Getting a comfortable night’s rest does not always mean that you need a large and thick, heavy mattress, a thinner and lighter mattress can work just as well.
Sometimes a thin mattress may be just what you need for your body to get the sleep preference that it requires.
What Constitutes a Thin Mattress
Generally, a Thin Mattress has a thickness of between 5 and 9 Inches about the ten to 12 inches a standard thick mattress has. I have also found a thin mattress of four and three inches.
A thin mattress is, however, recommended for individuals who are thinner and weigh less rather than heavier individuals, as they need less support for their weight.
The thin mattress likewise comes in various degrees of firmness from a firm to medium and soft similar to that of a standard mattress.
As with fill materials, a Thin Mattress has more or less the same fill and cover types, also consisting of various layers, such as a gel Memory foam top and a firmer and denser foam base.
Some Great Uses and Benefits of a Thin Mattress
The Thin Mattress has multiple purposes and uses and can be used for much more than just a general sleeping mattress;
- Space Saving – A thin mattress takes up much less space and can also be folded and stored much easier for use as an extra mattress.
Multiple Purposes – A thin mattress can be used for traveling, as a vacation mattress in your RV or caravan, as a guest mattress, children’s mattress, or for temporary sleeping arrangements.
Motion Isolation – If motion in bed from your partner wakes you up, a thinner mattress is the most effective at ensuring that there is almost no motion transfer with movement.
Proper Support – A Thinner mattress offers excellent support and helps to align your spine alleviating back pain. The Thinner mattress is also more breathable and allows for better oxygen intake.
Temperature Regulating – A Thin mattress has excellent breathability due to how thin it is; therefore, it will keep you much cooler than a thicker mattress.
Bunk Beds – A thin mattress is the best option for bunk beds at it is lightweight and very easy to move.
Features of a Good Thin Mattress
- Materails – The Thin materials can consist of either Foam, memory Foam, a high-density foam for the base, and Gel for cooling. The cover is usually made from a durable fabric such as cotton, Microfiber or polyester.
Durability – A thin mattress is made of durable and long-lasting materials similar to a thick mattress.
Options – Options in a thin mattress include thickness, which can be between 3 and 9 Inches, size of the mattress from a Twin up to a King Size.
Reviews: The Best Thin Mattresses
Below you will see some of the thinnest available mattress options in 6 inch and less thicknesses;
From the top brand – Simmons, Lightweight, and thin mattress.
- Very lightweight and thin mattress for a sleeping or lounging solution.
- Very thin at three inches thick made with plush memory foam for the fill and a removable ultra-plush cover.
- The cover is machine washable and will dry quite quickly.
- Ideal for sleepovers, camping, and playrooms.
The LinenSpa Thin mattress comes in the option of a mattress only or a mattress and bed frame set that you can choose from.
- Five-inch thick, memory foam mattress that offers firm support.
- It is covered in a durable and soft polyester cover.
- The first-inch layer is infused with gel for cooling properties.
- The mattress comes backed by a ten-year warranty for quality construction and materials.
- Made from the finest quality memory foam with a durable and softcover.
- A Tri-Fold design that can easily be folded and stored for portability.
- The memory foam mattress is six inches thick, offering superb support and comfort.
- The perfect mattress for a temporary sleeping solution.
A high-quality Certi-Pure Certified Memory Foam thin mattress from Lucid with Gel Memory foam Dual Layer Technology.
- Certi-Pur Certified standard and dust mite resistant as well as an odor-resistant mattress.
- Made from the finest quality Gel-infused Memory foam that is cooling and comfortable.
- Dual layered Technology with one inch of ventilated foam, a Gel Memory Foam layer and 4 inches of foam base for firm support.
- Open-cell construction for long-lasting durability.
- Ideal for portable use and has a space-saving low profile.
A comfortable and thin dual-layer mattress from Bed Boss filled with Certi-Pur Certified Memory Foam.
- It offers firm support for your back and body.
- It is filled with the finest quality Certi-Pur Certified Memory Foam in dual layers for breathability and support.
- Free of harmful toxins and other materials.
- Bed Boss is one of the best-rated mattress companies that build the finest compressed mattresses.
The ideal mattress for guests and traveling is the four-inch thin Fortnight Bedding Foldable Thin Mattress.
- Foldable design for space-saving and easy portability.
- The perfect mattress for camping and traveling as well as for guests.
- Flexible and foldable design that is four inches thick.
- Firm support and highly durable with a soft and comfortable cover.
- Certi-Pur Certified and safe of all harmful chemicals and substances.
The Olee Sleep is a thin Gel-infused cooling and moldable memory foam mattress that comes in a twin or full-size option.
- A Multi-Layered memory foam mattress with a cooling gel that is temperature regulating.
- It is made with three layers of high-quality Gel and memory foam with a high-density base foam.
- It comes with the best in its class polyester jacquard cover for protection and durability.
- Thin, lightweight design that is easy to move and fold.
- The Tuft and Needle Nod is a thin and luxury comfort mattress.
- A high-quality mattress at 8 inches thick that is available in different size selections.
- The Nod is made with innovative foam and finished off with a grey soft, and breathable cover.
- This mattress sleeps cooler and softer than most thin mattresses.
- A six-inch thin mattress from LinenSpa with a comfortable Polyester and Rayon Cover.
- The Mattress has a base of heavy gauge tempered steel coils for firm support and durability.
- This is the ideal mattress for children and teenagers.
- There is also a fire-resistant barrier and a layer of plush top cushioning for comfort.
- The Modway Mattress is available in Thin and thicker options fo up to 10 inches.
- This is a memory foam based mattress that offers excellent pressure relief.
- Thin and comfortable and lightweight to move around.
- The mattress comes with a soft and durable cover quilted polyester.
Index Table: Top Rated Thin Mattress
|1||Simmons Beauty Sleep - Extra Thin Mattress||Simmons||98.5|
|2||Linenspa 5 Inch - High Density Thin Mattress||Linenspa||97|
|3||Milliard Tri-Folding - Thin Mattress||Milliard||98.2|
|4||Lucid Dual-Layer - Memory Foam Thin Mattress||Lucid||98|
|5||BedBoss Siesta - Thin Mattress||BedBoss||98|
|6||Fortnight Bedding Daybed - Foldable Thin Mattress||Fortnight Bedding||97|
|7||Olee Sleep Gel - Thin Mattress||Olee Sleep||97|
|8||Tuft & Needle Nod - Thin Mattress||Tuft & Needle||97|
|9||LinenSpa 6 Inch - Thin Mattress||LinenSpa||96|
|10||Modway Emma - Slim Thin Mattress||Modway||95|
Table of Contents
- What Constitutes a Thin Mattress
- Some Great Uses and Benefits of a Thin Mattress
- Features of a Good Thin Mattress
- Reviews: The Best Thin Mattresses
- Simmons® Beauty Sleep Extra Thin Mattress
- Linenspa® 5 Inch High Density Thin Mattress
- Milliard® Tri-Folding Thin Mattress
- Lucid® Dual-Layer Memory Foam Thin Mattress
- BedBoss® Siesta Thin Mattress
- Fortnight Bedding® Daybed Foldable Thin Mattress
- Olee Sleep® Gel Thin Mattress
- Tuft & Needle® Nod Thin Mattress
- LinenSpa® 6 Inch Thin Mattress
- Modway® Emma Slim Thin Mattress
- Index Table: Top Rated Thin Mattress