Ordinary spring mattresses have gone entirely out of fashion with the invention of materials such as memory foam. The best spring mattresses these days have taken on a new evolution.
This buyers guide addresses the best spring mattress materials, what spring mattress will best suit your particular sleeping position and the top traits of the best spring mattresses around the world.
Spring Mattress Materials: When Evolution Meets Ergonomics
Spring mattresses are not made the same as they were a few years ago. If you are sleeping on an old spring mattress, you will likely know about the same complaints held by many consumers about the springs sticking out at odd angles.
Not only does this cause uncomfortable sleeping habits, but it promotes spinal injuries, musculoskeletal conditions, as well as back pain.
These days spring mattresses have grown up to become wiser, with vastly improved methods. Combined with both memory foam and high-density foam, the springs will never stick out to harm you or your back ever again!
Memory foam doubles as fantastic back support, because it lets you sink in slightly which creates a replica of your body shape.
The high-density foam adds firmness to this recipe for sleeping success. Another difference between modern spring mattresses is that each and every coil is individually wrapped, which silences them and prevents excessive bounciness.
In other words, you can sleep comfortably without waking your partner when you roll over in the night.
What Mattress Type Works Best For Your Sleeping Posture?
What’s your most often used sleeping position? There are three standard sleeper position types in which people tend to be classified under:
- Side Sleepers – a side sleeper usually has the most back problems and issues with finding a good night of sleep. Often this is because they are not sleeping on a mattress that suits their needs. Side sleepers demand the best toss up between a firm and soft mattress, which is why a spring mattress with a very thick layer of memory foam is advised. This allows enough space for shoulder length, regardless of your pillow and still has the support of the springs suspended below.
- Back Sleepers – back sleepers are perhaps the easiest of the three profiles to accommodate. Sleeping on the back requires a more firm mattress to keep the spine straight. A thin layer of foam above individually microfiber cluster wrapped springs should do the trick! Make sure you use a pillow that allows your head to rest flat or you may experience neck pain.
- Stomach Sleepers – traditionally a stomach sleeper has problems with gastric reflux, breathing and losing blood circulation after pressing on them all night. A soft mattress is recommended for those who lay on their stomachs to all for the most flexibility. A thick layer of memory foam or serene foam will work the best over the springs.
Top Qualities of a Good Spring Mattress
These are some of the best features that set normal spring mattresses apart from spring mattresses of the future.
- Motion Transfer Control – motion transference is one of the leading causes of sleepless nights between couples who share the same bed. When you or your partner tosses and turns during sleep, the movement can potentially wake up you or your spouse. Motion transfer control keeps the mattress at the same level, limiting the motion that moves through the mattress, making it the best for couples to indulge in.
- Multi-Foam Layers – Memory foam combined with high density foam and springs makes the best mattresses. However, the foam itself has evolved. A mattress with 3 or 4 layers of foam is even better for your posture and sleeping comfort. Usually, a layer of breathable foam is used to allow more air to circulate, and sometimes a firmer contoured foam is used press into your back and relieve the pressure.
- Cooling Gel Memory Foam – a common problem with foam is that it does not breathe well unless made with either holes or with a cooling gel infusion. It’s not worth the comfort if you overheat in the night, so bear this point in mind!
- Height – in this instance, bigger is better, and the mattress thickness makes it more worth your while. A thicker mattress can support more weight and will aid posture better, taking more pressure off your body.
- Individually Wrapped InnerSprings – iCoil technology or individually wrapped innerspring, allows for the mattress to be 100% silent, at least ten times more comfortable and is also more back-supportive. The best placement for the springs tends to be in the center of the mattress and without any gaps between coils. A filler such as microfiber clusters will help to dampen the sound further and improves the comfort even more.
Reviews: Best Spring Mattresses
Are you ready to see some of the best spring mattresses available on the market of today? Take a peek!
- This 13 inch mattress is made from 3 layers of foam above a bed of securely wrapped iCoil innersprings.
- The top layer consists of a deluxe quilted cover for alleviating pressure points as you lay there.
