleep, the movement can potentially wake you or your spouse. Motion transfer control keeps the mattress at the same level, limiting the motion that moves through the mattress, making it the best for couples to indulge in.
- Multi-Foam Layers – Memory foam combined with high-density foam and springs makes the best mattresses. However, the foam itself has evolved. A mattress with 3 or 4 layers of foam is even better for your posture and sleeping comfort. Usually, a layer of breathable foam is used to allow more air to circulate, and sometimes a firmer contoured foam is used to press into your back and relieve the pressure.
- Cooling Gel Memory Foam – a common problem with foam is that it does not breathe well unless made with either hole or with a cooling gel infusion. It’s not worth the comfort if you overheat at night, so bear this point in mind!
- Height – in this instance, bigger is better, and the mattress thickness makes it more worth your while. A thicker mattress can support more weight and aid posture, taking more pressure off your body.
- Individually Wrapped InnerSprings – iCoil technology or individually wrapped innerspring allows for the mattress to be 100% silent, at least ten times more comfortable, and is also more back-supportive. The best placement for the springs tends to be in the center of the mattress and without gaps between coils. A filler such as microfiber clusters will help dampen the sound further and improve comfort even more.
Reviews: Best Spring Mattresses
Are you ready to see some of the best spring mattresses available today? Take a peek!
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- This 12-inch mattress is made from 3 layers of foam above a bed of securely wrapped coil innerspring.
- The top layer consists of a deluxe quilted cover for alleviating pressure points as you lay there.
- The first two foam layers are both pressure points relieving comfort memory foam, taking the load off, and encouraging good sleep.
- The high-density foam holds it all together, keeping the inner springs compact and the top foam layers sag-proof.
- The innerspring system is individually wrapped and centered for optimal motion transfer control.
- The mattress comes ready to sit on top of a bi-fold box spring frame that can be folded in half for easy storage or used for guests if you already have a mattress base.
- This thick 14-inch spring mattress comes with an indulgent 7-layered hybrid foam profile!
- The first layer is gel-infused memory foam to keep you cool all night.
- The next two layers are made with premium comfort foam to hold your body in the perfect sleeping alignment.
- Following these layers is a repetition of gel memory foam and two additional comfort foam layers.
- An 8-inch spring system lies suspended above a layer of high-density foam to complete these monster spring mattresses!
- Perfect motion control allows anyone to sleep without waking their significant other at night.
- Covered in a superior stylish quilted design for extra comfort and pressure point relief.
- This 13-inch mattress is the perfect sleeping solution for back sleepers.
- The top 2 layers of memory and comfort foam sit above an impressive 10-inch coil spring pressure relief system, ensuring an excellent night of rest.
- This mattress minimizes motion transference, allowing you to move freely without disturbing your spouse or partner.
- This mattress is silent and will absorb any excess moisture, keeping you fresh and dry all night.
- It is covered in a super soft bamboo cover, which is deeply quilted for maximum pressure relief.
- Free from all harmful chemical substances such as formaldehyde, TDCPP, TCEP, mercury, lead, or other heavy metals.
- This 13-inch spring mattress is covered in a specialized quilted fiber top for a cool, soothing sleeping experience.
- Each coil is individually wrapped for maximum motion transference control and keeps the mattress silent.
- The tri-layered foam will keep an impression of your body shape and help alleviate pressure points off of the back.
- Ideal for back or stomach sleepers, offering a softer form of spinal support than most mattresses.
- Certified chemical-free foam for your health and benefit.
- It will last you for over a decade without any signs of breakage!
- This mattress is constructed with individually wrapped innerspring and memory foam to provide the perfect balance of support and comfort.
- It features a high-density foam layer for comfort and full-body support.
- The foam layer allows the body to adjust and conform to the mattress and provides optimum weight and temperature distribution.
- It provides motion isolation with the individual wrapped coils’ help and relieves pressure points.
- This mattress features the 900 Series pocketed coil technology, the world’s premiere support system.
- Dual control technology keeps your mattress fresh and cool at all times.
- The Gel-infused memory foam offers firm lumbar support and likewise has cooling qualities.
- It is filled with the finest quality Gel Foam to offer optimal luxury comfort.
- This latex foam mattress features a top latex foam layer with inside pocketed coil springs for support.
- A Ten-inch designed mattress offers medium to firm support for all sleeping positions.
- Natural latex layers are naturally cooling and temperature neutral with a hypoallergenic design.
- You can use this mattress for a free trial period to make your decision.
- A ten-inch latex mattress with a hybrid design included pocketed coils for better support in the mattress center.
Comparison Table: The Top & Best Spring Mattresses
|Zinus Master Coil Mattress - Support Plus Top Spring Mattress
|Classic Brands iCoil InnerSpring Mattress - Hybrid Layered Gel Spring Foam Mattress
|Signature Sleep Bamboo Spring Mattress - 10 Inch Spring Coil System Mattress
|Zinus Deluxe Box Spring Mattress - Certified Quality Foam Spring Mattress
|Sweetnight Store Hybrid - Gel Memory Foam Mattress
|Simmons Silver BRS900 - 15 Inch Medium Firm Spring Mattress
|Linenspa Hybrid - Hybrid Latex Spring Mattress