Scoliosis can be a very severe and painful condition to contend with.
If you have scoliosis, you will know the difficulties of getting a peaceful night of deep restorative sleep in order!
Here we have compiled a buyer’s guide, which explores avenues of scoliosis pain relief, as well as the best mattress for scoliosis.
Definition, Causes & Symptoms of Scoliosis
Scoliosis is a spinal condition that indicates a dramatic curvature of the spine, either to the left or right of where it should be.
Many of the causes of scoliosis are little known. Some children appear to have it genetically, either growing up with a deformation of the spine or contracting it when growth hormones begin to kick in at puberty.
Computers, poor diet, bad posture, and uneven shoes have been proven to worsen scoliosis cases and are theorized to be linked to this condition’s causes.
Scoliosis symptoms may include having one shoulder higher than the other or one hip lower than the other.
An uneven waistline or one shoulder blade sticking out a bit more than the other can also be a sign you have a misaligned spine.
The symptoms scoliosis patients appear to have in common are pain and stiffness in the back and often the neck and hips.
What Can Be Done For Scoliosis Pain Relief?
Those who suffer from spinal deformities like scoliosis tend to experience a higher level of pain in their bodies. Many of these cases find it difficult to sleep at night, which heightens the sensation of pain. There are a few things one can attempt to control for scoliosis pain; however, it is advised to be in close communication with a specialist.
- Exercise – gentle exercise every day can help to alleviate the pain and allow your body to rest easier. Do not overdo it, especially if you have severe scoliosis, as that can increase your pain.
- Healthy Diet – do some research on eating a healthier diet and find out what you may be allergic to. This will help alleviate the pressure on your body and allow the body to focus on real complaint areas. Eating a healthy diet with a balance of fruits, vegetables, nuts, berries, proteins, and the right oils (like omega-3s) will help to control pain perception in the body by minimizing free radical stress.
- Sunlight – Sunlight can help bones immensely because of the production of vitamin D it inspires in our bodies. A vitamin D3 supplement will also greatly help with pain relief and better sleep at night.
- Best Mattress for Scoliosis – a mattress that alleviates all pressure off the spine is the best for scoliosis and can remedy sleepless nights altogether in mild scoliosis cases.
Features of a Good Matresses for Scoliosis
Here are some best features for mattresses that help those with scoliosis:
- Memory Foam – In this instance, foam is better to opt for than a spring mattress. This minimizes the chance of getting prodded by a spring, an absolute disaster in a scoliosis case. In particular, memory foam lets whatever your body shape is defined, creating a contour of your exact form. This allows you to be as comfortable as possible, even if your spine is out.
- Back Support – High-density foam in the base layer is a good thing to have for additional back support. If your spine is out, you do not want to sleep on a mattress with little to no support for your back.
- Gentle Ridges – mildly contoured patterns in the mattress is good for gentle pressure point alleviation on the back. The more severe the scoliosis is, the less pronounced these ridges should be.
- Padded Comfort – sometimes extra comfort may be required, even on top of memory foam. A top-quality mattress pad for scoliosis is another solution, especially if you have a limited budget and a mattress that does not help your back.
- Adjustable Bases – having a spine completely out of alignment may place pressure on other organs or restrict breathing. Some scoliosis patients prefer a bed with a fully adjustable base so they can decide to lie at an angle to help them rest properly.
Reviews: The Best Mattresses for Scoliosis
Make sure to take a look at our below selection of mattresses for scoliosis before making your decision on the best one for you!
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- This triple-layered foam mattress is made from superior quality foam layers that will cushion your spine while you rest.
- The top two layers are made from soft memory foam and cooling memory foam so that your back is supported but never overheated.
- A gentle texture is maintained on the mattress’s surface to ensure a mild pressure point alleviation for severe scoliosis cases.
- Adjust the base to recline at any angle you like and help alleviate your particular back pain.
- The mattress’s base layer is 5 inches thick of high-density foam, strong enough to support you and flexible enough to move with the adjustable base.
- This is a super cost-effective mattress considering twice the thickness of ordinary luxurious memory foam mattresses available on the market.
- Fifteen inches of Visco elastic memory foam will keep your spine perfectly straight in the night via the sheer density of the mattress!
- The foam has been certified to be free of additional toxins or chemicals.
- The covering is infused with bamboo, letting it last longer and remain cool all night long.
- A mildly Quilted top layer helps to alleviate pressure off very sensitive backs.
- Ideal for those who have scoliosis.
- Comes inclusive of a ten-year warranty.
- This 10-inch mattress will make nearly anyone feel as though they are sleeping in a hotel resort, the signature quality of resort sleep mattresses.