- The first two foam layers are both pressure point relieving comfort memory foam, helping to take the load off and encouraging good sleep.
- High-density foam holds it all together, keeping the inner springs compact and the top foam layers sag-proof.
- The inner spring system is individually wrapped and centered for optimal motion transfer control.
- The mattress comes ready to sit on top of a bi-fold box spring frame that can be folded in half for easy storage or used for guests if you already have a mattress base.
- This very thick 14 inch spring mattress comes with an indulgent 7 layered hybrid foam profile!
- The first layer is made of gel infused memory foam to keep you cool all night long.
- The next two layers are made with premium comfort foam to hold your body in the perfect sleeping alignment.
- Following these layers is a repetition of gel memory foam and two additional layers of comfort foam.
- An 8-inch spring system lies suspended above a layer of high-density foam to complete these monster spring mattress!
- Perfect motion control allows for anyone to sleep without waking up their significant other in the night.
- Covered in a superior stylish quilted design for extra comfort and pressure point relief.
- This 13 inch mattress is the perfect sleeping solution for those who are back sleepers.
- The top 2 layers of memory and comfort foams sit above an impressive 10-inch coil spring pressure relief system, ensuring an excellent night of rest.
- This mattress minimizes motion transference, allowing you to move freely without disturbing your spouse or partner.
- This mattress is silent and will absorb any excess moisture, keeping you fresh and dry all night long.
- Covered in a super soft bamboo cover which is deeply quilted for maximum pressure relief.
- Free from all harmful chemical substances such as formaldehyde, TDCPP, TCEP, mercury, lead or other heavy metals.
- This 13 inch spring mattress is covered in a specialised quilted fiber top for a cool, soothing sleeping experience.
- Each coil is individually wrapped for maximum motion transference control as well as to keep the mattress silent.
- The tri-layered foam will keep an impression of your body shape and help alleviate pressure points off of the back.
- Ideal for back or stomach sleepers, offering a softer form of spinal support than most mattresses.
- Certified chemical free foam for your health and benefit.
- Will last you for over a decade without any signs of breakage!
- Best Price Mattress brings one of the most affordable innerspring iCoil mattresses to the market, complete with a bed frame to match.
- A quilted cover alleviates pressure in combination with three layers of supreme soft foam to facilitate painless sleep.
- There is a fire barrier on the inner layer to ensure that your mattress will not burn in the case of an emergency.
- Unlike many mattresses, the individually wrapped silent coil system extends to the very boundary of the mattress, removing motion transference to 0 all over the mattress!
- The most ideal for back sleepers, but also suitable for stomach and side sleepers.
Comparison Table: The Top & Best Spring Mattresses
|1||Zinus Master Coil Mattress - BiFold Euro Top Spring Mattress||Zinus||97|
|2||Classic Brands iCoil InnerSpring Mattress - Hybrid Layered Gel Spring Foam Mattress||Classic Brands||95|
|3||Signature Sleep Bamboo Spring Mattress - 10 Inch Spring Coil System Mattress||Signature Sleep||97|
|4||Zinus Deluxe Box Spring Mattress - Certified Quality Foam Spring Mattress||Zinus||96|
|5||Best Price Mattress Innerspring Mattress - 12 Gauge iCoil Back Sleepers Mattress||Best Price Mattress||95|
Table of Contents
- Spring Mattress Materials: When Evolution Meets Ergonomics
- What Mattress Type Works Best For Your Sleeping Posture?
- Top Qualities of a Good Spring Mattress
- Reviews: Best Spring Mattresses
- Zinus® Master Coil Mattress BiFold Euro Top Spring Mattress
- Classic Brands® iCoil InnerSpring Mattress Hybrid Layered Gel Spring Foam Mattress
- Signature Sleep® Bamboo Spring Mattress 10 Inch Spring Coil System Mattress
- Zinus® Deluxe Box Spring Mattress Certified Quality Foam Spring Mattress
- Best Price Mattress® Innerspring Mattress 12 Gauge iCoil Back Sleepers Mattress
- Comparison Table: The Top & Best Spring Mattresses