- Made from a 2.5-inch layer of memory foam and a 7.5-inch layer of high-density foam, this mattress contains the perfect balance for successful restful sleeping.
- The foam has been fused with cooling technology to help you to sleep perfectly without waking up from hot flashes in the night.
- This mattress is designed to alleviate pressure points on the back and hips, allowing you to have some pain relief.
- Ideal for those who have scoliosis, fibromyalgia, and other back conditions.
- Covered in a breathable, comfortable knit cover.
- Many people who have scoliosis are overweight and battle to sleep properly at night due to their weight.
- This mattress provides the ultimate sleeping solution to back problems associated with obesity or overweight complications.
- This mattress has two sides and can be reversed, one side having pressure point relief ridges and the other side being smooth.
- The mattress is made of high-density foam that comforts mildly to your body shape, placing mass emphasis on supporting a large spine and bone structure.
- Able to hold up to 400 lbs, this mattress is sure to support your back no matter what size you are.
- Covered in a luxuriously soft micro-Lux cover for breathability and comfort.
- This is a fantastic mattress to buy if you lack a budget but have a fatigued and aching back that needs some rest.
- Consisting of three layers of quality foam, the top two layers are made of body-conforming memory foam, which alleviates pressure off the spinal column.
- The second foam layer is specially designed to release pressure points in the back of those suffering from musculoskeletal conditions such as mild scoliosis.
- The base layer is made of tough foam for the best back support possible.
- Covered in a soft material and infused with charcoal for antimicrobial properties.
- Save your budget and purchase this inexpensive good quality memory foam mattress for deep regenerative sleep at night.
- For those needing a quick comfort solution to sleeping with scoliosis, purchasing an exceptionally plush mattress topper could be your ultimate solution.
- Quilted for pressure point alleviation, you can quickly transform your bedspread into a far more comfortable setup with this mattress pad.
- Cost-effective and super luxurious, help your back get the comfort it needs while protecting it from any springs or lumps in your base mattress.
- It is covered in a luxurious, breathable bamboo cover with a stretch fit skirting for maximum convenience.
- Stuffed with cooling cluster fibers for the best possible night’s sleep won’t cause an allergic reaction in sensitive individuals.
- It is made with responsive memory foam in the top layer and more high-density and firm foam in the middle layers.
- The mattress helps you sleep in a way that improves alignment and posture.
- Infused with natural oils and green teen that kills bacteria, reduces odors and keeps your mattress fresh at all times.
- The Sealy response is designed with posture pedic technology, which keeps an ideal posture and alignment when you sleep.
- Designed with three layers of Sealy foam and Gel-infused memory foam, and a higher density middle foam and pocketed coils for better support.
- The Gel infusion in the memory foam helps to disperse body heat and keeps you cool.
- The Tempur Pedic features its unique Tempur material to relieve pain and pressure.
- This material adapts to your body’s weight, shape, and heat to create the best sleeping environment in the best posture.
- The cover is washable and completely allergen resistant, as well as hypoallergenic.
- The Tempur-Pedic comes with a 10-year warranty for comfort and quality.
- The bed base offers an independent head incline of 0-60 degrees and a foot incline of 0-45 degrees.
- It also offers dual USB charging stations on both sides of the bed base.
- The memory foam mattress comes infused with Bamboo Charcoal and Aloe Vera.
- It is designed to eliminate odors, wick away moisture, and cradle the body while you sleep.
Comparison Table: Top Rated Mattresses for Scoliosis
Table of Contents
- Definition, Causes & Symptoms of Scoliosis
- What Can Be Done For Scoliosis Pain Relief?
- Features of a Good Matresses for Scoliosis
- Reviews: The Best Mattresses for Scoliosis
- Dynasty Mattress® Cooling Foam Mattress Adjastable Memory Foam Mattress for Scoliosis
- Visco Revolution® Tempurpedic Foam Mattress Scoliosis Back Support Memory Foam Mattress
- Resort Sleep® Hotel Quality Mattress Pain Relief Foam Mattress for Restless Sleepers
- Ultimate Sleep® Overweight Scoliosis Mattress Overweight Pressure Point Relief Foam Mattress
- Best Price Mattress® Memory Foam Mattress Cost-Effective Memory Foam Scoliosis Relief Mattress
- Exceptional Sheets® Cluster Stuffed Mattress Topper Hotel Bed Mattress Pad for Scoliosis Relief
- Zinus® Memory Foam Mattress Ultra Plush Scoliosis Mattress
- Sealy® Response Performance Firm Scoliosis Mattress
- Pempur-Pedic® ProForm Mattress Topper for Scoliosis
- LUCID® L300 Adjustable Bed with Mattress
- Comparison Table: Top Rated Mattresses for Scoliosis